House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Matador Day

Our financial advisor came round last night to let us know how our investments faired over the last twelve months,what a pleasant suprise...17.9% nett.....dont own a house but hey this is REAL investing so to all you housing bulls out there shove your low yields,i/o mortgages,maintenance and insurance costs,lack of flexibility etc we will stick with our lowly renting status and knock housing investment down the pan.......oh and its paddys day today so a few pints of the black stuff and a little flutter i feel...life is after all sweet :D:D

Yes but it’s bubble – you should sell all your stocks before it crashes – you know the economy is not doing to well- perhaps you could find something to invest in that is not at top prices – have you thought about property- get one while they are cheap

Our financial advisor came round last night to let us know how our investments faired over the last twelve months,what a pleasant suprise...17.9% nett.....dont own a house but hey this is REAL investing so to all you housing bulls out there shove your low yields,i/o mortgages,maintenance and insurance costs,lack of flexibility etc we will stick with our lowly renting status and knock housing investment down the pan.......oh and its paddys day today so a few pints of the black stuff and a little flutter i feel...life is after all sweet :D:D

Nice return but on what investment amount and what sort of risk? Even a conversative 5% in central london prices this year for example could be far more due to BTL'ers leveraging. Your deposit required for buying a place could well be eroding away even with this high return.

Edited by mercsl

Nice return but on what investment amount and what sort of risk? Even a conversative 5% in central london prices this year for example could be far more due to BTL'ers leveraging.

£110000 75% in moderate risk 25% in medium,nothing to make my bum twitch.....