House Price Crash Forum

H P I Has Made Us All Worse Off--far Worse Than In 1996

HOLA441

http://business.scotsman.com/finance.cfm?id=365772006

'Fiscal drag' and other ways Brown quietly gets your cash

JENNIFER HILL

IN JUST over a week's time, Chancellor Gordon Brown will disclose the contents of his red box. Many hard-pressed tax-payers will no doubt hope for some respite from a sinister condition tightening its grip on the nation's pocket - "fiscal drag".
Figures show that fiscal policy has left homeowners more than £10 billion a year worse off than they were in 1994.
The scale of the impact of these so-called "stealth" taxes is startling. Typical middle-to-high income earners now pay up to 50 per cent of their incomes to the Treasury by way of taxes, compared with 36 per cent in 1996. And, since 1997, revenue generated by stealth taxes, fiscal drag and stamp duty has increased a staggering 78 per cent - to £123bn today from £69bn.
Soaring house prices have also created an inheritance tax bonanza for the government. They have contributed to an 81 per cent increase in IHT revenue - to £2.9bn from £1.6bn in the past eight years.

The Miracle Economy is no more than a massive tax scam at the expense of the sheeple. HPI has just added more to the coffers while preventing home ownership for those at the bottom of the financial heap.

HOLA442

http://business.scotsman.com/finance.cfm?id=365772006

'Fiscal drag' and other ways Brown quietly gets your cash

JENNIFER HILL

IN JUST over a week's time, Chancellor Gordon Brown will disclose the contents of his red box. Many hard-pressed tax-payers will no doubt hope for some respite from a sinister condition tightening its grip on the nation's pocket - "fiscal drag".
Figures show that fiscal policy has left homeowners more than £10 billion a year worse off than they were in 1994.
The scale of the impact of these so-called "stealth" taxes is startling. Typical middle-to-high income earners now pay up to 50 per cent of their incomes to the Treasury by way of taxes, compared with 36 per cent in 1996. And, since 1997, revenue generated by stealth taxes, fiscal drag and stamp duty has increased a staggering 78 per cent - to £123bn today from £69bn.
Soaring house prices have also created an inheritance tax bonanza for the government. They have contributed to an 81 per cent increase in IHT revenue - to £2.9bn from £1.6bn in the past eight years.

The Miracle Economy is no more than a massive tax scam at the expense of the sheeple. HPI has just added more to the coffers while preventing home ownership for those at the bottom of the financial heap.

Where do you get off reffering to us as sheeple. People like myself visiting this board may not be very interested in listening to your arguements when you show us so little repect. Spreading the word may involve winning us "sheeple" over.

HOLA443

Where do you get off reffering to us as sheeple. People like myself visiting this board may not be very interested in listening to your arguements when you show us so little repect. Spreading the word may involve winning us "sheeple" over.

Conformity rules, nobody can escape it. People who think they are non conformist are always the funniest, non conforming conformists...

HOLA444
HOLA445

Conformity rules, nobody can escape it. People who think they are non conformist are always the funniest, non conforming conformists...

I do agree (as a non-conformist misef ;) ) but I am not sure what your saying here, do you include yourself in this overview? Or are you the only truly independent thinker? Sheeple. Bliar. Common words in the English language? Well I've never heard them used anywhere else. I like sheeple particularly. It SCREAMS "IRONY" at me. Its called group dynamics and nobody can escape it unless they are a sociopath (not a great thing to be :wacko: ).

You think your an independent thinker...

HOLA446