House Price Crash Forum

Removing Chewing Gum

HOLA441
HOLA442

I have got chewing gum all over my bed sheets. :angry: Whats the best way to remove it? :unsure:

What the hell were you doing with that girl?

HOLA443

Put your sheets in the freezer, then pick the stuff off once nice and cold..

Remember to take them out though. I once did this with my trousers after a night out. I forgot about it in the morning and spent the next few days wondering where my trousers were, until I went for the oven chips and found them again.

Alternatively throw the sheets in the bin.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

it took 6 posts to get there :P:D:lol:

to quote teddyboy - "back of the net" :lol:

Anybody else play "spot the country" [without an atlas] :rolleyes: and when you can recognise a "continent" you can lay back with a smug grin on your face knowing you done good :D

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Put your sheets in the freezer, then pick the stuff off once nice and cold..

Remember to take them out though. I once did this with my trousers after a night out. I forgot about it in the morning and spent the next few days wondering where my trousers were, until I went for the oven chips and found them again.

Alternatively throw the sheets in the bin.

:lol: Thanks everyone but it is a serious question and unfortunately the sheets are too big for my freezer. :( Is there any remover I can buy? :unsure:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Try Stain Devils. I used these to get paint off a brand new pair of Levis in the late 90s.

Stain Devil No8

Click the link and it'll tell you where you can buy them at the bottom.

Good luck.

NDL

PS. I have no connection with this company, though I do feel I deserve some commission!

Thanks. I'll send you some chewing gum. :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

:lol: Thanks everyone but it is a serious question and unfortunately the sheets are too big for my freezer. :( Is there any remover I can buy? :unsure:

Shaker go to your freindly local publican [with bedsheet] and ask him to give the chuddy a blast from a CO2 bottle [used to gas the larger up] I used to remove chuddy from the pub carpets that way, same as puting you sheets in the freezer, goes brittle and comes off with a blunt knife. :ph34r:

HOLA4415

Shaker go to your freindly local publican [with bedsheet] and ask him to give the chuddy a blast from a CO2 bottle [used to gas the larger up] I used to remove chuddy from the pub carpets that way, same as puting you sheets in the freezer, goes brittle and comes off with a blunt knife. :ph34r:

Or just rub ice on the gum.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Cut out the bit with the chewing gum on it then, silly billy. It'll fit in the freezer that way.

Stain devils are awright. The chewing gum one smells like marzipan too, if I remember correctly.

Here's a tip for candle wax on jeans for anyone else with unfortunate fabric accident damage. Put a sheet of kitchen roll on the item and iron it. The wax melts (duh) and gets absorbed into the kitchen roll.

Anyone remember those 5 minute filler programs that used to be on a few years ago on BBC? Trade Secrets I think it was called. Those were full of this sort of stuff.

HOLA4418

Archived