House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

The Firstrung.com Site, Is It Working In Your Browser?

could anyone have a look and let me know if the appearance is OK?

Youre just blatently trying to promote the site. :rolleyes::lol:

Youre just blatently trying to promote the site. :rolleyes::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Excellent, :P No seriously I`m on a different browser and a lot of the main page appears to have fallen down the page. Is it ok, does this other pc need an extra programme on it?

P.S. sign up for the newsletter while you`re over there, it has an article on priced out this week ;)

:lol::lol::lol: Excellent, :P No seriously I`m on a different browser and a lot of the main page appears to have fallen down the page. Is it ok, does this other pc need an extra programme on it?

P.S. sign up for the newsletter while you`re over there, it has an article on priced out this week ;)

Shameless :lol:

P3

No! :D

could anyone have a look and let me know if the appearance is OK?

It renders fine on my browsers but you do have a number of design issues with the site.

1) In the Editorial section, all of the articles are listed a long way down the right-hand side of the page. This looks awkward, so the older articles need to be archived off somewhere (where they should be still accessible).

2) The font is a bit too small, IMHO to these articles and I'm not sure why they are in CAPS.

3) The photo thumbnail at the top of each article is actually at it's full resolution and then resized by the browser. That isn't very good practice.

4) The text in an article should not be all in bold like this. Bold is meant to be preserved for highlighting passages of text.

5) Also I notice sometimes you change the whole colour scheme of the site, what's that all about ?

Apart from that I do like the content but the design isn't the best.... all IMHO of course. :)

It renders fine on my browsers but you do have a number of design issues with the site.

1) In the Editorial section, all of the articles are listed a long way down the right-hand side of the page. This looks awkward, so the older articles need to be archived off somewhere (where they should be still accessible).

2) The font is a bit too small, IMHO to these articles and I'm not sure why they are in CAPS.

3) The photo thumbnail at the top of each article is actually at it's full resolution and then resized by the browser. That isn't very good practice.

4) The text in an article should not be all in bold like this. Bold is meant to be preserved for highlighting passages of text.

5) Also I notice sometimes you change the whole colour scheme of the site, what's that all about ?

Apart from that I do like the content but the design isn't the best.... all IMHO of course. :)

Thanks for this Eddie,

1 The editorial, yep should archive past a certain time limit 7 days, or so I thought, I can do it manually with the breaking/collated news :angry:

2 I think I know what you`re saying <_<

3 Do you mean the image with each individual article as they are not alway selected in the same size? :)

4 OK we`ll try this... :)

5 Design issue, change for changes sake? No one could make up their mind which colour scheme they liked, therefore we change it occasionally, I like the purple myself :blink:

Version 2 will be better :P

Are you getting the banner images and the revolving image on the front page? I`m concerned..

Paul

Always pm me with any other issues, thanks for your help