House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Meeting With Boe

Had a meeting with the BoE earlier - told them about the problems that local businesses (inc my business) were experiencing due to inflated house prices. He told me that the bank were keeping a close eye on house prices at the moment.

Gruff

Had a meeting with the BoE earlier - told them about the problems that local businesses (inc my business) were experiencing due to inflated house prices. He told me that the bank were keeping a close eye on house prices at the moment.

Gruff

C'mon tell more than that. PM me if you don't want it public!!

£10bn a month.

Standing, watching, waiting, at every turn they have been blindsided by reaction to their own monetary stupidity.

Edited by OnlyMe

Pointed out the various business problems caused by excessive HPI. He responded and took notes. I put everything across pretty well. I suggested drastic action was needed to contain HPI, which was taking off again (referencing the latest HPI reports). He appeared to broadly accept what I was saying. I also pointed to increasing volumes of house sales in the area and suggested that this would lead to even greater HPI shortly - referencing a local EA who had just reported a record February. He asked for the name of this EA later on in the conversation.

Edited by gruffydd

Pointed out the various business problems caused by excessive HPI. He responded and took notes. I put everything across pretty well. I suggested drastic action was needed to contain HPI, which was taking off again (referencing the latest HPI reports). He appeared to broadly accept what I was saying. I also pointed to increasing volumes of house sales in the area and suggested that this would lead to even greater HPI shortly - referencing a local EA who had just reported a record February. He asked for the name of this EA later on in the conversation.

How depressing - they use the same anecdotal information we rely on. hat dude may as well loiter on this site and singing pig et al to see what's going on.

Still, at least they're talking to real people.

How depressing - they use the same anecdotal information we rely on. hat dude may as well loiter on this site and singing pig et al to see what's going on.

Red sky at night, BoE members delight!

It has always been the case, often they just look at the number of job vacancies advertised in a national rag as a leading indicator of job growth :rolleyes:

There's a whole host of economic anecdotals.