House Price Crash Forum
Guest muttley

Bootle - Hpi Set To Continue

"Liverpool is expected to continue its housing boom with house prices rising faster than most places in the UK, experts have said.

The area, which gained a reputation for industrial decline and unemployment, is facing a new lease of life following unexpected investment from BuyingBear after he stopped over to buy a packet of cookies during his journey down the M6 last week.

Jeremy Clark, of Clark and Davidson estate agents, said: "The two things really driving this are the resurgence of Liverpool, its Capital of Culture status, the massive regeneration and BuyingBear's biscuit buying tendencies".

"I have been in the business for 16 years, 10 of them in Bootle, and we've had the busiest January and February I can remember. The Bear has undergone a number of trips this year and he really underpins the market.

"Prices in some parts of the town have more than doubled in the last three years", however some caution that BuyingBear's purchasing habits might well change following continued inflation in the price of biscuits, in light of the competition the lemon tarts from Manchester may prove more attractive.

Guest muttley

Bootle?

For God's sake!

If you've never been to Bootle, then you've probably never seen a wheelie bin on four bricks.

If you've never been to Bootle, then you've probably never seen a wheelie bin on four bricks.

:lol:

Get the 'andle off too Alf!

Edited by Red Baron

It was my understanding from Liverpudlians that the whole area is blighted with house prices still recovering from the Great Crash?*

From a well known Broadsheet:

Liverpool

Nowhere has grown faster. A decade ago just 2,500 people lived in the city centre. Knight Frank says this has grown by 400 per cent to around 11,000. There have been 3,523 new homes coming on stream, 3,049 are now being built and 1,548 more have planning permission.
For sales negotiators, it can be like being a rabbit in the headlights. Kevin Whittaker, who has been marketing 123 flats in The Albany, still had 65 left to sell last February.
By November, the figures had whittled only to 58, even though he is offering a trial rental period of six months, guaranteed two-year rental for investors, and available cash-back deals. Prices are £168,000 for one bedroom and £218,000 for two.
"We are trying to come up with new ideas. Buyers have an awful lot to choose from in Liverpool. It can only get worse, as there are many more flats coming to the market by 2008," he says

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/property/mai...7/ixptop12.html

Hometrack have much the same dismal news for the North:

The worst performing counties are mainly found in the North, including South Yorkshire (-0.1%), North Lincolnshire (-0.1%) and East Riding of Yorkshire (-0.1%).

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/index.cfm?jsess...home&newsid=127

The so called "experts" referred to in the link who say prices are rising might be estate agents eager to unload some sticking properties?

*The Great Crash struck the United Kingdom in 1989 and lasted 7 long and painful years.

Edited by Realistbear

That was wheelie funny. :lol::lol::lol::D

Well as far as Bootle is concerned.

I WOULD NOT LIVE THERE!!!

Terraces should be no more than 45K and semi's are quite rare. This is the area where Jamie Bulger was taken from BOOTLE STRAND lets not forget. Its not a great area. I think you have just found the spin in Liverpool.

CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008.

This will make the city great - honest!!!

They spent 9 months closing the top end of the city off to do what??????

Widen the f*cking pavements!!!! 9 MONTHS!!!

The Council and all the city is supposed to offer is a scam to get government money. They are taking the piss on the projects and syphoning MILLIONS! WHo pays for it in the end???

You guessed the Liverpool people when our Council tax remains one of the HIGHEST in the country!

Dont believe the hype - I remember the hype about Beetham Tower/Plaza

http://www.maryandgisele.com/beetham_tower_old_hall.asp

And in this weeks Liverpool Echo Property Supplement

NORTH WEST AUCTION SALE

Friday 24th March, 2006

1101 Beetham Tower £200-£225,000

1601 Beetham Tower £200-£225,000

Now the story was that MICHAEL OWEN had bought the top floor roof suite OFF PLAN. Not sure of the trutch but that was the hype at the time. Now they have to sell them at auction!

NUFF SAID!

TB

Would that be a four bedroom Wheelie Bin??

In a run down council house estate in Bootle......

"Knock! Knock!"

"Errr. Yes? "

"Hello, Where's yer bin?"

"Err.mmm... I was out back and didn't hear you.."

"No.. No! Where's yer Wheelie Bin?"

"Well really.... I was in errr.... mm.... in jail...I just don't like talking about it thats all...."

:lol:

Edited by Randall Herbert

Well as far as Bootle is concerned.

I WOULD NOT LIVE THERE!!!

Terraces should be no more than 45K and semi's are quite rare. This is the area where Jamie Bulger was taken from BOOTLE STRAND lets not forget. Its not a great area. I think you have just found the spin in Liverpool.

CAPITAL OF CULTURE 2008.

This will make the city great - honest!!!

They spent 9 months closing the top end of the city off to do what??????

Widen the f*cking pavements!!!! 9 MONTHS!!!

The Council and all the city is supposed to offer is a scam to get government money. They are taking the piss on the projects and syphoning MILLIONS! WHo pays for it in the end???

You guessed the Liverpool people when our Council tax remains one of the HIGHEST in the country!

Dont believe the hype - I remember the hype about Beetham Tower/Plaza

http://www.maryandgisele.com/beetham_tower_old_hall.asp

And in this weeks Liverpool Echo Property Supplement

NORTH WEST AUCTION SALE

Friday 24th March, 2006

1101 Beetham Tower £200-£225,000

1601 Beetham Tower £200-£225,000

Now the story was that MICHAEL OWEN had bought the top floor roof suite OFF PLAN. Not sure of the trutch but that was the hype at the time. Now they have to sell them at auction!

NUFF SAID!

TB

How does that work Gisele used to work for Beetham?? Anyhow I`m at the auction on Friday I`ll let you know how it goes. :)