House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Train Conversation

Just heard the most insane conversation between two numpties on the train, talking about the 'partnership team' what partnership is all about, agreeing the team is too big and trying to decide what that strategy of the role of the partnership team was all about. Sounded nuts, a couple of other people on the train looked confused, and these two people were getting very excited talking about nothing....

In synopsis :

'Partnership is currently all about getting funding for strategies, because the team was formed by people who used to get funding. Noone knows really what partnership is all about and what it should be. and the team is trying to decide what its role is, and agree it is too big'

Found this on the internet :

http://www.herefordshirepartnership.co.uk/

The Herefordshire Partnership is the coming together of Herefordshire organisations to focus their efforts on those things that are important to people who live, work and visit the county and, more importantly, do something about it.

How much do these people get paid? and what are they being paid for? It sounded like a non job....

I've also had the misfortune to encounter some of these muppets at close range. As you rightly observe they have their own peculiar language, seemingly derived from 1984, in which neither party actually says anything remotely comprehensible. Cue lots of buzzwords like "outcomes", "indicators", "reviews" and of course the ever popular "targets".

I'm afraid I've no idea what function they serve in the county but I suspect a large chunk of government money is involved in financing same.

You forgot "stakeholder"

At last our little government project is seeing 14 redundancies (1/2 the team) as we were outsourced and this is now Axe time.

The pendulum will swing, and there will be a pit under it. Never fear.

Guest struthitsruth

Best take on this I've read is a book called "Who Moved My Blackberry" - hilarious !

You forgot "stakeholder"

At last our little government project is seeing 14 redundancies (1/2 the team) as we were outsourced and this is now Axe time.

The pendulum will swing, and there will be a pit under it. Never fear.

The name itself "partnership". This new education bill it's all they ever say.

They don’t talk about math’s, science, English, geography, budgets, teachers, facilities, playing fields, bullying.

They say partnership.

I'd like to partner my fist and their smug faces.

Just heard the most insane conversation between two numpties on the train, talking about the 'partnership team' what partnership is all about, agreeing the team is too big and trying to decide what that strategy of the role of the partnership team was all about. Sounded nuts, a couple of other people on the train looked confused, and these two people were getting very excited talking about nothing....

In synopsis :

'Partnership is currently all about getting funding for strategies, because the team was formed by people who used to get funding. Noone knows really what partnership is all about and what it should be. and the team is trying to decide what its role is, and agree it is too big'

How much do these people get paid? and what are they being paid for? It sounded like a non job....

losts of non - information on that website too!

OMFG never realised it was that bad.

Well we know what their spend their time doing , come up with new acronyms, (HIT) (LEADER+) and (ARCH). On second thoughts they probably outsource that responsibilty to a 'local' advertising agency.

They are part funded by the EU, probably as a kick back for us supporting French farmers. Might as well just send the money straight to the French farmers.

Had the misfortune to get stuck to a couple of public sector drones on a Eurostar recently - stuck for two hours while they "added value," "found synergies", and "implemented pump-priming solutions" (!?!)

The worst thing was the lack of self-awareness. :angry:

You forgot "stakeholder"

Yes, can't believe I forgot that one. Also two pet peeves of mine "diversity" and "equalities".

Is it one of these SRB which gives out MFOR?

I love the discussions about "Parental choice" - that parents have the right to pick what school their kids go to.

What's wrong with aiming to bring all schools to the same high standards?

SRB is single regeneration board I think

MFOR is money for old rope.

From what I can tell SRBs are now responsible for giving grants out.

SRB is Single Regeneration Budget which is I believe a source of funding for deprived areas. No idea what the other one is.

Just seen SarahBell's post. We have received some funding (spent on consultants!!) that was SRB (Budget) so I know the name but not the how/why.

its a good platform for discussions, they are the Engine of the economy, with staff shunted around...many worked for inside track.

its a good platform for discussions, they are the Engine of the economy, with staff shunted around...many worked for inside track.

Not one of them arrives on time.

Demoralising when your best ideas get derailed though.

Guest X-QUORK

At my previous company (large mobile phone network), I was lucky enough to win a couple of tickets to the races, full VIP tent, the works. Anyway, on the bus on the way to the racecourse I got chatting to another guy who worked at the HQ. As we arrived, I was still none the wiser about what he actually did, something to do with liason between the commercial and marketing business units. Nice bloke, but as the day wore on and the wine flowed it became quite clear that he worked in a world full of non-jobs, well paid non-jobs.

Any job title with the word strategy in it has to be treated with suspiscion IMO.

In synopsis :

How much do they get paid? A lot more than they are worth.

The real question is who pays for them? It is us the tax payer (local & national).

Value added? Zero. They give back in grants what we gave to Europepayments,only less because all the other countries are better at giving it out to their companies and people.

Why? Because it has been the way in which this Government has hidden unemployment and the vast waste of resources given to EU

Just look at the latest Government department reorgs - BERR, LSE, etc