House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth

Can You Smell The Coffee Too?

Well as you all know, (from my first 2 posts) I used to be a bear. But since I bought a house in 1999 for 20 quid and now my next door neighbour is offering me squillions, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE ALL YOU FIRST TIME BUYERS ARE SO SELFISH. Thats right. I'm shouting :angry:

You want to buy a house for less than 10 times your take home pay, but what makes you think you have the right? I am on the brink of being RICH. I got lucky. That is my right. You on the other hand are quite rightly poor since you didn't buy at the right time. Now think about someone else for a change -

If you had your way I would only make 20 grand on the original asking price. For 8 years of hard work. Thats right. I slaved to pay off that morgage, then I MEWed, and I spent it, and I MEWed again. I've worked hard for that house. Actually I am not of the brink of being rich at all. More like trying to avoid the insolvency courts :o

Have you noticed this sort of posting because I reckon its getting tedious. And what I further notice is that the first time posters used to say. "Hi this is my first post" and then say something that was a bit wobbly but made good sense. Occassionally the person wasn't wobbly, but still made sense and added to the discussion. Now they don't even have the manners to introduce themselves before launching into a tirade against lower house prices.

They are all deluded of course, since the global economy is what they need to fight, not a talk-fest web-board, but it drags down the quality and the humour of the discussion.

It takes all sorts to make up the world. These posters are either:-

1. People who have no manners and just want to cause aggravation, we have all met them in life and usually are able to ignore them, its a bit more difficult on forums because of the free speech issue giving the obnoxious airtime.

2 VI's, because lets face it hpc forum isn't nice to EA's, effectively its full of people trying to talk their jobs out of the window. I can understand a number of bored EA's trying to stir things up.

3. Deranged.

Unfortunately they do not want to debate but just rant and be abusive. Just dont rise to the bait and mentally stick your fingers up at them. The two best ways to annoy someone like this is to either agree with their view in a sarcastic manner or just ignore them, either way - you win. Bite and you have lost.

Elizabeth,

You are right.

HPC seems to be experiencing "an invasion of the tiresome."

OR, perhaps we both need a rest from the forum.

I already have a new idea for a forum in the works...

but would it be troll-proof? no man has yet devised such a thing! :huh:

I was thinking about the bull/troll posters here recently, and I've come to similarly uncomplimentary conclusions as By-Tor. I hang out on a number of forums, and you get trolls everywhere. However, they do generally have some sort of vested interest in the forum topic, and change the record occasionally.

Why are HPCs naysayers still here? If we're truly a load of misguided irrelevant idiots, why waste any time on us at all? Since most of them are deliberately aiming to annoy, I'm assuming it's not due to some altruistic desire to save us all from a lifetime of rent slavery.

I'm left with only 2 logical possibilities:

Troublemakers with FAR too much time on their hands

Property VIs who are very frightened, or at least worried enough to keep stirring things up here

Guest Bart of Darkness
Why are HPCs naysayers still here? If we're truly a load of misguided irrelevant idiots, why waste any time on us at all?

It's quite interesting to observe just how long some of these people spend continously on the boards. One logs on in the early evening, spends most of the night here, watching the boards until someone replys to a thread he has contributed to. He's obviously watching keenly, not having just left a browser window open, since as soon as someone responds, there he is making a post. As Mr Spock would say, "fascinating".

This person either has a whole McCain's 2lb bag of frozen chips on their shoulder or receives some sort of monetary payment for what they do.

Why are HPCs naysayers still here? If we're truly a load of misguided irrelevant idiots, why waste any time on us at all? Since most of them are deliberately aiming to annoy, I'm assuming it's not due to some altruistic desire to save us all from a lifetime of rent slavery.

and there's the rub.

precisely why I (and any sensible intelligent poster/browser) will view their continued efforts as nothing but re-assuring

but it's not us they're targeting. Tis the lurker, the first time browser, the casual undecided. Which is why we must send out our young, new, unproven, most provincial, and most proletarian out into the trenches in order to fight them.

Meanwhile, 20 miles behind the front line, Fancypants opens another bottle of port and waxes his moustache.

I take it your refering to Dubai Exile's thread... Well, I haven't read it. Actually, I did read the first post and a few replies but there are so many obvious counter arguments against it I just don't bother. I'm sure someone pointed them out.

It amazes me how replies it gets...

Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died.

Another port Darling? General Hague is ordering a siege of General Property Gurus bedsit.

It's quite interesting to observe just how long some of these people spend continously on the boards. One logs on in the early evening, spends most of the night here, watching the boards until someone replys to a thread he has contributed to. He's obviously watching keenly, not having just left a browser window open, since as soon as someone responds, there he is making a post. As Mr Spock would say, "fascinating".

This person either has a whole McCain's 2lb bag of frozen chips on their shoulder or receives some sort of monetary payment for what they do.

Yo bart, good to see marine boy back ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

This reply from nodumbsunreader was posted on another thread but I think it is revelant to this one.

Do you really think this site or any other bearish sentiment will be allowed to cause a HPC? If anyone watched the documentary about the last days of Harold Wilson's government (BBC2 yesterday) you would realise that there are forces at work in this country that will prevent anything happening that harms their vested interests. Work out who really runs the country and who has the power and think on it

In the end the dark forces were outed and then turned on those responsible for their demise, they fell by the wayside and into oblivion, and many of the populace still believe they were honourable people and their accusations against the those who challenged them was the truth. The days of the Colonel Blimps are well and truly over replaced now by another sinister force.

Hmmm. What a strange clique of people who have posted on this thread.

If you were referring to my earlier thread, which I note was by far the most viewed of the day, I can assure you I didn’t come on here to “troll”.

I do not have any VI’s . I ( as long as it doesn’t happen in the next two weeks) would love there to be another HPC; allowing me to invest again in a couple of years and make a load more cash than I would make with the steady growth I currently foresee.

I found the website by chance and was impressed by the forums. I came on here to test my opinion and take some informed views from some obviously well informed people.

Generally over the course of the day I learned a lot, and I will certainly ponder over my future strategy and current expectations.

Of course most of the discussion today was with members disagreeing with my views, but that’s fine and as I said I learnt a lot. Generally the comments from other members were informative and interesting. I even enjoyed the banter and chuckled at some of the flaming. I much appreciated Catch-22’s excellent put down as excellent banter. (Although he did look a bit of a twit later by repeating it to impress Lady Elizabeth I presume and to get a collective pat on the back from this little clique).

In fact I note that many of you on this thread hypocritically posted on my earlier thread, yet after Elizabeth had posted above you were suddenly all for removing the thread and banning posters with alternative views to your own. In fact even Lady Eliszabeth can be found posting there.

I suppose you all imagine Elizabeth to be fit, as you certainly can’t be impressed by her petty attacks on my grammar and spelling.

And Peter Crouch is hopeless…Bill Shankly must be turning in his grave to see him pull on a Liverpool (and England!!!) shirt.

The fact that Peter Crouch deserves his place in the England squad concerns me greatly with regard to our prospects in the forthcoming WC...

I wonder if you were saying that when he came on and score within 4 minutes in his last appearance for England.

He Hath Arisen! :ph34r:

I wonder if you were saying that when he came on and score within 4 minutes in his last appearance for England.

No, but i did after that missed header, unchallenged from 3 yards, against Arsenal last week!

I'm not a troll he says... :lol:

You couldn't be better at it if you tried!

Leave Lizzie alone. Whether she's fit or not, is of no concern to us. All that matters, is that she's genuine and a decent person to boot. Which is a lot more than could be said for you judging from your comments to date.

I do hope she's fit though, as that would kinda of brighten the place up and make up for mingers such as TTRTR.

Whilst you may disagree with my opinions, I do not believe my posts have caused any offence (as would the use of the word ****)

Fancypants opens another bottle of port and waxes his moustache.

posts and posts and posts ago - but hilarious .. :ph34r:

:lol:

Well as you all know, (from my first 2 posts) I used to be a bear. But since I bought a house in 1999 for 20 quid and now my next door neighbour is offering me squillions, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE ALL YOU FIRST TIME BUYERS ARE SO SELFISH. Thats right. I'm shouting :angry:

You want to buy a house for less than 10 times your take home pay, but what makes you think you have the right? I am on the brink of being RICH. I got lucky. That is my right. You on the other hand are quite rightly poor since you didn't buy at the right time. Now think about someone else for a change -

If you had your way I would only make 20 grand on the original asking price. For 8 years of hard work. Thats right. I slaved to pay off that morgage, then I MEWed, and I spent it, and I MEWed again. I've worked hard for that house. Actually I am not of the brink of being rich at all. More like trying to avoid the insolvency courts :o

Have you noticed this sort of posting because I reckon its getting tedious. And what I further notice is that the first time posters used to say. "Hi this is my first post" and then say something that was a bit wobbly but made good sense. Occassionally the person wasn't wobbly, but still made sense and added to the discussion. Now they don't even have the manners to introduce themselves before launching into a tirade against lower house prices.

They are all deluded of course, since the global economy is what they need to fight, not a talk-fest web-board, but it drags down the quality and the humour of the discussion.

Yeah! The born again bulls.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...opic=26216&st=0

Of course most of the discussion today was with members disagreeing with my views, but that’s fine and as I said I learnt a lot. Generally the comments from other members were informative and interesting. I even enjoyed the banter and chuckled at some of the flaming. I much appreciated Catch-22’s excellent put down as excellent banter. (Although he did look a bit of a twit later by repeating it to impress Lady Elizabeth I presume and to get a collective pat on the back from this little clique).

In fact I note that many of you on this thread hypocritically posted on my earlier thread, yet after Elizabeth had posted above you were suddenly all for removing the thread and banning posters with alternative views to your own. In fact even Lady Eliszabeth can be found posting there.

I suppose you all imagine Elizabeth to be fit, as you certainly can’t be impressed by her petty attacks on my grammar and spelling.

The Lady Elizabeth (note that Chuz :D ) has never been of the school of banning disenting views. However, the Lady Elizabeth takes exception to datum being presented as data. The Lady Elizabeth understands that 1 piece of datum does not make for a healthy analysis and that a data set, broad enough to take in as many of the variables as can be identified, needs to be used to make an effective analysis. In fact the lady Elizabeth noted that the Dubai encouraged dispensing with Data in favour of a single item of Datum. Hence the Lady Elizabeth's attacks were on neither Dubai's grammar nor his spelling but on a fundamental flaw in the methodology he was proposing.

The Lady Elizabeth is above the concept of 'fitness' (and you will never know).

Edited by Elizabeth

The Lady Elizabeth (note that Chuz :D ) has never been of the school of banning disenting views. However, the Lady Elizabeth takes exception to datum being presented as data. The Lady Elizabeth understands that 1 piece of datum does not make for a healthy analysis and that a data set, broad enough to take in as many of the variables as can be identified, needs to be used to make an effective analysis. In fact the lady Elizabeth noted that the Dubai encouraged dispensing with Data in favour of a single item of Datum. Hence the Lady Elizabeth's attacks were on neither Dubai's grammar nor his spelling but on a fundamental flaw in the methodology he was proposing.

Ok, I apologise for accusing you of resorting to attacks on grammar, having re-read your post I see the point you are making.

However is it not also useful on a site such as this for members to post an individual piece of datum to indicate what is actually happening in their specific areas? Is this not more accurate that the data produced by VI groups?

Hello Elizabeth,

I hope you won't shout at me. Unfortunately hard ward isn't all we need in life...

People in the late eighties slave hard to purchase their homes at peak value. They subsequently dropped 50% in price (inflation adjusted).

:unsure:

Hmm lady ey.. ill make a note of that somewhere Ms Liz :)

I'm a relative 'newbie' on here - although my husband has been a member for quite a long time. I hope that I have added to the debate, rather than detracted from it, with my posts.

A few weeks ago when HPC.co.uk was mentioned in the national press a few times, I did mention 'look out for new VI posters' on here...

All that's happened is that a load of new VI's have landed and are determined to downgrade the level of debate. If we all get 'fed up' on here, then they've won.

All I'm saying is what's happened is inevitable I'm afraid - I've only been on here for a relatively short time, and in that time the general tone has been lowered and the debate weakened... but I'm sure the culprits will be long-gone from here before the genuine posters start leaving.

Just remember - everything goes in cycles - I'm sure the level of debate will be resumed shortly.

wifeling-smi

Whoops Apocalypse...where are you now?!

I wish I was prophetic about the House MArket as I am about Crouch!