House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

New Weapon Against Estate Agents

New weapon against estate agents

Rosanna Spero, Daily Mail

15 March 2006

GETTING compensation from bad estate agents is about to get easier. But only if they are a member of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).
From April 3 all of its 10,000 members will have to join the Ombudsman for Estate Agents (OEA), which offers compensation
if you have lost money
or been inconvenienced by an estate agent.

If an EA tells a sheeple that prices will go up up and away this year will they have to pay up when the sheeple complain that prices went down? Probably not.

New weapon against estate agents

Rosanna Spero, Daily Mail

15 March 2006

GETTING compensation from bad estate agents is about to get easier. But only if they are a member of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).
From April 3 all of its 10,000 members will have to join the Ombudsman for Estate Agents (OEA), which offers compensation
if you have lost money
or been inconvenienced by an estate agent.

If an EA tells a sheeple that prices will go up up and away this year will they have to pay up when the sheeple complain that prices went down? Probably not.

Hopefully this will help to flush out the sh*t ones and allow the good ones (yes, there are some! :) ) to get some credibility!

If the "sheeple" gets it in writing then, yes, probably. Otherwise - no chance. :)

EAs represent the buyer - this will be compensation to the seller for "not fibbing hard enough".

btp

Really? Have i misinterpreted this one - EA's definitely DO NOT represent the buyer...

If the "sheeple" gets it in writing then, yes, probably. Otherwise - no chance. :)

You should ask all questions by email when you deal with an EA. Then they can't fib..

Actually, are emails considered 'in writing', ie can you rely on the in court?

You should ask all questions by email when you deal with an EA. Then they can't fib..

Actually, are emails considered 'in writing', ie can you rely on the in court?

As far as I know, emails are not legally binding.... faxes, written communication and even telephone conversations are, but emails are not (too easy to forge maybe).

Seems I may be wrong though... (I was originally told this at a businesslink meeting!) Link

As far as I know, emails are not legally binding.... faxes, written communication and even telephone conversations are, but emails are not (too easy to forge maybe).

Seems I may be wrong though... (I was originally told this at a businesslink meeting!) Link

The problem with a phone conversation is the EA would claim they 'never said that', unless you recorded the coversation. But can you record conversations legally without them knowing?

Yes you can record your own calls for your own purposes WITHOUT telling the other person. You wouldn't be able to share them as is, but could I believe transcribe them for use in court.

Edited by SarahBell

Yes you can record your own calls for your own purposes WITHOUT telling the other person. You wouldn't be able to share them as is, but could I believe transcribe them for use in court.

Ohhh... right, where do I get a mobile from that automatically records all conversations? My mobile is crap. Any other tricks?

Yeah, i agree. I heard about a pensioner who was sick of sales calls and then warned them (all whilst recording the calls) that if they call 3 more times she will take them to court for harrasment. Well they did and she went to court. Not sure of outcome. Sorry :huh:

Realanoyingbear

Whilst I can see you put a lot of effort into convincing us all that the mother of all crashes is imenant.Some of the people you are attempting to convert may just be so pissed that you asume we have no minds of our own, as you keep calling us sheeple. It maybe that we don't want to read any more of your words because we don't want to be insulted.Although insults apart, you do produce some great material.

Ohhh... right, where do I get a mobile from that automatically records all conversations? My mobile is crap. Any other tricks?

Is there a mobile that automatically gives the message that "this call may be monitored for training purposes" before it put the call through? It is unlikely that they would take any notice, but it would make it a legally useable document.

Is there a mobile that automatically gives the message that "this call may be monitored for training purposes" before it put the call through? It is unlikely that they would take any notice, but it would make it a legally useable document.

I imagine something using VOIP can give the message and record the call to your PC. Maybe an addon to skype etc??