that estate agents resort to.

Could this information be pinned somewhere until Tuesday 9:00 so all

on this site know about it?

BBC1 WHISTLE BLOWER - EXPOSE ESTATE AGENTS

Tuesday 9:00pm

CAS :o

Trumpet blowers...

Whistleblowers...

Interesting. I wonder how much estate agent dirt they manage to scoop up...

:o

Just caught a clip on the BBC. The following are details of when to watch

a program of an expose documentary on the lies, deceit and pressuring

that estate agents resort to.

Could this information be pinned somewhere until Tuesday 9:00 so all

on this site know about it?

BBC1 WHISTLE BLOWER - EXPOSE ESTATE AGENTS

Tuesday 9:00pm

CAS :o

I wonder if there's secret footage of them sat at their desks in their empty branches posting on this forum ? :lol:

I wonder if there's secret footage of them sat at their desks in their empty branches posting on this forum ? :lol:

I was in a coffee shop today, guy on the table next to me was an estate agent popped out for his lunch,

overheard him complaining, "we used to sell 40/50 houses a month".

Later on in the day passed an EA office and saw him sitting at his desk with two other workmates, the place was otherwise empty. Thats all they need is a telly program slagging them off, they will be thinking how bad can it get.

Well, after spring I think they will find out, it can get bad, very bad.

BBC Assistant Director General to Chief programming director, news and public relations department:

Better put something murky on about Estate Agents in an upcoming slot as we have been getting more of those housepricecrash complaints about bias. We all know there are rotten apples in every game so it shouldn't do much harm to house prices or Gordo's chances of moving next door into number 10. Keep it to the back street type of agents, plenty of rough accents, shiny suits and flash motors. You know the sort of thing--real credibility testers. Casting should be able to come up with some convincing bodies for the parts only don't try to get David Jason as his mug is too recogniseable.

21:00 Tues 21st

BBC1

Whistleblower

Undercover reporters Anna Adams and Emma Clarke expose the murky world of estate agents to reveal what really goes on behind the sharp suits and glossy offices. They film under-pressure agents lying to their customers, forging signatures and some agents taking cash backhanders

Duration: 60mins

Please bump this post until this is aired.

TB

Edited by teddyboy

well as this threads near the top, I ll just speculate what might be in the show:

(it might cause the big 30% price drops overnight on tuesday)

EA - i want you to go to this house and say we can market it for £200K in the afternoon

MOLE - ok, but surely going by this company protocol I make it to be £180K tops

EA - yeh dont worry about that, do as i say, we want to give the highest price so we get the customer

MOLE - er ok

EA - we always inflate the price - ya know, I wouldnt pay more than £100K to be honest

MOLE - REALLY!

EA - yeh, there are mugs who believe what we say, every day. Anyways it means more commision, more profits etc. Dont you want the commision? It might not sell, straight away, but someone always falls for and will buy in the end.

MOLE - of course, but isnt it immoral

EA - theres nothing about morals in the training manual.

MOLE - ok I see.

EA - now get your kit off love

MOLE - why?

EA - compulsory company intitiation ceremony

Edited by notanewmember

We already have a thread on this.

it must have been on page 2 and seen a clip[ on the telly advertising it.

Downsides of this board being successful I suppose :(

it must have been on page 2 and seen a clip[ on the telly advertising it.

Downsides of this board being successful I suppose :(

Not to worry, it happens to the best of us. :D

It an agents job, and the law to act for the Vendor.

And it is also law for him to get the highest possible price.

So whats the problem?.

Caveat Emptor

How often do you buy something only to find it somewhere cheaper?.

It has always been the case that the purchaser of anything, even a jar of coffee can shop around and get it cheaper if he tries.

So for me, I know what an agent is tasked with and if you go in eyes wide open I dont see a problem.

What I do object to is Agents selling properties to their mates, and not allowing it hit the open market, now that is bad.

Land is such a case. A building plot generally is not advertised and will go to one of a group of individuals who line the agents pockets over dinner, and beer.

well as this threads near the top, I ll just speculate what might be in the show:

(it might cause the big 30% price drops overnight on tuesday)

EA - i want you to go to this house and say we can market it for £200K in the afternoon

MOLE - ok, but surely going by this company protocol I make it to be £180K tops

EA - yeh dont worry about that, do as i say, we want to give the highest price so we get the customer

MOLE - er ok

EA - we always inflate the price - ya know, I wouldnt pay more than £100K to be honest

MOLE - REALLY!

EA - yeh, there are mugs who believe what we say, every day. Anyways it means more commision, more profits etc. Dont you want the commision? It might not sell, straight away, but someone always falls for and will buy in the end.

MOLE - of course, but isnt it immoral

EA - theres nothing about morals in the training manual.

MOLE - ok I see.

EA - now get your kit off love

MOLE - why?

EA - compulsory company intitiation ceremony

30 seconds later...

MOLE - my what a small ***** you have.

EA - I know love but just keep looking at my shiny motor.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide (http://www.getdigiguide.com/)

DOCUMENTARY: Whistleblower

Channel: BBC 1 London 01

Date: Tuesday 21st March 2006

Time: 21:00 to 22:00

Duration: 1 hour.

Estate Agents.

Undercover reporters Anna Adams and Emma Clarke expose the murky world of estate agents to reveal what really goes on behind the sharp suits and glossy offices. They film under-pressure agents lying to their customers, forging signatures and some agents taking cash backhanders.

(Widescreen, Subtitles)

EA's lying, forging and taking backhanders... crikey :blink:

I was in a coffee shop today, guy on the table next to me was an estate agent popped out for his lunch,

overheard him complaining, "we used to sell 40/50 houses a month".

Later on in the day passed an EA office and saw him sitting at his desk with two other workmates, the place was otherwise empty. Thats all they need is a telly program slagging them off, they will be thinking how bad can it get.

Well, after spring I think they will find out, it can get bad, very bad.

The estate agents were all dead around my end at the weekend, three of them firing elastic bands at each other. :lol:

How is it possible that the dreaded mouthpiece of the VIs, the BBC, can dedicate months of time and lots of money and resources to a programme that looks like it will slate the EA industry? Is anyone else confused? ;)

But seriously, does anyone know if they are exposing 'household names' or those funny little local EAs with names you've nevber heard of?

I pray for the day F**tons gets the undercover investigation treatment! :)

How is it possible that the dreaded mouthpiece of the VIs, the BBC, can dedicate months of time and lots of money and resources to a programme that looks like it will slate the EA industry? Is anyone else confused? ;)

But seriously, does anyone know if they are exposing 'household names' or those funny little local EAs with names you've nevber heard of?

The worm turns. Notice how "little" coverage BBC gave Rightmove this time around? Look at the financial markets--they are ignoring Rightmove data:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20032006/323/ster...nke-speech.html

LONDON (AFP) - The pound drifted lower against the dollar after some mixed housing market data with a 'Rightmove' survey suggesting continued gains while the likes of the British Bankers Association and Council of Mortgage Lenders indicated an easing in mortgage lending levels.

Have the markets finally woken up to the fact that the VIs house price surveys are yhype?

Radio 5 Live did a piece this morning about 7.15 am on the Whistleblower programme. Said the reporter went undercover at Foxtons Fulham branch. A Foxtons spokesman was said to have been shocked & the company is instigating disciplinary action at the Fulham office as this was surely an isolated incident - yeah, right

Edited by volvos60

It looks like your prayers have been answered. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4826444.stm

Bit of a predicament for the BBC really - after years of publisizing all those HPI VI reports, month after month, they now expose the EA's as lying cheating dishonest scum. Now remind me, who is it who contributes figures to enable those monthly HPI surveys to be complied.

It's just a shame that the sheeple won't have the IQ to make that quantum leap conclusion for themselves.

Edited by volvos60