House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
snowman

Telegraph: Home Bills 'to Cost More Than Mortgage'

Am I understaning this correctly - that the average homeowner is going to spend more on utility bills and council tax than on their mortgage?

Telegraph

Now my utility bills must add up to roughly 1,500 - 2,000 GBP per annum including council tax (I'm renting a 2-bed flat). So I'd be looking at less than 200 GBP per month mortgage payments, if I happended to be the average homeowner (which of course I am not).

If this is true, then it shows how FTBs are now totally screwed. I suspect most FTBs would pay more in 3 months mortage repayments than on yearly bills.

I was wondering how everyone around me could afford 4x4s. Not surprising if you're only paying 200 GBP a month. Some small interest rate increases are not going to affect those people. We've clearly got two tiers in society: the homeowners (pre-2000) who are siiting pretty and the rest, which includes me, who are screwed.

We (FTBs) need to drive up wages. Can we form a union and go on strike? We need to do something.

Am I understaning this correctly - that the average homeowner is going to spend more on utility bills and council tax than on their mortgage?

Telegraph

Now my utility bills must add up to roughly 1,500 - 2,000 GBP per annum including council tax (I'm renting a 2-bed flat). So I'd be looking at less than 200 GBP per month mortgage payments, if I happended to be the average homeowner (which of course I am not).

If this is true, then it shows how FTBs are now totally screwed. I suspect most FTBs would pay more in 3 months mortage repayments than on yearly bills.

I was wondering how everyone around me could afford 4x4s. Not surprising if you're only paying 200 GBP a month. Some small interest rate increases are not going to affect those people. We've clearly got two tiers in society: the homeowners (pre-2000) who are siiting pretty and the rest, which includes me, who are screwed.

We (FTBs) need to drive up wages. Can we form a union and go on strike? We need to do something.

People have little bargaining power over thier wages with millions and millions of workers imported.

We have a political system which has done this by stealth, and is first past the post. All major political parties have the same policy.

The best thing to do is to vote for anti-immigration parties in the coming may elections.

If they get 10% of the vote, - which is perfectly possible if the message is spread - the poltical landscape will change (within the major parties - that ground would be too valuable to leave to others).