House Price Crash Forum

Should I Purchase A Apple Mac Or Pc Laptop !

Sonny

HOLA441

Off topic Subject:

Buying a new Laptop, always been a PC (microsoft) user for so many years. Want to go for something different, need something that very reliable. Thinking of going for Apple ibook Laptop. Are Mac operating systems are really that good and reliable ?

Appreciate your opinion on this matter.

HOLA442

Off topic Subject:

Buying a new Laptop, always been a PC (microsoft) user for so many years. Want to go for something different, need something that very reliable. Thinking of going for Apple ibook Laptop. Are Mac operating systems are really that good and reliable ?

Appreciate your opinion on this matter.

What sort of things are you planning to do with your laptop?

I use Windows laptops, but that's because the applications I need are obscure and only run under windows.

HOLA443

What sort of things are you planning to do with your laptop?

I use Windows laptops, but that's because the applications I need are obscure and only run under windows.

Mainly to browse the internet, read emails, create documents/speadsheets, view DVD's while travelling. Must have bult in wifi, portable enough for travelling and of course must have good battery life.. For some reason the Apple Mac OS ibook 12in seems more appealing (and looks more sexy). I have always been a PC Microsoft user. Shall I take that plung and go for something new.

HOLA444
HOLA445

If you want to pay 50% extra for the same hardware, get a Mac. If you don't, buy a PC.

I've been using XP for 3 1/2 years now and I've never once had a virus or trojan, simply because I switch on the windows firewall as soon as I turn on the computer for the first time, and I let it auto update when it tells me to.

Now that Macs use bog standard Intel processors I can't see any reason other than style to pay well over the odds for them. Especially as I've always been an AMD man :).

HOLA446

If you want to be different get a IBM Compatible and then load up linux and xp as a dual boot.

If you do buy an apple then you will find that you have serious limitations with regard to software.

Most Apple Software is also written for XP.

Apple is a novelty company.

Archived