House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boom'n'Bust

We'd Like Some Of Our £7.5bn Back, Gordon

EQUALLY, Financial Mail trusts that Brown will not ignore the report from the Parliamentary Ombudsman on Wednesday on how governments - past and present - misled thousands of workers into believing their works pensions were guaranteed when they were anything but.

It is imperative that the Government guarantees it will honour Ann Abraham's report. The Government should pledge that everyone who has lost their works pension as a result of firms going out of business, and their pension scheme being wound up with insufficient assets to meet all the promises made, will have it restored.

This compensation should be made at the taxpayers' expense and I for one would have no qualms in funding it. These people have been victims of one of the unfairest pension debacles ever. It is time the Government realised this and paid up.

I would have qualms about funding it, how on earth are my Local Council Workers going to get me to pay their contributions for them and retire at 50 if I am sidetracked into paying for these pensions as well.

Another question, who is going to pay my pension?.