House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the bhoy

Homebuyer Show Nonsense

Hi all,

This is my first post...have been lurking about as a guest for a while but read something yesterday so crazy that I thought I'd share it with you.....

In the free City AM newspaper distributed in the City, there was a special section about the Homebuyer Show on this weekend at excel.

Check out these quotes from people talking up the market.

"We believe the property market will start to pick up again by spring, so the earlier people make their move, the more they'll stand to prosper come the boom."

(Jason Newton - regional sales and marketing director for Bryant Homes)

BOOM? surely not another one! :o

He goes on to talk about the market soaring when the post-winter upturn kicks in.

Later on in the same article we have the manager director of the homebuyer show saying "A reduction in interest rates is now widely expected in the spring"

By who??!!

I'm fed up of all these VIs!

Welcome the bhoy,

I would of otherwise believed everything he said, with a name like that! :o

But it goes to show how the VIs (or corporate interests) will result to blatant miss-truths to keep the hype going...

Absolutely!

Has there, perhaps, been a slight reduction in the number of property shows on TV recently (or have I just been avoiding them)??