House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

We Can Owe You

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Yesterday I received an estimated gas bill £60 over the amount of gas used. I submitted the actual reading online and this morning they came and read the meter. Did they think I was out to reverse the overpayment in my favour so I would hold £60 of their money. :D

Similar story - couple of years ago, I received an "updated" direct debit notification from NPower. They wanted an extra £30 or so each month to make up for my over usage.

Their estimated readings were WAY off when I checked them.

They actually had to credit my account with £40.

How many millions of pounds extra are these companies "borrowing" off their customers in this way? Interest free as well I might add!

lol. For the last 2 years we've been constantly in credit with our gas and electricty with powergen - to the tune of £200-300 in credit by year end (we are lazy and we usually just asked for it back around xmas)

A couple of months ago they wrote to say they'd be increasing our monthly DD from £50 to £100. I phoned and complained that I hadn't been in debit for years...but they were adamant it had to go up.

So now they get paid on the last possible day when the bill comes in instead...w@nkers.

lol. For the last 2 years we've been constantly in credit with our gas and electricty with powergen - to the tune of £200-300 in credit by year end (we are lazy and we usually just asked for it back around xmas)

A couple of months ago they wrote to say they'd be increasing our monthly DD from £50 to £100. I phoned and complained that I hadn't been in debit for years...but they were adamant it had to go up.

So now they get paid on the last possible day when the bill comes in instead...w@nkers.

LOL.... :D:D

same thing here so I cancelled the DD and only pay them when it goes from black bill to red bill back to black bill and then to "this bill will be handed to our debt recovery department"...six days later I pay them.

They let me "save" £5 a year paying by DD then want at least £400 a year of my money sat in their bank account for 12 months!!

They can Fck right off!

I wish I could get a couple of hundred quid off every single household in the UK stick it the bak for 12 months and pocket the interest!!!....I'd be richer than Bill Gates in a couple of years!

A lady who worked with me had overpaid her income tax for seven years (slip said BR and she thought it referred to British Rail where her hubby worked - it means of course Basic Rate). Only came out when we were comparing outgoings. When she applied for her refund they would only give her six years back (about £1000 per year). The catch is if you owe the revenue they can claim it back for 25 years.