House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleBubbleTrouble

Lost Another Article On House Prices...

Obviously I'm losing my mind as I keep being unable to find things I saw recently on here... can anyone point me at the link to speech on the Beeb site Gordon Brown made in '97 about house price booms and busts. I'm sure I saw in the in the blog a wee while ago but can't find it.

Cheers.

Here

Mr Brown said: "I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future." He said he was determined that the UK should not return to the "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980s and 1990s.

:lol::lol::lol:

And it could have been done with more controls on BTL mortgages and larger required deposits..but he didnt and why not? Because as time went on the asset bubble was the only thing keeping the NuLab experiment on its feet.

Mr Brown said: "I will allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future." He said he was determined that the UK should return to the "instability, speculation and negative equity" of the 1980s and 1990s.

Quick fix and now Gordon Clown is true to his original statement in '97

See?

Politicians never lie.