House Price Crash Forum

House Price Rises Exaggerated - Stunning Revelations

HOLA441

http://www.myfinances.co.uk/News/property/...#036;322975.htm

Doubt has been cast on recent figures suggesting that house prices are rising again as the property market strengthens.
In the last few weeks Rightmove, Halifax, Hometrack, and the FT have all reported hefty rises in house prices in February - with the only sour note coming from Nationwide, which recorded a small loss on the back of a large rise in house prices in January.
But today National Homebuyers released data from independent chartered surveyors suggesting the market is actually far weaker than these house price figures imply.
Nine surveyors in ten thought the market was at best "static" - with the largest number describing it as a "buyers' market".
Just 3.8 per cent of the 800 Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) members polled think the market is currently 'buoyant', while 2.1 per cent think there is 'reasonable demand', a paltry 3.1 per cent feel the market is 'satisfactory', and just 1.6 per cent think the situation is 'improving'

Anyone feeling groovy? :lol::lol::lol:

Trust the professionals to get the truth out!

HOLA442
Guest Winners and Losers

It was only a matter of time. I think I posted some time ago saying that eventually the true story would come out. They can't keep denying and spinning forever. Sooner or later the facts speak for themselves, whatever they might turn out to be. Trigger?

Are we stunned?

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Doubt has been cast on recent figures suggesting that house prices are rising again as the property market strengthens.
In the last few weeks Rightmove, Halifax, Hometrack, and the FT have all reported hefty rises in house prices in February - with the only sour note coming from Nationwide, which recorded a small loss on the back of a large rise in house prices in January.
But today National Homebuyers released data from independent chartered surveyors suggesting the market is actually far weaker than these house price figures imply.
Nine surveyors in ten thought the market was at best "static" - with the largest number describing it as a "buyers' market".
Just 3.8 per cent of the 800 Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) members polled think the market is currently 'buoyant', while 2.1 per cent think there is 'reasonable demand', a paltry 3.1 per cent feel the market is 'satisfactory', and just 1.6 per cent think the situation is 'improving'

Sorry, missed this post. Per my topic below (probably) I sent a copy to the BBC to encourage them to consider non-vested interest reports suggesting that house may not always rise continually.

HOLA446

For the sake of completeness, here the bottom part of the Article:

"Just one surveyor in nine feels there is currently a buyers' market in the south-east. "

Needless to say, I live in the South-East. :angry:

So do I - London. And all these tales of a "London bounce" are pure B.S.

Looked in the local Haart EA in Enfield Town today - 40% of the properties listed have had their prices "Reduced". If London is booming, I ain't seeing it - nor are the EA's.

Nomadd

HOLA447
HOLA448

I have been saying for a long time...

There's a BULLISH BIAS built into their index compliation method.

It is time it was exposed

[..]

"Unfortunately, it’s going to be another challenging year for sellers," said Julian King, managing director of National Homebuyers.

Well, they would say that wouldn't they! The above company specializes in buying BMV properties, spin is spin regardless of the origin, the above is spin.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It's all starting to unravel as Bovis Homes confirmed yesterday

Bovis Homes ave house price 2004 £197,900

Bovis Homes ave house price 2005 £175,500

DOWN £22,400 y-o-y. oh dear. <_<

The properties aren't like for like, they've changed their mix by building low margin boxes for housing authorities. Of course that begs a question in itself.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

nice article,

looks like the band (Rightmove, Halifax, Hometrack, and the FT) will carry on playing as the Titanic sinks! :o

HOLA4415

Bovis reported a 20% decrease in pre-tax profits yesterday, too. How can they be making less money if house prices are still going up?

The market may not be collapsing just yet, but it is getting softened up.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

This is laughable.

National Homebuyers have a VI in talking down the market. So they can buy houses from desperate vendors. Booming prices are bad for business for NH.

HOMEOWNERS SHOULD PREPARE FOR REALITY CHECK ON HOME VALUE

Homeowners intending to sell in 2006 can expect to achieve less for their prized bricks and mortar than they may anticipate. This warning comes from Julian King, managing director of National Homebuyers, the country's leading consumer facing property purchasing company.

And as for "www.myfinances.co.uk" they are about as professional as a pub football team's second XI.

Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 – Warnings and Disclaimers

www.myfinances.co.uk is not authorised to give advice under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

The information contained in the Material on this Site is intended for information and interest only, and not to either provide advice to, or to address the particular requirements of any individual.

We do not recommend or endorse any investment, advisor or other service or product, or any material submitted by third parties, or linked to or from this Site. We do not offer any legal, financial or other advice, either regarding the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular investment, security or investment strategy, or otherwise. You should not rely on any material in this Site to take (or refrain from taking) any decision or action.

If you have any doubts you should contact an independent financial advisor.

:lol:

It doesn't take much to feed the bears on here does it? Just look at them lap up this cr@p fed from a bunch of housing sharks and myfinance.co.uk muppets (without even questioning it's validity).

HOLA4419
Guest Winners and Losers

It doesn't take much to feed the bears on here does it? Just look at them lap up this cr@p fed from a bunch of housing sharks and myfinance.co.uk muppets (without even questioning it's validity).

It doesn't take much to rattle the bulls on here does it? Just look at them even gracing it with a response. And what about how they lap up the cr@ap fed to them by figure fiddlers Rightmove rhubarb (without even questioning the validity). The mind boggles! ;):P:blink::unsure::ph34r:

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4420

Yeah, hilarious, I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Dunno what you're so smug about though. Must be insanity kicking in, debt has a nasty habit of doing that to a person by all accounts. :lol:

So let's see. You're on the way to the bank. ...and you're laughing (insanely?)

I therefore assume (using your logic) that you are visiting the bank to discuss your debt.

I don't need to visit the bank (because I don't have any debt)

HOLA4421
Guest Winners and Losers

So let's see. You're on the way to the bank. ...and you're laughing (insanely?)

I therefore assume (using your logic) that you are visiting the bank to discuss your debt.

I don't need to visit the bank (because I don't have any debt)

Has anyone ever seen WAP and nodumsunreader together???? :unsure:;)

HOLA4422

This site is at it's best when there's constructive argument.

The worst stuff for me was reading the PropertyGimp stuff on the pig, put me off that site for good.

Pointless cut and paste, ruined the property section.

I am a bear on the market, but there will be rallies all through this bust.

Keep it up bear,paddle,nodum, and woof. We even have a landlord from mse just joined, and KON has been posting mroe lately.

It should all make for a more informative website.

Edited by BandWagon

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

This report mentions pockets of the UK with a healthier market...

Well I must be living there as I have already created a new post about rocketing prices where I live in SW London.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25049

In fact, the whole of the London market is on fire, so if the trend follows the past, then expect to see prices rises in the rest of the country later this year... So much for any HPC...

The Nationwide report is basing its findings on outdated data, and is not reflecting the true state where we are..

We can't afford to get on the housing market and I can't see how prices are going to drop...

Sorry to diappoint you all... but don't shoot the messenger.. I'm only reporting what's happening here...

Edited by BenH