House Price Crash Forum

New Wave of Market Propaganda

James

HOLA441

I looked at the news over the past couple of days and was dismayed to see more articles with headlines like "House Prices Sky Rocket".

After recent figures showing sharp falls I thought to myself here we go another false start ( I want a crash to come)

But this time these boom articles seem to be different. They all seem based around what house prices have done over the last 5 years and most of them around University towns. I mean, don't we all know that house prices have risen dramatically in recent years?!?!?! Do we need telling again???

Seems to me that this along with the usual articles saying that it will slow down and not crash is merely a load of propaganda to try and stop widespread panic or even acceptance that falls are happening. Funny that the article today is from Wales which according to Rightmove saw the biggest falls.

What do you all think??

HOLA442

Seems to me that as the crash develops momentum we will through a series of stages of denial...

1 Summer lull

2 Healthy slowdown (we are now at this stage in London)

3 Normal correction

4 Recent price falls have temporarily put buyers off

5 Irresponsible media reports are delaying natural market recovery

6 Meltdown...

7 CRASH

8 Finally the "London Property News" reports that "prices have cooled slightly but are now recovering strongly"!

I'm sure I've missed a few.

As to these conflicting news reports, at the moment the prevailing wisdom and vested interests are all against a crash so the press machine will continue to pump out optimistic stories for a while yet.

If prices really are rising in these areas its the last few BTL maniacs blowing their hard earned.

HOLA443
HOLA444

"End in Sight".....these are the stages you missed.....

1 Summer lull

2 Kirsty says, "house prices won't crash!"

3 Healthy slowdown (we are now at this stage in London)

4 Kirsty says, "house prices won't crash!"

5 Normal correction

6 Kirsty says, "house prices won't crash!"

7 Recent price falls have temporarily put buyers off

8 Kirsty says, "house prices won't crash!"

9 Irresponsible media reports are delaying natural market recovery

10 Kirsty says, "House prices WILL NOT CRASH!!!!!!"

11 Meltdown...

12 Kirsty says, "Nope....not gonna crash....they're not...I'm SURE!!!!!!"

13 CRASH

14 Finally the "London Property News" reports that "prices have cooled slightly but are now recovering strongly"!

:P

HOLA445

James - see my post 'Wales' in the forum on local house prices re that article you mention.

I laughed myself silly when I read it as it just does not make sense.

Demi Moore is currently filming in Wales and said she plans to take some time off on the Gower - I am waiting for the first 'Demi buys house in Swansea causing prices to rise' article and some local shark claiming to be looking for a house for her.