House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Snatching Saddat Is Quid Pro Quo For Iran Strike?

Israelis storm Palestinian prison, BBC

Interesting developments in the Mid East. The Israelis have stormed a Palestinian prison to snatch the Palestinian militant Ahmed Saadat.

Trouble is, US and UK nationals employed as monitors at the prison were advised to leave the prison before the raid took place: it looks like the US and UK were given proir warning AND therefore sanctioned the raid.

Looking at the mess this has kicked off (the Brit Council has been torched etc), one can't help but ask:

WHY WOULD THE US AGREE TO THE SNATCHING OF A PRISONER ALREADY BEING MONITORED BY US PERSONNEL?

For a president who claims "god" told him to sort out the Israel/Palestinian troubles, it sure makes him look two faced. Why allow such a politically damaging situation?

Well, perhaps the US want something of Israel more than they want a solution to the Is/Pal troubles. Perhaps the Israelis just wanted something back. If you start thinking in these terms, you have to ask what the US could want so badly ....

Israelis storm Palestinian prison, BBC

Interesting developments in the Mid East. The Israelis have stormed a Palestinian prison to snatch the Palestinian militant Ahmed Saadat.

Trouble is, US and UK nationals employed as monitors at the prison were advised to leave the prison before the raid took place: it looks like the US and UK were given proir warning AND therefore sanctioned the raid.

Looking at the mess this has kicked off (the Brit Council has been torched etc), one can't help but ask:

WHY WOULD THE US AGREE TO THE SNATCHING OF A PRISONER ALREADY BEING MONITORED BY US PERSONNEL?

I have often wondered why the US is so tolerant of Israel's antics (no zionist conspiracy theories please).

Washington seems to regard it like a slightly wilful younger brother.

Reminds me of the Harpy combat drone debacle last year. The US refused to transfer technology to Israel after it emerged they were about to upgrade China's harpy kit. Israel backed down, the US said the matter had been resolved, and then a few months later Israel shouted "f*** you, we're going to sell to China anyway." :huh:

No other country on earth would get away with this sort of behaviour

My understanding is that the monitors reported that the prison was treated as a HQ.

Basically it was a prison in name only - inmates were free to co-ordinate and excute operations from within.

As I understand it, the Israelis didnt get their man - he's still in the prison.

Guest Guy_Montag

As I understand it, the Israelis didnt get their man - he's still in the prison.

Surrounded by Israeli troops who say they will kill him if he doesn't give himself up.

On edit, nothing about the Saadat using it as an HQ on BBC - the reason given:

"British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said the PA had ignored repeated British requests for guarantees regarding the security of the prison guards."

No conspiracy theory required. There is a very effective pro-Israeli lobby in the US.

My understanding is that the monitors reported that the prison was treated as a HQ.

Basically it was a prison in name only - inmates were free to co-ordinate and excute operations from within.

In what way does this excuse any suggestion of UK and US collusion? Precisiely: in the same way "Saddam is a bad man" is used to excuse the invasion of Iraq.

No conspiracy theory required. There is a very effective pro-Israeli lobby in the US.

I understand how; I don't understand why.

Why does Israel have such a high standing in the US? Why has such a powerful lobby developed?

Any thoughts?

I understand how; I don't understand why.

Why does Israel have such a high standing in the US? Why has such a powerful lobby developed?

Any thoughts?

I dont think any of the following sources is the complete truth but they provide new views and ideas. Then

You'll have to evolove your own truth / ideas from a wholse spectrum of sources...

here are some leads Like I saw I dont buy any of them but you need to hear at least 3 sides to each coin (nd some have many more).

This excellent HPC thread;

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...l=money+masters

The mystery of bankimg

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/091298639...glance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096408481...glance&n=283155

Look up The Protocols

Long road ahead, enjoy thinking..

Long road ahead, enjoy thinking..

SP1, Kenclarkeshoes, Solvent Celt - Thought provoking stuff. Thanks :)