House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBubbleTrouble

First Troll And Bulls On Pricedout

So we have over 1,500 hits from one IP address on our survey skewing it totally and now the usual suspects turning up under different names. Apparently if you earn a low salary it's all your own fault for not getting off your a**e and working harder. Hmmmm.

It turns out it's all our own fault that we can't afford to buy somewhere. Phew what a relief.

Come and see this wisdom for youselves....

http://www.pricedout.org.uk/Forum/tabid/56.../1/Default.aspx

So we have over 1,500 hits from one IP address on our survey skewing it totally and now the usual suspects turning up under different names. Apparently if you earn a low salary it's all your own fault for not getting off your a**e and working harder. Hmmmm.

It turns out it's all our own fault that we can't afford to buy somewhere. Phew what a relief.

Sounds like you're (desperately?) canvassing for new members rather than complaining...

Sounds like you're (desperately?) canvassing for new members rather than complaining...

I'm promoting the site for sure. Surely a good cause is worthing fighting for :)

Why cant he promote his site? :rolleyes:

So, who is Rachman?

It has to be someone familiar to the HPC regulars.

TTRTR?

Zorn?

Any other suggestions?

Shirley got to be TTRTR?

... plus can I add, if you are earning £12K are you really working hard enough in life - you can earn more than that as a schoolkid - you can easily earn £400 a week if you bother to work in a 'monkey' job in a factory if you do overtime - so why woudl you sit there on £240 a week and expect to be able to buy a house ? Plus I like how some areas are not good enough for the pricedoutoscenti - no, you take what you can and you use it, no-one's going to give you a leg up just because - you have to work hard and find opportunity - a top level teacher gets £35K - furry muff, but come on, they are offered shared equity and key worker schemes, yet all I have seen on here is people complaining about not being able to get all the profit out of those and how they don't want to lose money in a down market

http://www.pricedout.org.uk/Forum/tabid/56...ic/Default.aspx

FTBs being in their 30's is not against my point - you imply the reason for that is high house prices - rubbish, it's one of a number of factors - let's start with the huge numbers of people going to university (that should not be) - they spend three years there and then 5 years paying off their bar bill (flippant but you get the point) - instead of getting a job at 18 and buying a place at 21, they are not 30, you have people who travel, who want a new car and live with parents - they want it now and won't sacrifice - high house prices are a bar in some areas to FTBs, but they always were and always will be - but even if you live in Chelsea and want a house, why are you not using your £40K a year to buy a house outside London in a solid yield area (maybe moving into it) or using the rentals in that to pay off the debt and benefiting from the lower rental you have to pay due to market saturation..... - I have to say, ignoring the financial planning before a family, you may want to sit there and appraise whether you want to be staying where you are - I am sure there are great pulls to it, but why is it someone else's fault (as the gist is going) that you can't afford to live there.... I moved to London at 25 and wanted to live in Hampstead - I could not, so I knuckled down and lived somewhere else and made my own opportunities - then if you do well, perhaps you can come back to where you want - who knows, I may be able to buy in Hampstead some decade soon...

Whoever it is has an awful lot of spare time and simply can't write single sentences to make a point.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Whoever it is has an awful lot of spare time and simply can't write single sentences to make a point.

A description which fits any number of LL/Apollo inspired trolls on here too.

Still, I guess it means you're doing something right. :)

Don't mind TTRTR, he doesn't mind blowing his own trumpet on here (oooh er!) but objects to anyone else doing it.

A description which fits any number of LL/Apollo inspired trolls on here too.

Still, I guess it means you're doing something right. :)

Don't mind TTRTR, he doesn't mind blowing his own trumpet on here (oooh er!) but objects to anyone else doing it.

You gotta be sick in the head to blow his trumpet. :unsure:

EDIT: BTW why cant the bulls just stick to one name for all sites? Why bother being TTRTR on here and Rachman on PricedOut? Are they hidding something? :unsure::unsure:

Guest Bart of Darkness
You gotta be sick in the head to blow his trumpet.

I'd do it for a million quid.

But I'll want to see the money first.

I'm not getting caught out like that again! :)

The commonn bull arguments

"you just have to earn more"

This argument is individualistic it fails to understand the wider picture, ie for every one person that manages to earn more then 9 dont.If everyone earned more the houses would just rise in value to compensate and we would be back to "you just gotta earn more"Bull's have a hard job just figuring this one out, the reality of society is most people just wont earn more, thats what average wage prices are all about.

"was harder in our day"

then how come the average age to buy now is 10 years older than your day?, and twice the 3.5 times you bought at.If it was harder in your day then surely these figures would be the complete opposite.

"work harder"

People do work harder now since 1990 the average hours work has increased (ons stats), the only reason you think people aint working harder is becuase your personal expeirience says your able to retire on a index linked pension.So what you realy mean its getting easier for you, but thats not the case for a ftb, perhaps its you that needs to work longer and harder.

"people now just want to have the dream house right away"

Exactly how would a ftb do this, 97% of ftb cant even buy the cheapest house, sure we dream of the perfect house but thats just dreams, that 97% that cant buy would be glad of the crappiest house if they could afford it.

"house prices always go up"

So does everything over time sure, including wages and inflation, it brings the argument right back to a 3.5% multiple.we are at 6x now so we are in a bubble, that shouldnt be compared to the norm.

"there aint enough houses"

There seems to be enough to rent for everyone to live in one, hence enough for everyone.

"you just all intrested in wasting money on ipods and lager"

ipods are cheaper than a sony walkman was, and lager has never been cheaper.You surely expect young people to have no life or fun at all, life is for living your only young once, its not about sitting in a house scrimping and saving with no fun.I bet you had a nice time when you were young, then again maybe you didint with an attitude like that.

"as long as there is good employment house prices wont drop"

The fully employed cant afford the houses, being fully employed now doesint cut the mustard in the housing stakes anymore, prices have moved away from being linked to wages.People on the dole probably had a better chance of buying a house at greater multiples 20 years ago than the employed do now.

"immigrants will take up any slack and keep housing expensive"

immigrants tend not to be consumers, they save and take the money with them.not exactly good for jobs in the long run is it.what your talking about is a consumer society void of consumers.

In other words you cant get blood outta a stone.

TTRTR has actually been considerate of late.

I've enjoyed a few of his posts, and he's indulged in decent conversation on broader issues that state deeper economic national and global woes, that can effect the market.

Or am I dreaming?

TTRTR has actually been considerate of late.

I've enjoyed a few of his posts, and he's indulged in decent conversation on broader issues that state deeper economic national and global woes, that can effect the market.

Or am I dreaming?

Time for your medication MM. :lol:

So, who is Rachman?

It has to be someone familiar to the HPC regulars.

TTRTR?

Zorn?

Any other suggestions?

Can't suggest a culprit but definitely not TTRTR. The first arguement I ever had with TTRTR, and he argued with some passion, was shared equity. His analogy was sharing underpants. Rachman is a shared equity promoter.

Also TTRTR comes across as an evangalist for everybody can get rich if they want to school of thought:

"I was directed here from somewhere else and am staggered at a) the naivety, B) the delusional expectations, c) the greed and d) the utter stupidity and lack of understanding of either micro- or macroeconomics amongst some of you."

TTRTR would NEVER be staggered by greed. :lol:

BTW: I didn't buy the underpant sharing argument but I do know how to use Excel, so I've come around on the maths. Shared equity is dodgy as...

In my opinion, the more websites that exist on the subject on the houseing market (and that share a similar view to this one) the more good it does to the cause.

Are there any Australian, US, Newzeland etc... HPC websites?

I think forming a volentry ring of sites (The house price ring) pointing to other sites in the ring would be a great idea. :)

CAS

Do you really think this site or any other bearish sentiment will be allowed to cause a HPC? If anyone watched the documentary about the last days of Harold Wilson's government (BBC2 yesterday) you would realise that there are forces at work in this country that will prevent anything happening that harms their vested interests. Work out who really runs the country and who has the power and think on it.

Do you really think this site or any other bearish sentiment will be allowed to cause a HPC? If anyone watched the documentary about the last days of Harold Wilson's government (BBC2 yesterday) you would realise that there are forces at work in this country that will prevent anything happening that harms their vested interests. Work out who really runs the country and who has the power and think on it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh God!!! I'm off down the pub!

I think you could do with a drink as well - but make sure you're not followed :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the more websites that exist on the subject on the houseing market (and that share a similar view to this one) the more good it does to the cause.

Are there any Australian, US, Newzeland etc... HPC websites?

I think forming a volentry ring of sites (The house price ring) pointing to other sites in the ring would be a great idea. :)

CAS

Hmm, I like your ring piece! :huh:

I think its the other way around. There are forces at work to continue the cycle of boom and bust. There was a great thread on here somewhere about the banking systems and the benefit of boom and bust to money men. They do want one. The challenge is to prevent a housepricecrash by having a steady reasonable unspeculative market.

Site like this and other that are set up only catch a tiny % of members of the public.... and save a few from a life time of misery. The powers that be can not waste time on a site that is only view by a minority of the public.

I think this site is about the analysis of the market and giving advice but not about bringing on a crash.

We are the lucky ones, our number is so few that it wont make a difference to the overall system that we avoid being noosed in to debt.

Hmm, I like your ring piece! :huh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Why cant he promote his site? :rolleyes:

Because it is in the forum rules, that`s why. Has he parted with any advertising money to Greg for this flagrant abuse? I have never witnessed anyone plugging their business so much in every single post. Personally I`d have no problem with it if he parted with, for example £250 a month, about the going rate I seem to recall ;)

Because it is in the forum rules, that`s why. Has he parted with any advertising money to Greg for this flagrant abuse? I have never witnessed anyone plugging their business so much in every single post. Personaly I`d have no probelm with it if he parted with, for example £250 a month, about the going rate I seem to recall ;)

I take offence at this post.

I've donated money to HPC in the past out of my own pocket.

The site in question is not for profit, there are no ad's, nothing to buy from it. It is not a business. I've also committed to converting it to a registered non-profit organisation if it takes off.

I contacted Greg prior to launching to let him know what I was up to.

I've stated many times we don't want to canibalise HPC traffic, we're trying to do something different from what HPC does and can do.