House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BubblesBurst

More Rightmove Capers!

A house near me has been on the market with "1 agent "and rightmove since last year.

Early this week a SOLD sign went up.

Today's property search (new in the last 24hrs) on rightmove reveals the same property as new on!

What's this about? Is this another number/statistic spin?

A couple of weeks ago 2 houses went up for sale around the corner from me, both opposite each other. One sold sstc almost immediately as its a nice house thats had a lot of work on it (if I could afford it I'd buy it), the other stayed for sale.

This week the one that had 'sold' is back up for sale, and the other house has been taken off the market......... they gave up after only 4-6 weeks? Something strange going on methinks.

A house near me has been on the market with "1 agent "and rightmove since last year.

Today's property search (new in the last 24hrs) on rightmove reveals the same property as new on!

Good spot BB

Can you get some documented evidence or links and post it on the Rightmove PINNED thread?

Much appreciated

TB

Edited by teddyboy

Guest Winners and Losers

I have seen a property 'under offer' on findaproperty but not on Rightmove. Also tried to make an appointment to view a house. I could not view it for 2 weeks (because I'm busy). The EA told me it would probably be sold by then. :lol:

I said OK, I'll check back in 2 weeks time then.

Accross the road where I live there has been a STC sign up for about 5 months. It was just changed to "For Sale" again. Another statistic to skew the hype no doubt. The VIs must be getting extremely desparate about now.

I have seen a property 'under offer' on findaproperty but not on Rightmove. Also tried to make an appointment to view a house. I could not view it for 2 weeks (because I'm busy). The EA told me it would probably be sold by then. :lol:

Please do--and let us know what they say. This is going to be embarassing for the EA!

Edited by Realistbear

:lol::lol::lol:

This is a good one for encouraging depression amongst EAs. Everyone should ring up at least 3 EAs and ask to book an appointment to view a house in 2 weeks, and then when they refuse do the WAL trick.

Not rightmove anymore.

Sign went up as SOLD about 4 months ago. canĀ“t remember price - sure I recall 210K.

After fees, this would be a loss making flip, assuming sale at asking price. Or it never sold in the first place. I uspect the latter.

btp

Continued....today 13th march

I phoned up the EA today to ask about the house and why was it on rightmoves (new in the last 24hrs) on both 11th and 12th March but the SOLD sign has been up a week ?

EA "Oh just a moment (lots of clickety clicking of keyboards) Oh yes, It sold but it's fallen through, and now they've taken it off the market. (All within a week) EA "This relisting always happens when it's updated with rightmove it gets relisted as new, it'll probably be ok tomorrow". She said.

The SOLD sign is still up!

Hmmmmm is this happening countrywide?

Edited by BubblesBurst

Continued....today 13th march

I phoned up the EA today to ask about the house and why was it on rightmoves (new in the last 24hrs) on both 11th and 12th March but the SOLD sign has been up a week ?

"Oh just a moment (lots of clickety clicking of keyboards) Oh yes, It sold but it's fallen through, and now they've taken it off the market. (All within a week) "This relisting always happens when it's updated with rightmove it gets relisted as new, it'll probably be ok tomorrow".

Hmmmmm is this happening countrywide?

Hey, don't knock it, Seller depression will start to reflect in the changing figures. Advertise one week 200K get offer, 190, accept 195, sale falls through, advertise next week 195, offer 185 accept 187 sale falls through, advertise...