House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Would You Give A Schizophrenic A Gun?

However, it indicates one thing now, there are no rules left, its all up for grabs. Money cheap? You bet..practically that worthless it`s being given away to those with a heart beat and a signature so long as its secured on bricks and mortar. Forget crash, my miserable `ickle HPC chums :P, a long drawn out torture is on the menu and its been decided by those that can make the decisions and correct/arrest sentiment with the medias help. My best guess now is a 20% fall over 10 years with wages to meet half way making it feel akin to 10% :(:blink:

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...articlekey=1444

He said the student would need the support of parents, who would have to use the equity in their home as collateral for the loan.

So secured on two houses.

So secured on two houses.

And if things go truly tits-up, do the parents lose their house too? Probably not if the parents are flush with cash, as some are. But what are the odds that families where students do this are the same families that have MEWed themselves a lifestyle?

Billy Shears

And if things go truly tits-up, do the parents lose their house too? Probably not if the parents are flush with cash, as some are. But what are the odds that families where students do this are the same families that have MEWed themselves a lifestyle?

Billy Shears

You `ve raised an interesting point here Billy, the assumption is that the parents are flush..what by simply living in the house for the same 10 - 20 years and making ends meet? Which is the reality for most parents. If they`ve then mewed god help `em.

I do think/know that the banks and building societies show no signs of collectively giving up on this though, look at this from the Abbey yesterday..just as the Portman say no the Abbey think "we`ll back off plan and new builds no problem" Thats why weighing everything up I cannot buy into the crash theory. We`re in the correction, but it`ll feel as though it takes forever and there is no way on earth the media will ever call it this time..

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1445&cat=44-0-0

nicely cuts out the letting agent as a middleman, placing the onus of full occupancy, maintenance and 'law & order' on the poor soul who is daft enough to sign up for a product like this.

cruel

For loans over 75% of the student's property value they put a second charge over the parents home. This cannot take the total charge (ie including their own existing mortgage if hey have one) to more than 70% of the parental homes value.

So the BS is covering itself for up to a 25% drop in value.

Billy Shears

I suspect so - I mean if the Parents are flush with cash why bother getting a loan secured on their property?

When the whole lot come crashing down the parents face the prospect of being homeless.

I suspect so - I mean if the Parents are flush with cash why bother getting a loan secured on their property?

When the whole lot come crashing down the parents face the prospect of being homeless.

Don't be an idiot House Prices all ways go up.