House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brainclamp

Armegeddon - Irans Secret Plan?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/03/19/news/iran.php

Just like the bible, Armeggedon is also predicted in the Koran as the time when the prophet returns and universal islam is established.

However, behind the news reports on Irans right for Nuclear energy for scientific uses, the theocracy that rules Iran, (which sponsors many Islamic extremists), the mullahs are now suspected to have a plan to follow the writings in the Koran to try and bring about Armeggedon.

As part of the jihad (Struggle) for a Universal Islamic nation they must try to bring Armeggedon about. In fact this is a major feature of Islam in this area.

'"End of Time" programs are sold in CDs and DVDs across the Muslim world, which romanticize the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hizbut Tehrir and add to their popularity'.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GE20Aa01.html

"The Muslim media from Egypt to Pakistan consistently paint al-Qaeda, the US-led "war on terror", the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and events such as those in Uzbekistan in the perspective of the "End of Time" and Har Megiddo.

In Islam, before the return of Jesus (Isa), the Mehdi (restorer of the faith), will appear at the end of time to restore justice on earth and establish universal Islam.

The Mehdi will be preceded by al-Dajjal, a Muslim anti-god, who will be defeated and will try to flee from the valley of Har Megiddo, which is in the Jezreel valley, in the north of Israel. Due to its strategic location, it has seen many battles. In 1918, there was a decisive battle between the British and the Ottomans, and General Alenby won the title "Lord of Megiddo". The same area now serves as an Israeli airbase.

In Muslim legend, "Khorasan" is from where an army will emerge to support Muslims in the Middle East. Their battle will end with victory in Palestine and the revival of Khilafah (caliphate). For the past few decades, Muslim academics have described Khorasan as the Central Asian states, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"End of Time" programs are sold in CDs and DVDs across the Muslim world, which romanticize the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hizbut Tehrir and add to their popularity.

Al-Qaeda is working to turn the story of Megiddo and the End of Time into reality. And the president of the United States, George W Bush, believes Armageddon is at hand: "The evil one is among us," he said in 2002, in a clear reference to the Antichrist. To quote Michael Ortiz Hill, "[T]he Commander in Chief of the most powerful military force in human history has located American foreign policy within a Biblical narrative that leads inexorably towards the plains of Megiddo ..."

Strange you should say that

“And the president of the United States, George W Bush, believes Armageddon is at hand: "The evil one is among us," he said in 2002”

After bombing his own people on the 9-11 and a few other things I’m becoming religious and if as we are told a new antichrist is here then I’ll give you ten to one it turns out to be no other than GW-Bush himself.

No I don’t trust them mad muslins and no way do I want them getting the bomb but GW-Bush is not our savour

Remember when people talk of armageddon, and all this end of world days.don't forget the iranian people....

These are the ones who take all the flak, crap and what have you...the govt is at fault here as always, the iranian people would be like the pwople of iraq....jubilant if their dictatorship rulers are taken down......don't forget there was a student uprising which was quickly put down by the forces in 2001!!!!!!

There needs to be a NEW revolution in Iran, no attacks, no sanctions....this is what the "powers that be" in the west should support, NOT armes strikes!!!!

If Iran wanted armageddon they could just launch some conventional missiles at Israel. I'm sure the reply would feel like armageddon to all nearby.

I don't doubt the Mullas and others would like a nuke but I'm sure it's more for political reasons than for testing the mutually assured destruction doctrine.

BTW I'm not for them having or any one having nukes (them less so than most) but they are not the only proliferators and fundamentalism is far more rife in Pakistan than in Persia.

For this and so many other reasons, I'm unsure of the logic of some of the foreign policies we in the West have adopted.