House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Bank Of Israel To Start Hiking I R To Fall In Line With World Trend

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/Doc...0070254&fid=942

Most bank and investment house analysts predict that the
Bank of Israel will raise the April interest rate by 0.25% to 5%, after keeping it unchanged for two months
. The Bank of Israel has not yet begun its monetary discussions, which will not include former deputy governor Dr. Meir Sokoler the first time since 1975. If new Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben S. Bernanke raises the US interest rate, the Bank of Israel will almost definitely follow suit.

Better for Gordon to act proactively and raise the rates before the world currency markets see sterling as the fall guy currency. $1.71 this coming week?

Edited by Realistbear

It does seem that this whole BOJ scenario will have a big impact on World base rates in the coming months, years.

If the trend is upwards for the US, EURO, etc, etc, then the UK will follow, it will not count one tiny bit that Gordon, wants in at No 10, so he will not be able to keep rates artificially low in the UK so to help his cause.

This guy is not God, even though he thinks he is i reckon.

The upward movement in rates in the UK, will be the trigger, which will initiate the great housing crash of 2006 to 2012.

Long term nominal of around 6% to 7% base rate will cause devastation, anything higher will cause pure and utter panic as over debted people who have been conned by selfish lending institutions, will be homeless, or even worse paying off debt for an asset they do not even own.

What a mess Nu Labour have created, this will not be nice, the higher the peak, the lower the trough. :(

Edited by Panda

Can you imagine the temper tantrum he throws when he realises that he cannot "encourage" the BoE to hold rates so low any longer...

Papers will be flying around... "But it's not fair...." :lol:

Bleaching your teeth and washing your hair won't save your big fat smug bum Gordon...

What a pity :lol:

Long term nominal of around 6% to 7% base rate will cause devastation, anything higher will cause pure and utter panic as over debted people who have been conned by selfish lending institutions, will be homeless, or even worse paying off debt for an asset they do not even own.

What a mess Nu Labour have created, this will not be nice, the higher the peak, the lower the trough. :(

I'm not sure your average over-indebted muppet will care much when he can file for voluntary insolvency and clear his name in a couple of years.

What *really* worries me is the banking crisis that massive levels of default will cause.

Edited by BandWagon

Guest Bart of Darkness
anything higher will cause pure and utter panic as over debted people who have been conned by selfish lending institutions, will be homeless, or even worse paying off debt for an asset they do not even own.

Naaah, they'll just sue someone (anyone) over being mis-sold, mis-leant or mis-something else.

Maybe we should sue someone on the the basis that we mis-da boat! (bad I know :( ).

Yes free money for all, no consequences, no responsibility, no come back.

No chance! :lol:

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/Doc...0070254&fid=942

Most bank and investment house analysts predict that the
Bank of Israel will raise the April interest rate by 0.25% to 5%, after keeping it unchanged for two months
. The Bank of Israel has not yet begun its monetary discussions, which will not include former deputy governor Dr. Meir Sokoler the first time since 1975. If new Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben S. Bernanke raises the US interest rate, the Bank of Israel will almost definitely follow suit.

Better for Gordon to act proactively and raise the rates before the world currency markets see sterling as the fall guy currency. $1.71 this coming week?

I would like to see it below 1.70 this week myself. A multi-year low should show up on a lot of city boys trading screens. Could cause programs to auto sell sterling.

Maybe this is the reason behind the fact that the UK Gov is happy for British Banks such as the Abbey to be taken over by foreign Governments?.

Sorry, nothing to do with us Guv, you just bought all our debt, Cheers and Goodbye!!.

I'm not sure you're average over-indebted muppet will care much when he can file for voluntary insolvency and clear his name in a couple of years.

What *really* worries me is the banking crisis that massive levels of default will cause.

Today I was talking to an accountant who runs his own practice of 3 or 4 people. A couple of years ago his company dealt with one or two personal bankruptcies a year, now he says it's one or two a week. His local county court has increased it's bankruptcy sittings from one session a week to two sessions a day!

He says he isn't even advising people to take out IVAs, just to go straight for bankruptcy - less paperwork and quicker to discharge. As an example, he's been advising recently qualified medical students with 7 years accrued debt to immediately go bankrupt and work in the US for a few years before returning to the UK with a clear name.

I mentioned about banks having to write off all this increasing bad debt, and his reply was that much of this could be recovered as insured losses and would just work back into the system as increased life/house/car insurance premiums. If this is true (maybe someone with a bit more economic knowledge than me can comment) then this just seems to be another way that all of us muggins trying to stay in the black are screwed subsidising debt junkies.

TLM

Guest Charlie The Tramp

My observations the past few weeks show there are a large number of adjourned petitions daily at the Central Bankruptcy Court in London. It appears the Insolvency Service may be pressurising petitioners to go for IVAs instead of Bankruptcy. I believe the figures for Q1 will be shocking taking the daily toll of petitions at this court. It appears that the London figures for Q4 2005 have been exceeded from this court alone and there are a further three courts which cover the London area. I can seen drastic action taken to stop these p**s takers treating debt as a joke and using a badly thought out act to escape their debts.

I can seen drastic action taken to stop these p**s takers treating debt as a joke and using a badly thought out act to escape their debts

What the Government are going to be brought to task for borrowing too much, surely they will just change the law and put in another few peers to smooth the way. :D:D