House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fancypants

Random Work-based Anecdotal

the chap who sits next to me at work has split up with his SO and they are selling their house in commuter belt Essex, bought less than 2 yrs ago.

two offers have fallen through, no leeway to drop the price as this would engender a loss once costs have been taken into account. With every passing month, more mortgage payments are being made, most of which will not be recovered

The EA claimed that the buyer pulled out because the neighbours tipped them off about (fictitious) stinky drains. The EA has been mucking them about in various ways for weeks now.

I didn't have the heart to say it, but in a clear buyer's market, I suspect that the buyers just found somewhere that was better value for money.

This, and similar situations, will not be uncommon. Dominoes are falling... slowly. Keep the faith brethren