House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buylowsellhigh

Sellling My Btl's

I arrived back in the UK 2 weeks ago for the first time in nearly 4 years. To me, the global economy is starting to look like an accident waiting to happen, so I thought it might be an idea to come back and take a look around the UK to see if there are any clues that might give me an better idea of the reality. Having done that I decided yesterday, more or less, that it would be prudent to sell my Scottish BTL's sooner rather than later ...so I am now preparing to do just that. I was looking through my saved articles in the hope of finding an interesting link to include with my post, when I received this email from the guy's at Whiskey & Gunpowder;

"It seems that the FED has finally awakened to the fact that Japan and China are (via purchase of US treasuries) holding US long term interest rates lower than they would otherwise be ".

"The carry trade (borrowing YEN at zero% interest rates and buying US treasuries now yielding close to 5%) has helped hold down US interest rates as well as provide cheap capital to finance our trade deficit". http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/SurvivalReport.html

This edition of the newsletter is available free on the website.

---

Can I buy one off you? I'll give you what you paid for it plus yearly official inflation! :D

Edited by Jason

You are right - the biggest threat to the global economy must be that the US is kept afloat by China lending it money, which it then uses to buy imports from China, the money of which is then used to buy US debt, which can then be spent on more Chinese goods and so on. Sounds too good to be true...

Can I buy one off you? I'll give you what you paid for it plus yearly official inflation! :D

That's very entreprenurial of you, thanks. You obviously don't mean government/BOE official, you're talking about real money, right ? When I bought the BTL's a pint of 80/- in my local was GBP1.05p (1997), yesterday they wanted GBP2.40 ....so thats 128% you owe me.

Midnight Express will do nicely.

---