House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

Subtle Signs Of Financial Desperation

Have you noticed lately there are signs people are becoming more desperate?

Whilst waiting at the ATM queue I have noticed a lot more people shoving multiple cards

into the slot, one after the other. It looks like they are getting 10's and 20's out of 3

different accounts.

Another thing, those Coin-o-matic machines were people dump all their change (so they

don't upset the bank) and it gives them a voucher to use in the store. I have noticed these

have always been "Out of Order" lately or "Machine FULL".

Other drivers on the road don't hesitate to beep, shake their fists and mouth obscenities to

each other, even for the most minor errors. The majority of people don't indicate anymore, they

just pull in and out as and when they feel like.

Pedestrians too, especially the youths, they just walk into the road and take their chances. I

suppose they haven't got much to look forward to these days. The only jobs are McJobs paying

minimum and they have bob hope of ever owning a house.

Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone have any other signs to share?

D

Guest muttley

Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone have any other signs to share?

Estate Agents hanging around house price discussion forums.

Employees of multi-million pound Dotcom companies doing the same.

Estate Agents hanging around house price discussion forums.

plenty of that going on in this site <_<

Yeah I was thinking that...... People do seem to be running out of cash!!!

I was convinced when I bumped into Steven Gerrard and he asked for some change to buy a coffee! :blink:

Times are hard!!! :rolleyes:

TB

Guest muttley

Yeah I was thinking that...... People do seem to be running out of cash!!!

I was convinced when I bumped into Steven Gerrard and he asked for some change to buy a coffee! :blink:

TB

We'll have him at United.

Not sure about some of the anecdotal evidence here but in my mind there is no doubt whatsoever that the increased fuel and energy prices must be having a big effect on many Britons finances.

It's been bloody cold now for about 4 months...all that heating and electrricity...

And its not just in the domestic sector.

Anglo-Dutch steel company Corus were whinging just yesterday about the energy hikes in Britain hitting their profits hard.

Christ knows how many people will be layed off in the next year as every company tries to keep its profits up and balance off the 40% energy hikes.

The atmosphere does seem to be more charged than usual. Just out and about on the roads, trains, wandering around the city centre. A relative and I were discussing it just the other day. A bit like christmas eve at 16:00. Everything looks OK, but there is an unmistakeable tension simmering just under the surface.

Also, city centre binge drinkers aside, has anyone noticed people seem to be drinking more lately?

But then again...I walk over to my office window...stare out the window, down on Covent Garden and I see...hordes of people with bulging shopping bags.

:huh:

Yes, I happen to agree with you about London but elsewhere it's looking dire. London is a micro-climate at the moment; international rich, sloanes, metropolitan minded 'wimmin' living a sex and the city lifestyle. However, at Bluewater yesterday there were less people than there should've been and, more importantly, very few bags about, and what bags there were were mostly M&S.

I think we're in a recession now - outside central London.

I would definatley agree on the road rage

At a junction yesterday waiting for cars to clear and a twit behind me banging his horn..needless to say I kept to the 30mph speed limit and below whilst he followed me.... :lol: I could actually see the rage in the whites of his eyes

Not sure about some of the anecdotal evidence here but in my mind there is no doubt whatsoever that the increased fuel and energy prices must be having a big effect on many Britons finances.

It's been bloody cold now for about 4 months...all that heating and electrricity...

And its not just in the domestic sector.

Anglo-Dutch steel company Corus were whinging just yesterday about the energy hikes in Britain hitting their profits hard.

Christ knows how many people will be layed off in the next year as every company tries to keep its profits up and balance off the 40% energy hikes.

Competition between suppliers after the 80's privatisation and 15 year gas contracts have spoilt us with ridiculously cheap energy.

i often check the receipts at the makro cash machine which people leave.

lots of £120 in account and you may draw £20s ??

best balance i saw was £720.00

people are really payday-paydaying it.

doing what they can to keep convinced they are rich and worth £300k in hot house property....

Guest Bart of Darkness

You wouldn't be having a pop at my dear friend zorn by any chance. :)

I'm sure the fact that he worked for Rightmove was pure coincidence.

Pure coincidence. ;)

Guest muttley

You wouldn't be having a pop at my dear friend zorn by any chance. :)

I'm sure the fact that he worked for Rightmove was pure coincidence.

Pure coincidence. ;)

I'm sure you're right.

Why would Rightmove moniter this site when properties are "flying off the shelf"?

A big stick of rhubarb to anyone suggesting this.

The VI's are spending their marketing budgets on forums.

:lol::lol::lol:

Weird, but I read this post while building a forum for an Estate Agent website… :ph34r:

Guest muttley

Yeah. I've noticed increasingly desperate landlords in Wandsworth trying to 'convert lofts' or 'add sheds' in a ridiculous attempt to increase yields on their pathetic investments.

:-)

Why don't they simply raise the rents?

Yeah. I've noticed increasingly desperate landlords in Wandsworth trying to 'convert lofts' or 'add sheds' in a ridiculous attempt to increase yields on their pathetic investments.

I love your avatar Crash, it appears Abbey have completely dropped the hot air balloon house from all their advertising! Their TV advert is no where to be seen (despite the fact it must of cost a fortune to produce), obviously the irony was a little too much for them. It's a shame really, this is just the sort those "what went wrong?" TV programmes will love to show in a few years.

Lovely.

I'm sure you're right.

Why would Rightmove moniter this site when properties are "flying off the shelf"?

A big stick of rhubarb to anyone suggesting this.

Yeah, why would they bother wasting their time monitoring this site? With houses flying off the shelves I would be surprised if they really had the time.

Hi all

Saw my neighbour filling his 4X4 with cooking oil.

Bus drivers are cutting me up with more vigour.

Killerbee

Up the bees