House Price Crash Forum
AteMoose

Whats Happening To Me?

For some reason ive started entertaining the idea that prices may boom again! im starting to think its a last bear turns bull thing. There is no logical reason why now, my rent is peanuts, and i can save, but i keep on thinking about buying and renting out rooms to make ends meet. Very odd, as i would 'save' less...

Edited by moosetea

Guest Winners and Losers

Me too. If it is happening to us, imagine what it is doing to everyone else. I have my moments and then I let common sense prevail. There may be small rises in the future, but no more boom.

Go and slap yourself round the face with a wet kipper you silly man.....................

We all need the patience of a saint to see this thing through...................

Regards Miser

For some reason ive started entertaining the idea that prices may boom again! im starting to think its a last bear turns bull thing. There is no logical reason why now, my rent is peanuts, and i can save, but i keep on thinking about buying and renting out rooms to make ends meet. Very odd, as i would 'save' less...

Oh dear you've started to think for yourself. Time to attend the HPC rehabilitation centre and be reprogrammed for doom and gloom.

moosetea,

I too get frustrated an inpatient with waiting for house prices to fall to a level where it makes economic sense to go ahead and buy. I don't particularly like playing the passive victim waiting for economic fundamentals to sort out the situation for me and have always said that we can target and have an impact on VI spin. See the thread I started explaining the leaflet campaign I have started in Birmingham.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25763

Perhaps you could start one in the area(s) of Worcester you are interested in? Of course, it may not be your cup of tea. I myself may target Worcester as well as it is on my list of options for when I eventually buy.

Edited by Alfie Moon

Don't you just love property......the only way I know for the average person to get ahead in reliable leaps and bounds.

If you buy at the right time in the cycle then I'd pretty much agree.

Moose,

you are having doubts because after listening to all the 'good' bearish advice and 'reasons' why the house market is crashing, you are actually seeing and hearing that the property market is actually picking up - in fact the spring bounce is very strong at the moment.

It is only natural therefore that you are beginning to doubt that the bears on here actually know what they are talking about - the reality is that most (but not all I hasten to add) are just clutching at straws.

Now I don't think prices are going to drop in the forseeable future, I also think you will see periods like now when prices appear to be rising strongly, however even I don't think that they it can be maintained for long.

I think come summer prices will stagnate again unless of course IRs go down which is still more likely than a rise though. If IRs go down then you will see a further 5% to add to the current 5% rise over the last 6 months.

All in all its not a good time to be a bear - unless you are delusional !

Guest Winners and Losers

Don't you just love property......the only way I know for the average person to get ahead in reliable leaps and bounds.

TTRTR - be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Hope you're not cruisin for a bruisin! :P

Link

Moose,

you are having doubts because after listening to all the 'good' bearish advice and 'reasons' why the house market is crashing, you are actually seeing and hearing that the property market is actually picking up - in fact the spring bounce is very strong at the moment.

It is only natural therefore that you are beginning to doubt that the bears on here actually know what they are talking about - the reality is that most (but not all I hasten to add) are just clutching at straws.

Now I don't think prices are going to drop in the forseeable future, I also think you will see periods like now when prices appear to be rising strongly, however even I don't think that they it can be maintained for long.

I think come summer prices will stagnate again unless of course IRs go down which is still more likely than a rise though. If IRs go down then you will see a further 5% to add to the current 5% rise over the last 6 months.

They've been delusional for the past 3 years, why expect change now. Last bear standing in 2008 turn out the HPC lights.

Guest boredwaiting

I agree, it's my feeling the market won't rise significantly but I have all but given up on a crash. It's just not going to happen...

I get down about it too. Then I look at my bank account, and realise the lot would be wiped out if a crash happened after I'd bought. Keep saving and you will be fine. For every £1000 you save, you knock off £1700 off your future mortgage

I get down about it too. Then I look at my bank account, and realise the lot would be wiped out if a crash happened after I'd bought. Keep saving and you will be fine. For every £1000 you save, you knock off £1700 off your future mortgage

That's a good thought OzzMosiz, can you explain it a bit please. Ta

why are you here then ?

I was under the impression this was a forum for debate - not a place for the deluded to huddle together.

I can see the market picking up significantly in my area (S. London); prices are rising and property is going under offer very quickly (I offered on a one-bed flat recently, and found that it had gone over asking price and on to bids.)

Edited by Europa

Guest Cletus VanDamme

Yeah, agree with you moosetea, and have been frequenting HPC less recently because of it. I think the best thing this site can do is to close - because, according to precedent, when the last bear turns bull, that's when the market turns, so the end of HPC website could be the only way we'll see a HP downturn.

Of course, it doesn't make economic sense to buy now as an investment, but most people just want to put down roots and not get turfed out by the landlord every 6-12 months.

Sure, we might see a gradual decline over the next 10 years, but who wants to wait that long?

Just don't think this much-anticipated crash is going to happen.

That's a good thought OzzMosiz, can you explain it a bit please. Ta

Well not much to explain. But if you are borrowing a set amount for 25 years say 100K

you will pay back 170K (depending on interest rate) over the 25 years.

So the more you save, the less interest you will have to pay!!

I can understand why people have moments like this but I'm still waiting for a bull (or a bear) to explain how prices can not only sustain themselves at current levels but also rise further from this point. The vast majority of people do not earn the kind of money necessary to buy even the smallest of dumps in most areas of the UK. Economics aside, it seems totally nonsensical to believe that this bubble can continue to expand without a spectacular explosion. I'm more than happy to listen to all the reasons why I'm wrong on this but so far, not one of you bulls has been able to answer this. You're clutching at straws as much as anyone else and there's as much solidity in your blind faith in the market as there is in an aero bar. I get sick of bulls saying 'I'm right you're wrong so there' without any kind of analysis on what's happening on the ground. Rant over!

Moosetea - if you've seen your ideal house that you know will be great for you for the future and it is affordable, without causing you grief should prices fall, then go for it. If not, wait (like the rest of us!). Remember - no one has to buy. Plenty have to sell. :)

As I've stated before im a Stag.

I look at Eurozone growth - slack.

Chinese imfluence - 250,000 engineering graduates per year

Irish HPI - insane, mad.

Many of the professional set losing their jobs here in the UK.

I'm afraid I'll have to stick to being a property stag - alternatively bullish and bearish on various markets.

One thing I have not changed my mind on - oil.

I am certain this has still yet to bite and when it does.....

Guest boredwaiting

why are you here then ?

On the whole I like a lot of the people on here, they are funny, polite, intelligent and have well reasoned arguments and I enjoy the debate and it keeps a small glimmer of hope that I may have the chance of buying a house at some point. The investment side is great as it's real people investing their money and openly talking about the ups and downs.

Can i stay? Please..... :P

I can understand why people have moments like this but I'm still waiting for a bull (or a bear) to explain how prices can not only sustain themselves at current levels but also rise further from this point.

I don't know, but I remember saying the same thing 6 months ago and yet they are still increasing.

Oh dear you've started to think for yourself. Time to attend the HPC rehabilitation centre and be reprogrammed for doom and gloom.

The complete opposite is true of course. What appears to have happened here is that the continous media 'brain washing' was beginning to work. If a thousand people tell you you are putting on weight, you will start believing them even if the scales tell you it is not true.

If everytime you read a paper or look at the box someone is telling you what a great investment property is etc etc etc etc - then it takes a tough person to see through the bull.

All HPCers should be offered free brain-washing resistance training like they give spies.

I think come summer prices will stagnate again unless of course IRs go down which is still more likely than a rise though.

Who is delusional? IRs going to go down? You can wish for this as hard as you like but you won't change the global economic facts of life.

We are now entering the final phase of this madness. Economic armageddon approaches but even as a herd of lemmings approaches the cliff - the ones in the middle with their heads down following the crowd can't see what is about to happen.

Most people are greedy and most people are stupid. If you stand back and watch what most people are doing, you can profit from their behaviour.

The bulls are blinded. They think this is good news to them. It is actually good news to bears.

It makes everything more inevitable. Good news to them would surely be no rise or falls.