House Price Crash Forum

6% Interest Rates Would Have Helped Home Owners

dog

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Winners and Losers

Wishfull thinking, a very nice thought, but i do not think so, not with the baffoon at the helm. I mean the guy should be strung up, a complete dim wit.

All in good time. :) Ah, time, the great remedier.

HOLA444
HOLA445

9% IR would be an absolute killer for thousands of debtors.

Killer, yep, serves the b@stards right, if you want to believe the media in this country, and the dim wit, then get all debt laiden, then suffer the consequences when it all goes tits up, which it will. :lol:

Cheap credit has built the biggest bubble ever, and the sheep still trust him, i mean could he really do the PM job, he has no charisma, personality, i just cannot see the electorate taking to him.

Edited by Panda

HOLA446

Killer, yep, serves the b@stards right, if you want to believe the media in this country, and the dim wit, then get all debt laiden, then suffer the consequences when it all goes tits up, which it will. :lol:

Cheap credit has built the biggest bubble ever, and the sheep still trust him, i mean could he really do the PM job, he has no charisma, personality, i just cannot see the electorate taking to him.

My hope is everything goes tits up before he gets the top job at number 10.

The idiot has made lives hopeless for thousands of young citizens out there.

Shame on him for making the existing home owners rich at the expense of our children.

HOLA447

Shame on him for making the existing home owners rich at the expense of our children.

[?RANT]

he wont get to no 10 - NuLABOUR ARE HISTORY!

WHO ARE VOTERS YOU NEED? THE YOUNG - AND NO FECKER HAS GOT A POT TO PISS IN!!!

Whose fault? Gordon F***ING Brown!!! Hope that c*** gets exposed for the fraud he is!!!!!

I'd sooner shag Maggie than vote for that Knobhead!

[/RANT OFF]

HOLA448
Guest muttley

Chances are he'll make it to number 10 next summer, well before the finger pointing starts. I can't see Brown winning a general election though.

HOLA449

Interest rates too low for too long. We have been here before.

If the MPC had opted for 6% today they might have averted 9% in two years time.

Yes, that is true, but 6% before the last election would have seen labour taking second place. In their situation, they took the short term view of them being re-elected, not the long term view of what was good for the UK. Do you blame them? Would you have done different in the situation? Would you have given money to rover to secure it?

It was personally worth a fortune to them to be re-elected the third time and that is what they ensured, no matter the cost to the UK.

HOLA4410

yeah, New Labour are often portrayed as being just like the Tories.........but had the Tories been in we'd have had less tax and spend and less immigration......because they'd have stalled the entry of Polish workers like the French and Germans did....

HOLA4411

yeah, New Labour are often portrayed as being just like the Tories.........

They are just the same, they would never have got in or retained there terms in the old labour fashion.

Blair is Maggie in disguise, what a disgusting thought :lol:

I hope Brown comes unstuck, i have never disliked a politian as much as i completely dislike him, i just hope the majority feel the same. :blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Simplistically speaking, significantly higher IR are necessary to pay for Gordon's collapsing miracle. As the American's wisely put it: "There ain't no free lunch."

The Fed have already worked that one out and are paying for Al's "miracle" by continuously raising the rates until there is enough pain to let the air out of the bubble. Gordon must get into No. 10 before he turns the screw tighter and then it will be too late as he will be PM. So its frozen rates until that day that will live in infamy occurs: the crowning of the "Miracle Worker."

HOLA4414

Nulabour should be frogmarched to the nearest wall and shot.

Adolf Blair, yep :lol: , do you reckon he might take a pistlier to his head, in the final moments, sitting in his multi million pound house, knowing he his losing money daily as it depreciates in value, due to the dim wit he calls his friend Boll@cks Brown. :unsure:

Poor old Tony, i bet Brown is loving it, knowing he is making Tony poorer by the day B)

HOLA4415

Not just a 'killer' but would annihilate the entire country. People jumping off buildings would be like falling rain. What a fracking state to get into. Nulabour should be frogmarched to the nearest wall and shot.

I think you'll find this solution has been used in the past...

Nicolae Ceausescu

The only thing that suprises me is that someone hasn't had a pop yet. I suppose it's the security these days. I can't see Blair or Brown taking a stroll from Downing Street to Parliament with nothing more than a plain clothes PC with a Webley revolver in his jacket pocket as used to be the case in the UK not an awful long time ago. I think they would still need the security even if there was no terrorist threat. Speaks volumes for the state of our democracy.

HOLA4416

Killer, yep, serves the b@stards right

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

comments like this are starting to put me off this site to be honest.

I work hard, save hard, buy things outright - have no loans, HP or credit card debits, have paid off all student loans, etc.

I am about to buy a house, which is something I've thought long and hard about first, but I don't like this attitude that suggests that I deserve to lose this house in several years time with higher IRs. What sort of people really wish so ill on others? You are beginning to sound just as bad as the people you seem to hate.

HOLA4417

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I work hard, save hard, buy things outright - have no loans, HP or credit card debits, have paid off all student loans, etc.

I am about to buy a house, which is something I've thought long and hard about first, but I don't like this attitude that suggests that I deserve to lose this house in several years time with higher IRs. What sort of people really wish so ill on others? You are beginning to sound just as bad as the people you seem to hate.

I agree with OTT comments being out of place. However, before you buy take into account that you are getting in at the top of the market. The history of crashes and booms that have characterised this country since WW2 demonstrates that it can take many years for a house to recover the losses it will sustain during the downturn years. The market has been going up since about 1996. The rate of inflation dropped off the cliff last year from double digit increases in 2004. Everything points to a further correction in the years ahead because people simply do not earn enough money to pay for houses at current levels.

If you rent you can watch house prices fall and consider that as real income as the house you will eventualy buy will cost less and you will accordingly have less debt. Or, you will be able to buy a far nicer home for the same amount! Not rocket science.

HOLA4418

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I wouldn't go as far as the quote above. However, the property market rising to unrealistic levels requires the participation of two types of people. The sellers who ask such prices, and the buyers who are prepared to pay them. While your personal circumstances may mean that buying even at todays prices is the best for you individually, I can understand peoples' annoyance as what you do is bad for society as a whole.

It's like someone who smokes. I would never wish lung cancer on anyone, and would feel great sympathy for anyone who experiences it. But I wouldn't feel quite the same amount of sympathy as I would for someone who developed cancer of a type that isn't linked to preventable causes.

Billy Shears

HOLA4419

Be put off then, go buy your house, good luck, but the B@stards i refer to are not people like yourself, but the BTL brigade who have ramped up the market, driven by pure greed and easy money. Also the uneducated idiots who sell financial products to green first time buyers, telling them to jump on board, quick, last chance otherwise you will never get to own your own home. These are b@stards, nothing less, i hope they lose the lot, jobs, there one, two, three houses, then lets see some normality, for people like you to buy a house at a cost which resembles its actual worth, not some over inflated cost due to the availability of very cheap credit.

End of Rant. :huh: