House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

Spooked Commentary On Working Lunch

I don't put much faith in this guys opinions, he is after all a glorified salesman. His commentary does present an interesting "muppets-eye view" of the economy.

You can watch this on your computer here:

Working Lunch

it's the wednesday show, and the interview starts around 8 mins in. He spouts some guff (unbelievable really) about people thinking US interest rates will go down soon.

The really juicy bit is at around 8:40 mins where he mentions inflationary pressures building, and things maybe not being so rosy.

Then at around 9 mins he mentions that the markets are a bit spooked by the fact that ALL markets (he mentions stocks, commercial property, gold and commodities) have been doing very well. As a result, market participants can't see where the opportunities are from here - potentially all risk is on the downside.

What this poor sucker doesn't realise is that he is actually talking about the effects of the huge GLOBAL CREDIT BUBBLE which we are living in. The wall of cheap money has disconnected the price of assets from their inherent risks. It seems that all markets are teetering on the brink - not just housing.

Don't want to spook the sheep do we.

Of course it is the debt and the money supply.

Best way to create an outright depression is carry on the way we are going.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I don't put much faith in this guys opinions, he is after all a glorified salesman. His commentary does present an interesting "muppets-eye view" of the economy.

Surprising how an ex shop steward from a building site becomes a so called economic guru. Reminds me of a similiar case in the 70s where a shop steward at the Times was made a director, and the classic one of an ex merchant sailor from the ship`s laundry became the DPM.

What this poor sucker doesn't realise is that he is actually talking about the effects of the huge GLOBAL CREDIT BUBBLE which we are living in. The wall of cheap money has disconnected the price of assets from their inherent risks. It seems that all markets are teetering on the brink - not just housing.

Er, excuse me but you slagging him off when in fact he's saying everything we believe. Have I missed something?

BTW - J U-S is actually one of the good guys.

a huge GLOBAL CREDIT BUBBLE>

everyones borrows too much money for the express reason of making free money with it, cept all assets are already oversubscribed. so there are no other free money options left other than to pay it back -

which suprises most borrowers in the uk.

Still seemed overall quite neutral to bearish to me.

Yeah, he's hardly going to say it's all hanging by a thread <_< With most of these city guys you learn a lot from what they don't say or what they stop themselves saying. I notice that David Buick from IG Index often has to stop himself saying "crash", he inserts "slowdown" instead, or inserts some vague reference to tightening liquidity or some such.

huge global credit bubble indeed!!!

now heed the words of a very wise man called warren buffet.

when asked what asset classes he would be predisposed to in this kind of environment.

CASH IS KING was his reply.

what method of cash you choose is up to you but if real money is getting scarcer then basic supply and demand says you'll be onto a winner if you have the genuine article,not paper,not promises,not IOU's....cold hard cash.