House Price Crash Forum
House Or Home

Axa To Shed 350 Jobs

Is this recent????

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...-963723,00.html

March 15 2006

Axa and Abbey cut 2,000 call centre jobs

BY AGENCIES

Two of Britain’s biggest financial institutions are to cut 2,000 jobs in a black day for Britain’s call centre industry.
Abbey National and the insurance giant Axa are both moving parts of their call centre operations to India.
Edited by Realistbear

Is this recent????

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...-963723,00.html

March 15 2006

Axa and Abbey cut 2,000 call centre jobs

BY AGENCIES

Two of Britain’s biggest financial institutions are to cut 2,000 jobs in a black day for Britain’s call centre industry.
Abbey National and the insurance giant Axa are both moving parts of their call centre operations to India.

Those job cuts are in AXA Insurance, and would appear to be in addition to the losses in AXA Life I was referring to. Bleak times indeed

AXA will be making at least 350 redundancies this year, mostly in the south west

Yes but they came in with the cheapest quote on my car insurance renewal today. Funny thing is my online broker sent me a renewal quote from Fortis, but ommitting to log an accident I had last December [other insurer accepted liability] However I went on line updated my accident data and got an even cheaper quote offered from AXA. :D

Yes but they came in with the cheapest quote on my car insurance renewal today. Funny thing is my online broker sent me a renewal quote from Fortis, but ommitting to log an accident I had last December [other insurer accepted liability] However I went on line updated my accident data and got an even cheaper quote offered from AXA. :D

no wonder they are losing jobs

:)

I don't want to be a killjoy folks, but I'm not sure the people losing their jobs would agree this is a suitable topic for humour.

you are right, I came closer to lose my job last week(or so i thought)

you are right, I came closer to lose my job last week(or so i thought)

No offence intended I assure you, sorry about the situation you were in.

As a wider point, I've worked for a few FTSE companies in the last 5 years and they have ALL offshored far more jobs through stealth (outsourcing IT with an offshore component, replacing all staff churn with offshore staff etc.) than they have through 'open' offshoring and redundancies like this.

So do we only see the tip of the iceberg?

House Or Home.

So do we only see the tip of the iceberg?

Don't think you are wrong.

Farming and the whole food chain is next on the list. I wonder if we will be getting fed the story about skills shortages in that sector as well?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/st...3A20%3A36%3A087

Hundreds of jobs axed in factory closure

15 March 2006 | 22:22

LIZ HEARNSHAW

ALMOST 400 staff at a Suffolk meat factory face redundancy today after bosses announced the site is to close.

I don't want to be a killjoy folks, but I'm not sure the people losing their jobs would agree this is a suitable topic for humour.

OK then, today I also rang my Bank [barclays ] to cancel a AA direct debit mandate as I got a cheaper deal with the RAC through Its4Me.co.uk Fully Comp, Protected No Claims Bonus, Legal Protection and the Full RAC Breakdown, Recovery, Home Start Package, the lot for a smidgen under £280

Anyway I digress from the main point of this post, which is the guy I spoke to at Barclays was based in India. So there you have it, no wonder the Banks are releasing record profits on the back of feeding this housing bubble. Whilst at the same time sending said mortgage holders to the dole office.

So quite frankly I don't see myself as the villian of the piece here, its the banking industry who are the REAL P*SS TAKERS in my opinion, so why don't you take a pop at them instead. :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22