House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
better-than-expected

Is The Agent Telling The Owner?

Im trying to negotiate a rent on a property thhat has been empty for four months out of the last 12 so i have offered 12.5% lower than the asking price. I dont know how these things work but the agent has not contacted me and when i contact them they simply put me off and say they will ring me back, which of course they never do.

Does the agent get a percentage of the rent from the tenant or is it a fixed fee and is this a likely scenario?

Thank you :)

Friendly neighbourhood? I´d ask the neighbours if they know the owner, and tell them that you´re unsure if your offer was passed on, or if the agents are too busy with sales in the booming market (guffaw). At least you´ll get a name so you can stick a letter through the door addressed to the owner, confirming your offer made through the agent.

btp

Edited by backtoparents