House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Inflation Is Such A Good Thing - Not

yes. id been meaning to look into that, but id left my copy in my burning farmhouse. can someone post it ?

must dash. ive an appointment with the back of a japanese pickup truck for a cruise around the neighbour hood high on khyat totin a machine gun.

part of my community work you see.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...5679258,00.html

Maybe those who think HPI is such a good thing should read what devastation Zimbabeway's inflation is doing to its people.

To summarise:

1980 - $1 = 2 Zimbabwean dollars

Ffwd to 2006

$1 = 99,000 Zimbabwean dollars

With no wage inflation

Edited by Mr Blek

So... what do you think: was Gold a good buy for Zimbabweans?

probably not such a good investment as a student loan, helping to gain a good education in Zim or the UK, the cost of which was quickly eroded and allowing the recipient to get a decent job in blighty.

He added, facetiously

This is what happens when you print money against nothing. The whole world could learn something from the Weimar Republic, but no... 85 years later, where still doing it. DOH! (and Robert M is lookin' more and more like Adolph H's long lost brown-eyed brother everyday)

You only need a £5 to become a Zimbabwean millionaire, or half that with unofficial exchange rates.

Other Africans seem to love him though :-

Many in the crowd gathered in Pretoria last month for the inauguration of South Africa's President Thabo Mbeki gave the Zimbabwean visitor a standing ovation.

'He represents, to the average African ... dignity and self-determination,' wrote Christine Qunta, a columnist in Johannesburg's Business Day newspaper.

Hrm, that second home in South Africa was such a good idea darling! <_<

He also did great at the Earth Summit gig in Johannesburg :-

Defending his controversial land reform policies, Mr Mugabe told the British leader: "Keep your England and let me keep my Zimbabwe."

Hrm, ok. No doubt he will go down as a genius.

However, their Central Statistical Office seems slightly more honest than their British counterparts, both were tasked to produce inflation figures that aren't in double-digits, each went their own way.

Edited by BuyingBear