House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAL BEAR

'emmerdale' Wednesday Night Estate Agent Says

Someone trying to sell their home on Emmedale yesterday.

Him: I want to sell this quick.

EA: Its a very SLOW market at the moment.

I'd suggest you accept the lower end of the price range I suggested.

Him: YES, Anything you say, your the expert !!!

Just thought it was worth a mention !!

Edited by GAL BEAR

But their newspaper said prices are rising only last week, posted on forum.

Is this a case of media reflecting life or is it life reflecting media?

Or - is it media within media reflecting life in life. Or........

Believe me I could go on. :D:D:D

Edited by music man

But their newspaper said prices are rising only last week, posted on forum.

Is this a case of media reflecting life or is it life reflecting media?

Or - is it media within media reflecting life in life. Or........

Believe me I could go on. :D:D:D

Yes, I noticed that Newspaper with the great big headline "HOUSE PRICES RISING" what are they

trying to say here, very confusing !!!! :(

Yes, I noticed that Newspaper with the great big headline "HOUSE PRICES RISING" what are they

trying to say here, very confusing !!!! :(

I've not seen Emerdale farm since it was on at lunchtimes in the school hols and it animals in it!

But, well it's obvious that the scriptwriter is an avid HPC supporter/contributor.

This is the only sure way the general pleblic will take notice and absorb what's going on in the real world by identifying it with their tv world.

It sounds like a perfect example of showing the media grabbing headlines for what they are, against actual price, grim reality to me.

I've not seen Emerdale farm since it was on at lunchtimes in the school hols and it animals in it!

But, well it's obvious that the scriptwriter is an avid HPC supporter/contributor.

This is the only sure way the general pleblic will take notice and absorb what's going on in the real world by identifying it with their tv world.

It sounds like a perfect example of showing the media grabbing headlines for what they are, against actual price, grim reality to me.

Yes, the Newspaper was being held up in the Pub and the camera homed in on it (for no apparent reason really) it screamed HOUSE PRICES RISING or something like that. Took me a bit back actually, I know that we are all obsessed with house prices but was not sure at first what they were tring to say here.

Then a few scenes later a character being told to drop the price of his house and 'It's a slow market'.

Perhaps the scriptwriters on Emmerdale are all FTB's priced out of Market.

Interesting story line coming up in next few months as the local business man has brought up a load of land

and is planning to build hundreds of homes, much to the disgust of the NYMBY emmerdale villagers.

He claimed he was 'trying to help FTB's' a few months ago when the issue around him buying the land first caused trouble, but of course the average price of these homes is likely to be be well over 150 grand

(I presume - don't know area very well) so that is unlikely.

Its notable that ALL the young people in the village rent !

Yes, the Newspaper was being held up in the Pub and the camera homed in on it (for no apparent reason really) it screamed HOUSE PRICES RISING or something like that. Took me a bit back actually, I know that we are all obsessed with house prices but was not sure at first what they were tring to say here.

Then a few scenes later a character being told to drop the price of his house and 'It's a slow market'.

Perhaps the scriptwriters on Emmerdale are all FTB's priced out of Market.

Interesting story line coming up in next few months as the local business man has brought up a load of land

and is planning to build hundreds of homes, much to the disgust of the NYMBY emmerdale villagers.

He claimed he was 'trying to help FTB's' a few months ago when the issue around him buying the land first caused trouble, but of course the average price of these homes is likely to be be well over 150 grand

(I presume - don't know area very well) so that is unlikely.

Its notable that ALL the young people in the village rent !

Excellent news let's hope there's a controversial housing storyline to come!

All we need now is a pub regular at the bar gazing into his laptop saying " Ere Amos have you seen this ere HPC goings on, people reckon there's gonna be a house price CRAAAAASH"

"Well, I'll go to toppa tha field"

Edited by BubblesBurst

Excellent news let's hope there's a controversial housing storyline to come!

All we need now is a pub regular at the bar gazing into his laptop saying " Ere Amos have you seen this ere HPC goings on, people reckon there's gonna be a house price CRAAAAASH"

"Well, I'll go to toppa tha field"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, we can dream can't we !!!

:lol: ive got emerdale on in the background whilst im on the net, there was just some woman in a police station being talked to because of 'undeclared income' defrauding the govenment is a serious crime and can carry a custodial sentence, then went onto say that she recieves 250 quid a month in rent.

So basically what it seems like to me is that emmerdale is trying to comminicate to the masses that these things are illegal or bad.

To hell with BBC news , to hell with school, emmerdale is the future!

Emmerdale and big brother communicates to the public better than the government, wouldnt suprise me if bliar knows that too.

EDITED:

Maybe a slight correction - i dont think it was a police station as the person needs to speak to thier manager. damned if i know, the message was clear though

Edited by theChuz

I'm getting subliminal paranoia!!!!

I'm seeing fecking messages all over the place!!!!!

the "revelation" word excessively used in news bulletins,they've also started using the "A" word!!!!!

lots more religeous history programmes on telly(da vinci code stuff)

the new BBC charter....promoting good citizenship(like orwell's 1984 did),oh and v for vendetta is out...coincidental timing???

the increasing interest in self-sufficiency,grow-your-own veggie programmes.

what about the ordinry boys single(madness all over again),or el presidente(duran duran stylee??)....are the powers that be trying to get us back in time to the 80's??

with any luck I'll just be certified and have a nice comfy padded cell to myself,with a couple of crayons to scribble on the walls with,or maybe eat if I'm hungry.

If I'm really unlucky then it's true and it's about to kick off!

Edited by oracle