House Price Crash Forum

I Have Just About Had Enough Of This Site!

Alba

HOLA441

I have just about had enough of this site; I don’t know why I keep reading through the threads as it is the same old mantra, over and over and over!

This has been prompted by someone elsewhere saying that the crash is here etc etc. When I know from direct experience it is not so. I'm having to live with rising prices and competition for property. There may be some regional changes but it is certainly not nation-wide.

It is akin to a religious cult who is waiting for the master to come and only they have the truth and know the day and the hour.

How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you cut and paste and re-present the information?

How many times can you seek and grasp at every negative nuance to prop up the doctrine?

I have been reading this sort of stuff for a year and others say it has been said for the past 3-5 years. Yet others say that the end is nigh………..perhaps in the next 2-3 years?

Like a new initiate I accepted the gospel, but now I am coming out the other side.

I can hear the cries already ……apostate! apostate!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I have just about had enough of this site; I don’t know why I keep reading through the threads as it is the same old mantra, over and over and over!

This has been prompted by someone elsewhere saying that the crash is here etc etc. When I know from direct experience it is not so. I'm having to live with rising prices and competition for property. There may be some regional changes but it is certainly not nation-wide.

It is akin to a religious cult who is waiting for the master to come and only they have the truth and know the day and the hour.

How many times can you say the same thing? How many times can you cut and paste and re-present the information?

How many times can you seek and grasp at every negative nuance to prop up the doctrine?

I have been reading this sort of stuff for a year and others say it has been said for the past 3-5 years. Yet others say that the end is nigh………..perhaps in the next 2-3 years?

Like a new initiate I accepted the gospel, but now I am coming out the other side.

Why don't you join a 'House Prices will rise forever' cult instead then?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I think you're angry at the property market and your position vis-a-vis it and are venting your frustrations in this post at the wrong target.

You must do what you think is right. But no doubt, if you buy you will have strong doubts as to whether you are committing a terrible financial mistake. Which you may be. Or you may be committing a terrible financial mistake by not buying.

No one can make the choice about the biggest financial gamble in your life for you. It's your choice. Maybe that gamble with the bank's money will pay off; maybe it won't. In either case, it won't be the achievment/fault of any one on this site.

Accept that this site just presents a quite one-sided view, balance it against other one sided views out there (you don't have to look far) and think for yourself.

HOLA447

Thats cool my friend, we all have our own opinions, after all it would be a dull life if we alll agreed with each other all the time,sounds like you should leave hpc alone for a while,it has been known to damage your health!!!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Cheerio then. Try not to slam the door on the way out.

What’s the matter – don’t want to hear anyone’s negative opinion

His right – you can only say the crash is here for so long – last year the phrase that got me was

“Now that the crash has started – sentiment will bring it down”

HOLA4411

i agree mate. Alot of opinions on this site are wishful thinking.

Really, old chap? Wishes like rising unemployment, rising bankruptcies,rising insolvencies, a debt mountain, high street recession, falling new car sales.

No, not wishful thinking, just reality.

HOLA4412

Heretic! Crucify him!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Here`s the latest petitions.

Insolvency Petitions In London

That is a breathtaking amount!!! And that is just ONE day? Why doesn't the government make this kind of statistic public through the BBC? It would have been a good news item to accompany the record unemployment since 1992.

Recession? What recession? It is different this time the "miracle economy" has no room for recessions because we can all just borrow a little more to make ends meet.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Lovely work Charlie.

Welbeck Homes Ltd - sign of the times eh.

Yep - DrBubb is our prophet

Yeh maybe we could make a film. Where King Bubb comes out of the trees to claim his VI sacrifice. The VI's capture him and bring him to Halifax on show at the Victoria Theatre.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

One of the fundamental causes for frustration on this site and with the (non) crash is that too many people are hopelessly naive about the visibility of a crash.

There will not be a neon street-sign saying "housepricecrash...everything must go."

You will not be phoned up by Gordon Brown who will say 'House Prices have crashed, now is the time to buy.'

Too many people expect to be spoonfed information that only they can find out through research and testing the market. The problem is that this is time-consuming and frankly quite soul-destroying. Who wants to speak to EAs for fun.

By the time a crash is announced it will be too late to take advantage...and will be many years from now.

This site is extremely useful but it will not provide every individual with The Answer to their quandary. If it did, we would all me millionaires with better things to do than come here.

The second mistake a lot of people make is seeing house-buying as the single most important part of their savings/investment portfolio and will buy a property to the detrement of all other savings plans. That is silly.

The house-purchase should always be considers one of your assets alongside your savings, isas, investments, pension etc and not the goal that all of those other things contribute to.

Donnie's Bottom-line:

If after mortgage repayments and the cost of living you are saving less than several* thousand a year you are DOOMED.

*My idea of several is 5

HOLA4419
Guest Cletus VanDamme

Good luck, I do sympathise. Your post reminded me of a guy called Benjamin Creme who lectures each month on the coming of Maitreya, the Master of Infinite Wisdom. I went to hear him about 15 years ago. It was very interesting. 'His return is imminent' he said, 'he's living in Brick Lane and soon he will reveal himself to the world'.

Apparently, 15 years later, it is still imminent ...

HOLA4420

Good luck, I do sympathise. Your post reminded me of a guy called Benjamin Creme who lectures each month on the coming of Maitreya, the Master of Infinite Wisdom. I went to hear him about 15 years ago. It was very interesting. 'His return is imminent' he said, 'he's living in Brick Lane and soon he will reveal himself to the world'.

Apparently, 15 years later, it is still imminent ...

Actually, he has arrived but there's been a cover up!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Yep - DrBubb is our prophet :)

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his visions, when he hath prophesied." Zechariah 13:4 :)

Edited by 737

HOLA4423

2004 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2006 when prices have dropped 50%

2005 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2007 when prices have dropped 60%

2006 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2008 when prices have dropped 70%

2010 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2012 when prices have dropped 110 er um %.

Will the last bear turn out the lights at the end of 2009. Alba you've started the bear crash.

HOLA4424

:angry:

I agree totally with what you've said, we're going round in circles. I think the site should begin gearing towards some constructive effort to possibly be heard and lobby our opinions/plight to the local MPs that represent us. That's the way this site will move forward, rather than everyone sitting on their ass smug that a crash is going to come. Wake up people, where is it ? Irrespective of data, facts, opinions and the belief that's something is going to give, it's just not materialising. And people can't just wait indefinately on that blind hope, because we're going nowhere fast. I think we should identify ways to tackle this problem ourselves.

The only certainty to perpetuate this stupid housing market is idiots continuously buying...

It's in noones interest for house prices to go down, except us, the 20-25 y/o generation wishing to begin their lives, their families, settle down, have some security and a place called home . But who gives a shit about them.. they're only 'you' 20 years ago, but since you're alright... times are hard, it was no easier for 'us' and all that crap. Live now and pay later... This forum actually infuriates me something chronic, i have a lot of respect for the very intelligent debates about the wider economics and sound arguments that say things will be ok for us. But as much as i understand and would logically say yes that's going to happen, in my heart of hearts, and deep down, if anything this country has taught me, is that will not happen!

I feel sorry for my generation, i really do.. i have put the ball in motion to emmigrate.. it's just a very sad state of affairs for us all. And personally i don't believe people should own more than one home when 'the country' is suffering a 'housing shortgage'!! alledgedly...

My advice, life is too short, you work hard for your country, and yet is full of people scamming the systems, capitalism at it's worst, this will go down in history no doubt... i feel physically sick thinking about the greed in this country, the free credit chucked at mindless youths brainwashed into a debt culture, started by the fallacy of 'free' education!!

Is this what our lives come too ?

And if someone tells me again to buy now and get on the ladder whilst i can i think i will purchase and gun and shoot them. (if you're not part of the solution, you're the problem).

whaaahhh.. i can breathe again :unsure:

HOLA4425

2004 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2006 when prices have dropped 50%

2005 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2007 when prices have dropped 60%

2006 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2008 when prices have dropped 70%

2010 HPC mantra "I'll buy in 2012 when prices have dropped 110 er um %.

You're actually half-right.

Although for a lot of people here I think the danger is that they become too greedy. Many folk here are getting richer and richer by not buying and choosing to invest their money elsewhere and increase their deposit fund. Another great day for the FTSE today I see...