House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
befuddled

Contrarian Approach

Apologies if this is old ground, I've only been browsing these forums recently.

It is pretty clear that the London market has picked up significantly over the last 6 months and certainly away from the oversupplied 2-bed flat market, property has been selling at aggresive levels once more. I'm entirely viewing this move with hope as, in my opinion, any rise at this stage merely acts to expediate what has been so overly predicted by way of a correction. To that end, I'm thinking that maybe the way to break the bulls is to actively encourage prices to rise as far as possible as fast as possible.

Something of a non-sequitar I know, but if there is someway of getting house prices to rise even more aggresively there is surely no way that the BoE can do anything other than raise rates which will even more quickly deflate/burst the rapidly growing bubble.

Maybe everyone out there who wants to see prices fall and burn the fingers and wallets of the BTL brigade should go out there and sign on with every estate agent they can find, maybe even putting a load of offers and actively encouraging everyone that they don't like to go and buy regardless of their financial situation. Then after a nominal period of time, exit stage left and declare your lack of interest at current levels. Given that you can never precisely pick the top of a market, why not attempt to manufacture that peak. Time for some affirmative action?