House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VacantPossession

Knee Jerk Posts Always Attract Reaction

Ok here's an experiment.

I've noticed the number of F%%%k you posts, eg: you are all a load of bear w%%%ers and I think you are all talking tosh. Result. Fifteen thousand posts rising to the non-challenge (see recent posts replying to a "this site is useless" sort of posts).

But there are some rather intelligent, excellent posts, which take trouble and care and express themselves in rational and reasonable language. Result.....hardly anyone bothers to respond.

By same logic, of course no-one should reply to this post. It's not confrontational enough.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

I agree with you.

Life is all about "what's in it for me". When that comes under attack we post. Otherwise nobody cares.

Some of the posts on here that get attention are irrelevant IMO.

Ok here's an experiment.

I've noticed the number of F%%%k you posts, eg: you are all a load of bear w%%%ers and I think you are all talking tosh. Result. Fifteen thousand posts rising to the non-challenge (see recent posts replying to a "this site is useless" sort of posts).

But there are some rather intelligent, excellent posts, which take trouble and care and express themselves in rational and reasonable language. Result.....hardly anyone bothers to respond.

By same logic, of course no-one should reply to this post. It's not confrontational enough.

VP

This is the most ridiculous pointless post I have ever seen. YOU SHOULD BE SHOT BY THE MILITARY FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION. ;)

I also think that the more famous (in an HPC sense) a member is, the more likely a post is to be read.

I have read many posts from noobs and found them to be very good only for it to sink out of trace.

All I would say to new members is to stick at it, get your post count up and sooner or later your thread'll get attention.

NDL

This is the most ridiculous pointless post I have ever seen. YOU SHOULD BE SHOT BY THE MILITARY FOR THE GOOD OF THE NATION. ;)

Think that CH3CH2OH may be responsible.

Maybe they are the more fun posts where people believe they can get involved - the more logical education posts are great for reading and absorption but dont really give any basis to form comments on.

PS Im all up for deporting 'Smell the Fear'! :P

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Ok here's an experiment.

VP

I`m glad some members are noticing this.

Think that CH3CH2OH may be responsible.

Smell the fear - i know you come from a poor educational back ground so this is the chemical representation of Ethanol - denoted by the end OH group and the 2 carbon chain.

A better carbon structure must be C6H6 or C3H6N6O6

God save carbon and diamonds.(keeps the women happy anyway!)

I`m glad some members are noticing this.

Please let's get back to hardcore economics and the things that are really relevant to a HPC.

Some posts on here are just windups by frustrated people.

knee jerk posts are the best ones. theres nothing like reading a good rant about something in everyday life and then adding the obligatory housing link to it.

i think we all know the arguments already (YO falls in sydney etc) BUT its a waiting game and i would rather read more current events than more repeats of the same argument. which isnt off course, but travels slowly.

very slowly.

its like being in some kind of prison cell. the waiting. the solitude.

late at night this site is all whistles and keys. and bleach.

or a screaming girls prison. with shouting and kicking of doors from 8-8.

"im going to get you clair..you slag" ahh - that bitch etc. kick kick.

i bet they are really horny though.

knee jerk posts are the best ones. theres nothing like reading a good rant about something in everyday life and then adding the obligatory housing link to it.

i think we all know the arguments already (YO falls in sydney etc) BUT its a waiting game and i would rather read more current events than more repeats of the same argument. which isnt off course, but travels slowly.

very slowly.

its like being in some kind of prison cell. the waiting. the solitude.

late at night this site is all whistles and keys. and bleach.

or a screaming girls prison. with shouting and kicking of doors from 8-8.

"im going to get you clair..you slag" ahh - that bitch etc. kick kick.

i bet they are really horny though.

RFD. You're the funniest guy in the village :P .

Guest Charlie The Tramp

And those fuelled by drink who take great delight in trashing threads.

im stunned by that nick. actch. its was the weekend.

high spirits. the good old english bangers and mash. buckingham palace. rolling countryside. isnt this what makes us british ?

vindaloo. tizer. dfs furniture. this is our life today. we work at a medium pace and play hard. we take no passengers as were driving hot sports cars with only two seats. werre not the kind of posters who'd take our mums to the dentist in our lunch hours. we;d say no way to that. were rebels.

and this is what we do. were like the monkeys but we maybe dont monkey around as much as them. i have never pushed a metal bed onto a beach. or ran to the sea and back again really quickly.

life is the name of the game. and as bruce said. its better played with two.

some people post in a grey factual manner. others have a more colourful approach to fill the void.

its not just a multi cultural forum. its a non creed, agenda based collective.

Smell the fear - i know you come from a poor educational back ground so this is the chemical representation of Ethanol - denoted by the end OH group and the 2 carbon chain.

A better carbon structure must be C6H6 or C3H6N6O6

God save carbon and diamonds.(keeps the women happy anyway!)

Don't worry, I've got an "A" in A-level chemistry. ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

im stunned by that nick. actch. its was the weekend.

high spirits. the good old english bangers and mash. buckingham palace. rolling countryside. isnt this what makes us british ?

vindaloo. tizer. dfs furniture. this is our life today. we work at a medium pace and play hard. we take no passengers as were driving hot sports cars with only two seats. werre not the kind of posters who'd take our mums to the dentist in our lunch hours. we;d say no way to that. were rebels.

and this is what we do. were like the monkeys but we maybe dont monkey around as much as them. i have never pushed a metal bed onto a beach. or ran to the sea and back again really quickly.

life is the name of the game. and as bruce said. its better played with two.

some people post in a grey factual manner. others have a more colourful approach to fill the void.

its not just a multi cultural forum. its a non creed, agenda based collective.

Complete Bulls**t

Complete Bulls**t

i feel the pain. i really do. but without the colour what would we be trooping ?

in our everyday lives the facts are just repeated only in differing ways.

not every tree bears the same fruit. but they are all none the less trees.

and we should hug them soundly. and embrace them unto us.

Guest Bart of Darkness

i feel the pain. i really do. but without the colour what would we be trooping ?

in our everyday lives the facts are just repeated only in differing ways.

not every tree bears the same fruit. but they are all none the less trees.

and we should hug them soundly. and embrace them unto us.

Fred mate, I don't know what you've been drinking but I'd like a pint of it please.

its a pint of death.

think slowly and wonder why you would waste a day ?

a day of this life. this gift. this mild spectacle of impossibility.

our life ? your life ?

no.

you do not own yourself. your clock is ticking from some others winding ?

who we know not, but we are here, and this is now.

Noone feels they can repond to a well thought out post, its too long and its to hard to add to it. You need to think before you post, the post then dies.... Its much easier to repond to a 'simple' post....

Guest Winners and Losers

I agree, it takes ages of posting on here to become one of the 'in' crowd. You need to prove yourself a bit. I think new posters should get more exposure, so I always try and bump their threads up.

As for the knee jerk posters attracting attention, even though sometimes I want to post something I resist. I don't grace them with a response anymore. It is futile anyway and a waste of good HPC time when I can be wallowing in doom and gloom. ;)

Edited by Winners and Losers

Something for everyone, that’s the good thing about HPC.

It's been a bit quiet on the economic bombshell front recently. I think the row's can be just as educational.

It is when they are tested, questioned and applied to new situations that our main theories become stronger and more reassuring.

Banlydegs, I luv you man, youre my best mate, you really are, blooooargh

Sorry, (looks sheepishly at the floor).

It would appear I've had one to many team building sessions at work.

I do have a point though rockdoc.

Maybe they are the more fun posts where people believe they can get involved - the more logical education posts are great for reading and absorption but dont really give any basis to form comments on.

I have to say - i don't understand a lot of the "educational" stuff on here. I certainly don't understand a lot of the graphs etc. That's why i stick to "fun threads". Not everybody here has a degree in economics or even a degree, not everybody understands which newspapers have which political bias. I'm not ashamed to say i'm probably quite thick compared to a lot of you - does that make my posts less valid? I'm sorry to say i enjoy the tat. Not nessecarily the agressive stuff. But for those of you who like the highly educational banter - there are those of us who want a HPC - but only have a little bit of common sense between their ears. So when the posts are a little boring or not challenging enough for you "my dog can bark "housepricecrash""- please spare a thought for those who were not blessed in the brain department - those silly posts and little anecdotes lighten up my day, and keep me sane (not any brighter, but you can't have it all!)

Ok here's an experiment.

VP

b<<<llocks! :)