House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashConnoisseur

Independent: Housing Revival Helps Rightmove Shares To Surge On Market Debut.

'Housing revival helps Rightmove shares to surge on market debut':

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/new...ticle350548.ece

Rightmove shares soared on the first day they could be bought and sold as the City bet yesterday that the tentative revival in the housing market would pick up steam.

Shares in the country's biggest property website surged to 392.25p from the 335p starting price set by its adviser, the Swiss investment bank UBS.

The near £500m price tag placed on Rightmove equates to a giddy 58 times 2005 operating profits, reawakening memories of the heady days of the dot.com boom.

'as the City bet yesterday that the tentative revival in the housing market would pick up steam. '

I'm not so sure this is their motivation.

It could also forewarn of a downsixing an conglomeration in the Estate Agency 'industry'.

in much the same way that internet banking and call centres have caused the closure of

many local bank branches.

Look forward to house supermarkets.. :)

ABB

'as the City bet yesterday that the tentative revival in the housing market would pick up steam. '

I'm not so sure this is their motivation.

It could also forewarn of a downsixing an conglomeration in the Estate Agency 'industry'.

in much the same way that internet banking and call centres have caused the closure of

many local bank branches.

Look forward to house supermarkets.. :)

ABB

I'd be talking Rightmove up too - if I was planning to short it as soon as possible.

Maybe the bursting of the Rightmove bubble, inevitable IMO, will be just the signal we need on house prices. :D

It's easy to see the headline a few months down the line when the bubble bursts...

IT PROVED TO BE THE WRONGMOVE FOR INVESTORS AS THEY LOSE HEAVILY WITH RIGHTMOVE SHARES!!