House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
renter1

Advice From An Estate Agent

I got some really useful advice from a estate agent!!!

"The house prices will only go up, but very slowly ad will be stagnent for a while. As a nation we have adjusted to the debt levels and the amount we need to borrow to purchase a house therefore the crash will not happen. You should borrow as much as you can, get an interest only mortgage, when the house has risen in value in 5 years, sell it and use the capital to buy your next house on a capital and interest mortage and you will be laughing"

Oh my God, luckily im not that stupid, but there must be some FTB out there that actually take this on board!

When you say something, do you ever think to youself "dam, that was a stupid thing to say... I'll just carry on as though I didn't say it" and feel a little self-conscious?

I do sometimes (rarely - honest), and I couldn't say what that EA said without either laughing my head off or feeling very guilty.

It should be obvious that this so-called "advice" is merely self-serving twattle,

there bears no relation to the cyclical reality of the property market

Like that word twattle.... suits EAs.... from the mouths of tw*ts :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got some really useful advice from a estate agent!!!

"The house prices will only go up, but very slowly ad will be stagnent for a while. As a nation we have adjusted to the debt levels and the amount we need to borrow to purchase a house therefore the crash will not happen. You should borrow as much as you can, get an interest only mortgage, when the house has risen in value in 5 years, sell it and use the capital to buy your next house on a capital and interest mortage and you will be laughing"

That is funny. We have the same idiot real estate agents in California that use the same line. It must be international.

Guest Winners and Losers

Next thing they will be saying is 'don't worry if you lose 10k on your house, you will be able to buy the next one with 10k off too as prices have fallen'. Mark my words.

btw, the property that I enquired about to which the EA said it would probably be sold in 2 weeks has still not sold - week one.

Why don't agents follow their argument through to its logical conclusion, i.e. if true, soon we will all be living on the head of a pin.

Edited by BuyingBear