House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

How To Bring On The Crash!

Having thought long and hard I have come up with another way to force a crash!

It also has the double whammy of inconviniencing the baby boomer generation and interfering with their care free lifestyle.

Anyway, here it is:

We all stop renting and move in with our parents! 9 months down the line the BTL industry will be dead as a dodo.

Before anyone slates my theory with facts and figures I haven't actually spent any time thinking about this and it isn't a completely serious suggestion. Although... ;)

We all stop renting and move in with our parents! 9 months down the line the BTL industry will be dead as a dodo.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure. It depends where your parents live. I don't want to commute too far to work <_<

We all stop renting and move in with our parents! 9 months down the line the BTL industry will be dead as a dodo

But the bill for Social Services to treat all those depressed parents would run into Squillions and would in turn have to be repaid by you via additional taxation from your wagepacket.

It is a sound idea. I have always thought the best way to speed up the crash is to call a general strike by STRs, STMs and FTBs. Without people to move the chains the chains don't move.

But then, we don't really want to speed the crash along as its better to savour the experience and enjoy the carnage as gazundering breaks and "For Sale" signs pop up as numerous as Spring daffs. Oh to be in England during the Springtime of the Big Crash.

Get together a few HPCers with a decent house deposit saved, buy some brownfield land, apply for planning permission ( almost anything gets passed these days). Get some good eastern Europeans to build your houses at your own specification at the right price.

Hey presto, you have your home.

By-passing the middle man can save a fortune ;)

Edited by winkie

Are you serious, nothing get passed the planners these days.

To have a successfull application you must first have a good Architect with huge biceps.

Cos he is gonna need them to carry the huge brown bag to the lodge when he meets his labour councillors prior to the application.

Preliminary enquiries its called.

Laurejon, you are such a laugh :D

Seriously, not in my area, a house has been built in my neighbours garden, and an extra floor has been built on a block up the road, one school has been bulldozed to build flats and another school is due for demolition.

Not a pretty site :lol::lol:

It also has the double whammy of inconviniencing the baby boomer generation and interfering with their care free lifestyle.

Anyway, here it is:

Before anyone slates my theory with facts and figures I haven't actually spent any time thinking about this and it isn't a completely serious suggestion. Although... ;)

We must be on a similar wavelength. I registered the domain "www.ftbstrike.co.uk" a while back. I really must do something with it :D

As it is, I'm quite content watching ever more properties come on to the market in my area, and a stack of vendors having to reduce their asking prices.

Well you know what they say, dont get angry get even.

Remember where you tick the box in the voting booth next time.

No more boom to bust, houses for all...............its a no brainer you get what you vote for in this country and Boy have we got it.

Well you know what they say, dont get angry get even.

Remember where you tick the box in the voting booth next time.

No more boom to bust, houses for all...............its a no brainer you get what you vote for in this country and Boy have we got it.

Our local council is conservartive and always has been, not a problem with that ;)

Maggie was N12's MP

Edited by winkie

It is a sound idea. I have always thought the best way to speed up the crash is to call a general strike by STRs, STMs and FTBs. Without people to move the chains the chains don't move.

But then, we don't really want to speed the crash along as its better to savour the experience and enjoy the carnage as gazundering breaks and "For Sale" signs pop up as numerous as Spring daffs. Oh to be in England during the Springtime of the Big Crash.

And the springtime of unemployed FTB's you see your crash will result in no house AND no job. Still convinced it's a good idea?

Edited by nodumsunreader

And the springtime of unemployed FTB's you see your crash will result in no house AND no job. Still convinced it's a good idea?

OK EVERYONE!!!

Stop moaning and pay whatever anyone wants - At least you have a job!!!

Your wage is not enough to buy a crack-den but you ask TOO much nowadays. You want a nice house in a nice area for 1/4Million squids - you selfish, selfish people. Just keep feeding the wealthy and all f*** off and die.

Yeah nice attitude nodumsunreader!

NO ONE WANTS A RECESSION FFS!!! BUT THAT IS WHAT RAMPANY HPI HAS CAUSED!!!

DONT LOOK AT US - SO-CALLED DOOM-MONGERS - WE DIDNT GET OURSELVES IN THIS SH*T - GREED DID!!!

I dont want a recession! I dont like to see anyone out of work but I AM NOT going to become a speculators BITCH!

TB

But the bill for Social Services to treat all those depressed parents would run into Squillions and would in turn have to be repaid by you via additional taxation from your wagepacket.

Bit of a strange comment. Isn't the most common problem for retired people loneliness?

Billy Shears

Sadly, the business cycle must run its course and the era of cheap money had to end sometime. At least a sharp recession will level the playing field for the FTBs allowing them to get a foot on the ladder once the recovery begins. It will just require a little more patience as the down cycle in only in its early stages. If the Japanese shock wave moves through quickly the recession may hopefully be relatively short, sharp and shocking and last just 3 or 4 years. Let us all hope so.

I think this should be filled with the "lets bring down the banking system by us all withdrawing our cash" thread.

Seriously, this website can't cause a crash. We are a drop in the ocean. A crash (or correction) would happen if this site exsisted or not - I wouldn't want someone in 5 years time saying "it was that dam website causing a crash.." (as ridiculous as that sounds)...

...I want the real reasons to be blamed, and we all know what they are!

Anyway, here it is:

we could all form a commune and collectively rent out a mansion....that'll feck up loads of newbuilds!!!

we could all form a commune and collectively rent out a mansion....that'll feck up loads of newbuilds!!!

Im not sharing a room with 'Smell the fear' though. We'd get along too well. Id sleep on the right side, he'd sleep on the left :D

Im not sharing a room with 'Smell the fear' though. We'd get along too well. Id sleep on the right side, he'd sleep on the left :D

No need to worry - you'd be locked up in a kennel outside like all rottweilers and other devil dogs should be.

I think this should be filled with the "lets bring down the banking system by us all withdrawing our cash" thread.

Seriously, this website can't cause a crash. We are a drop in the ocean. A crash (or correction) would happen if this site exsisted or not - I wouldn't want someone in 5 years time saying "it was that dam website causing a crash.." (as ridiculous as that sounds)...

...I want the real reasons to be blamed, and we all know what they are!

Actually, I've heard so much rubbish today that I think you should clarify what you think the real reasons are.

if you shared a room with him you would really 'smell the fear'.

look whats happened to TTRT(t) recently. he messed with STFs sh1t and he got whacked.

plus he has a suitcase collection of travelling cheeses.

Anyway, here it is:

Why not stay put and just vote Labour, if those idiots get in again the people will want their guns back.