House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

Beginning To Think Your Generation Is Done For

You baby boomers are walking headlong into financial disaster. So many of you are relying on your house as your retirement plan. The problem is there is no-one to buy it from you at the ridiculous price you expect. That will be compounded by the fact that you will all retire within a few years of one another, hence the market will be flooded with nice properties as you all try to cash your chip (if there is anything left after all of the MEWing).

Also, so many of you have got these fancy final salary pension schemes. Unfortunately it is impossible for the liabilites of these schemes to be met. You will have to take a smaller pension if you get one at all. Combine this with the impact of the inevitable global levelling, and it ain't looking too rosy for those too old and frail to look after themselves.

The demographics (smaller generation below you) mean that you will be putting huge pressure on the available resources for healthcare. Your standard of care will inevitably suffer. You will probably be forced to sell your home, or use the proceeds already garnered to pay for care. You will be kept alive by a cocktail of statins and heart disease reversing drugs just long enough to bleed every penny from your bank acount.

Why are you just taking this lying down? Why aren't you actively campaigning to sort the country out now so that you can retire happily? If house prices were driven down the generations below could afford to have families which would help the demographics. The reduced overheads for housing could ease wage pressure and improve our global competiveness.

And you could die after a long and happy retirement safe in the knowledge that your children don't hate you.

But no, it seems all you want to do is feed the big credit machine, whilst swanning off on a world cruise. Why sacrifice what you have left of your lives for 2 weeks of misery on a floating geriatric ward and a new car?

Why do you want it all now, now, now?

I despair for you. :(

I watrched Sugars Apprentice last night and have to say thaty if that's the cream of the modern generation it's no wonder that it's so easy for the older generation to take financial advantage of them!

The girl who was fired last night actually appeared on TV this a.m. and announced that she has gone back to work as a 'management consultant' - for crying out loud!! Some company is paying a fortune for her business advice - you couldn't make it up!

Edited by ILikeBigBoobs

You baby boomers are walking headlong into financial disaster. So many of you are relying on your house as your retirement plan. The problem is there is no-one to buy it from you at the ridiculous price you expect. That will be compounded by the fact that you will all retire within a few years of one another, hence the market will be flooded with nice properties as you all try to cash your chip (if there is anything left after all of the MEWing).

Also, so many of you have got these fancy final salary pension schemes. Unfortunately it is impossible for the liabilites of these schemes to be met. You will have to take a smaller pension if you get one at all. Combine this with the impact of the inevitable global levelling, and it ain't looking too rosy for those too old and frail to look after themselves.

The demographics (smaller generation below you) mean that you will be putting huge pressure on the available resources for healthcare. Your standard of care will inevitably suffer. You will probably be forced to sell your home, or use the proceeds already garnered to pay for care. You will be kept alive by a cocktail of statins and heart disease reversing drugs just long enough to bleed every penny from your bank acount.

Why are you just taking this lying down? Why aren't you actively campaigning to sort the country out now so that you can retire happily? If house prices were driven down the generations below could afford to have families which would help the demographics. The reduced overheads for housing could ease wage pressure and improve our global competiveness.

And you could die after a long and happy retirement safe in the knowledge that your children don't hate you.

But no, it seems all you want to do is feed the big credit machine, whilst swanning off on a world cruise. Why sacrifice what you have left of your lives for 2 weeks of misery on a floating geriatric ward and a new car?

Yes Marina - get that batman costume out of your wardrobe!!

I watrched Sugars Apprentice last night and have to say thaty if that's the cream of the modern generation it's no wonder they're fooked!

The girl who was fired last night actually appeared on TV this a.m. and announced that she has gone back to work as a 'management consultant' - for crying out loud!! Some company is paying a fortune for her business advice - you couldn't make it up!

Come off it. The "cream" are already busy making a lot more than £100k, and don't have to suffer a tyrant like Sir Alan. The contestants are a bunch of mobile phone salesmen and makeup counter girls.

Although I was shocked at the girl who got the boot (economics degree from cambridge, management consultant) not being able to subtract 9 from 20. Just goes to show that the right school can coach an average intellect through anything.

You baby boomers are walking headlong into financial disaster. And you could die after a long and happy retirement safe in the knowledge that your children don't hate you.

Why do you want it all now, now, now?I despair for you. :(

Because the generation below us and the generation below them control the media, are heads of financial intitutions, estate agents, lenders, and retailers. Preying on our vulnerability as we enter the final years to senility they shouted, spend the equity in your home, buy that new car you deserve it, and take that World Cruise of a lifetime. Don`t leave it to your money grabbing children and Gordon Brown. Your generation made us into what we are just to get your bonuses. :(

Why sacrifice what you have left of your lives for 2 weeks of misery on a floating geriatric ward and a new car?

What a brilliant idea. Medical cruise liners could be a booming market in the next few decades: pick people up in Britain, sail out into the Atlantic for a few days of medical treatment at lower prices than the UK due to not having to worry about artificial restrictions on doctors, and then bring them back and drop them off again.

What a brilliant idea. Medical cruise liners could be a booming market in the next few decades: pick people up in Britain, sail out into the Atlantic for a few days of medical treatment at lower prices than the UK due to not having to worry about artificial restrictions on doctors, and then bring them back and drop them off again.

The government would probably slap an import tax on stitches and titanium hips though... :lol:

Fair enough. Simple fact is most baby boomers haven't got a clue what you are on about. You need to make them aware of it.

Yes Marina - get that batman costume out of your wardrobe!!

Nah, if I told my friends that their house needs to be worth what it was 5 years ago to help out the generation behind us - I'd get a good kicking.

It's down to you guys I am afraid. Afraid you're not going to do a thing.

Fair enough. Simple fact is most baby boomers haven't got a clue what you are on about. You need to make them aware of it.

Nah, if I told my friends that their house needs to be worth what it was 5 years ago to help out the generation behind us - I'd get a good kicking.

It's down to you guys I am afraid. Afraid you're not going to do a thing.

It seems to me the imminent crinkleys are just as dumb as today's bright, young things. Do you really think we "youngsters" are gonna give a crap about those new sprogs being popped right now when we're thinking about knocking on heavens door ? Like always you'll care about your own and that's all.

It seems to me the imminent crinkleys are just as dumb as today's bright, young things. Do you really think we "youngsters" are gonna give a crap about those new sprogs being popped right now when we're thinking about knocking on heavens door ? Like always you'll care about your own and that's all.

We no longer need young people, they cost a fortune to raise, educate and they hang around street corners in hoodies. It's easier to just import fully formed 20 year olds from Poland that have been educated at the expense of some other government.

We no longer need young people, they cost a fortune to raise, educate and they hang around street corners in hoodies. It's easier to just import fully formed 20 year olds from Poland that have been educated at the expense of some other government.

It's called importing voters. Most immigrants vote Labour.

No problems with that - as long as they are lookers :)

It's called importing voters. Most immigrants vote Labour.

If you had ever talked to any immigrants (instead of abusing them from behind your BNP pack identity) you would know that the business types (that aren't high profile) generally vote Tory and the poor working types generally vote Labour. This is broken down to some extent with the advent of the Lib Dems looking more like the only genuinely liberal alternative every day. Wow. Just like the rest of the British population. And then as they get richer the poor ones tend to vote Tory with greater frequency. Wow. Just like the rest of the British population.

You're the sort of person that would stand with your back to the wall in a gay pub :blink: .

No problems with that - as long as they are lookers :)

Yup, except they soon wake up and realise they're paying out half of their earnings to live in terrible conditions simply to fund some muppets pension. When other countries open their borders I doubt the UK will seem that attractive, Germany is merely a commute, Spain has nicer weather and are starting to open their borders as we speak.

Edited by BuyingBear

Yup, except they soon wake up and realise they're paying out half of their earnings to live in terrible conditions simply to fund some muppets pension. When other countries open their borders I doubt the UK will seem that attractive, Germany is merely a commute, Spain has nicer weather and are starting to open their borders as we speak.

And who'd blame them. I think boomers are in for a real shock. When there are more people dependent on those producing / providing someone is going to suffer. And you can bet it will be those that provide.

When the boomers reach retirement and start to use the cash they have tied up in property or in pensions, it going to be chasing fewer goods / services because there are less providers. Prices will inflate and thier money will buy less.

You could argue that the boomers can purchase from elsewhere, but what are we going to give foreign countries in return. The oil will be long gone. That just leaves bits of paper with the Queen's face on it. No doubt they'll be knocking the door down to get hold of those.

When the boomers reach retirement and start to use the cash they have tied up in property or in pensions, it going to be chasing fewer goods / services because there are less providers. Prices will inflate and thier money will buy less.

You could argue that the boomers can purchase from elsewhere, but what are we going to give foreign countries in return. The oil will be long gone. That just leaves bits of paper with the Queen's face on it. No doubt they'll be knocking the door down to get hold of those.

Indeed, pensions will always pay out even if that means hyper-inflating in order to do so, the purchasing power will limited as the rigged inflation figures distorts the indexing and real gilt yields. This is already apparent with state pensions of course, this will be the norm with occupational schemes. Ironically they will probably have to introduce a new wealth tax on assets in order to fund pension liabilities, not least to cover the public sector pensions.

The only classical way of really raising output is through higher employment in productive sectors and much greater levels of productivity... I'll leave you to consider whether this applies to the UK.

If you had ever talked to any immigrants (instead of abusing them from behind your BNP pack identity) you would know that the business types (that aren't high profile) generally vote Tory and the poor working types generally vote Labour.

Many Sikhs and Hindus did well during the 80s from business and by 1990 supported the Tories. Several constituencies with a high proportion of Indians including Brentford and Isleworth, Slough, Brent North, Hayes and Harlington, Luton South, and Ealing Acton returned a Conservative MP in the 1992 general election but were predicted to go Labour. Since Blair took over Labour, Indian businessmen rapidly deserted the tired Tories in favour of NuLab. Tory support in these aforementioned constituencies has completely gone down the plughole.

There are some ethnic business types that support the Tories but nothing like the number from the early 1990s.

Many Sikhs and Hindus did well during the 80s from business and by 1990 supported the Tories. Several constituencies with a high proportion of Indians including Brentford and Isleworth, Slough, Brent North, Hayes and Harlington, Luton South, and Ealing Acton returned a Conservative MP in the 1992 general election but were predicted to go Labour. Since Blair took over Labour, Indian businessmen rapidly deserted the tired Tories in favour of NuLab. Tory support in these aforementioned constituencies has completely gone down the plughole.

There are some ethnic business types that support the Tories but nothing like the number from the early 1990s.

Now this is interesting.

But what I would asked is, what is the difference between this kind of pattern of business patronage of the Labour Party over the past 8 years and that in the general business population and more importantly amongst corporate business contributors? My own observation would be, precisely nothing. Business jumped in generally when it looked like Labour would be better than the Tories for making money and getting honours. When it looks like they are a worse proposition on both scores they will jump out. Hence business forms a single population irrespective of ethnicity. You may draw your own conclusions!

Now this is interesting.

Why is it interesting?

But what I would asked is, what is the difference between this kind of pattern of business patronage of the Labour Party over the past 8 years and that in the general business population and more importantly amongst corporate business contributors? My own observation would be, precisely nothing. Business jumped in generally when it looked like Labour would be better than the Tories for making money and getting honours. When it looks like they are a worse proposition on both scores they will jump out. Hence business forms a single population irrespective of ethnicity. You may draw your own conclusions!

Around 1990, many Indian businessmen viewed Labour as the party of dirty old coal miners and militant trade union activists of rust bucket industries. In contrast, the Tories were no longer racist imperial bigots of days gone by, but the party of business, ownership, and progress. Several Indian businessmen who flirted with the Tories during the 1980s and 90s have informed me that the Tories today have nothing at all to offer Indians which is why few Indians vote Tory. Ditto for the Lib-Dems although they are picking up the Islamic vote.

Why is it interesting?

Around 1990, many Indian businessmen viewed Labour as the party of dirty old coal miners and militant trade union activists of rust bucket industries. In contrast, the Tories were no longer racist imperial bigots of days gone by, but the party of business, ownership, and progress. Several Indian businessmen who flirted with the Tories during the 1980s and 90s have informed me that the Tories today have nothing at all to offer Indians which is why few Indians vote Tory. Ditto for the Lib-Dems although they are picking up the Islamic vote.

I think the point is. WhatTF has them being Indian got to do with it?

Edited by algor

I think the point is. WhatTF has them being Indian got to do with it?

:lol::lol::lol:

Why thank you algor. I'm all confused now. So who do I have to vote for to prove I'm white??? This mental logic is SURREAL :o ... Your good Viterbi - very twisted, but I rate superbly honed twistedness (if not racist ideology)

And I got so tied up in who "they" are voting for I forgot my fundamental existential question, do I have to prove that I am anything more or less than human? Do I even have to prove that? (but then what would Satre know, he was French ;) )

The fact is, ethnics view things through different eyes to most native British people. This applies to politics as well.

You seem to view things through different eyes to most British people. Who do I vote for to get you deported?

The fact is, ethnics view things through different eyes to most native British people. This applies to politics as well.

"Ethnics" are you referring to me? Yeah, guess so. Ethnic can be anything from Native American to white russian. I THINK my DNA is native british, but 200 years of tough bush magic take their toll. It is total b*llocks Viterbi. Just like DNA there is more difference WITHIN the populations than BETWEEN them as far as attitudes go so it is a frigging NULL HYPOTHESIS.

Being a 'native british' does not determine whether you are an ahrshole or a saint. It does not determine whether you are a wage earner or an entreprenuer. It does not determine whether you believe in collective ownership of property or individualism. It does not determine whether you value your family, although it might mean that you value an extended family (as 'native british' did until that concept was destroyed in favour of the 'nuclear' family to the convenience of industrialisation). Those are choices. It does not determine whether you are inclined to say hello to your colleagues in the morning or whether you grumble into your coffee until 10.30 (and it does not determine whether that should have been tea rather than coffee). That tends not to be a choice but it is evenly spread tendency across ethnicities.

It does not determine whether you will go bald or not.

It might determine that your mother grandmother or great grandmother may have come from a different geographical location. It might determine that you may have been exposed to spicy food earlier (or pickled fishes or fried bananas, or boiled cabbage). It might mean that your family come from a society more observant in your religion, whatever that religion may be. Maybe as observant of religion as 'native british' generally were until about 30 years ago. It might mean that if you came from a poor country you realise what poverty is and are grateful for the opportunities you are given and work hard to do your best with them. Or it might mean that like a lot of 'native british' you take the p!ss on the welfare system as well. Hell. I couldn't care whether my taxes went to 'native british' abusing the welfare system or 'them' abusing the welfare system. I certainly don't feel any better simply because its a whitefella p!ssing all over me. Gee but their white, they must be a victim! Give me a break.