House Price Crash Forum
miser

Anybody Got Their New Council Tax Bills Yet?

Has there been any stalling tactics used by your local council.The bills always seem to be out round here by now and everyone i have spoken to seems to shrug in ignorance.

Up 4.8% = £116.40.

Still, someones got to pay for the Lesbian single mothers outreach workers haven't they?

careful you are going to offend

Lesbians

Single Mothers

Out reach Programms

Out reach workers

Lesbians

Single Mothers

Out reach Programms

Out reach workers

'Outreach'? As in 'Outreach'ing for everyone elses cash?

Sometimes I really do believe GB wants to plant the red flag in this country!

Yes

£1871 council tax

£327 water

£287 sewage

Bugger them anyway!!

Wow - and I thought my £401 water & sewage was excessive! Actually I still do!

get a water meter installed, (this is free), it is cheaper if you are a couple or single person, you will probably pay 1/2 as much as you are paying now. :)

get a water meter installed, (this is free), it is cheaper if you are a couple or single person, you will probably pay 1/2 as much as you are paying now. :)

How about when the outside tap exploded at -15 degrees and water was pouring out full pressure for about 3 days - that would have cost me a small fortune i reckon!

How about when the outside tap exploded at -15 degrees and water was pouring out full pressure for about 3 days - that would have cost me a small fortune i reckon!

not figured in my original calculations! :o:ph34r:

1st time in my own place and was shocked to see £322 pa for water. This normal ? A pokey little one bed flat in p'boro ? I have a shower every day, a crap every other, wash-up and 3 brews a day....£322 I ask you

Just got my first water meter bill.

Family of 6, no effort whatsoever to go easy on water, £189 for 6 months based on genuine readings.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I wonder how long that will last. Surely if more people get water meters, their revenue will go down, and the price of water will have to go up to compensate. Meters are a big rip off in the long run IMHO.

Anyhow, I enjoy waterling my lawn every evening in the summer :P

Lesbians

Single Mothers

Out reach Programms

Out reach workers

And all those not mentioned - have they been discriminated against?

We haven't got our council tax bill yet, which isn't great for budgeting considering the first payment comes out of my account on approx 2nd April i.e. 3 weeks. Although there's nothing I can do about it (short of not paying and going to jail) it would still be good to know exactly how much the barstools are going to fleece us.

I reckon my council tax will be a large increase, and they are delaying issuing the bills whilst they desperately try to cut at least a few costs (remember local elections soon). They're also using stealth taxes to bring extra revenue in - the Market car park in Preston has sharply raised parking charges. It used to charge a £1 for an hour, it's just gone up to £1.30 - 30% increase, in a 2% inflation world...... The other rates, i.e. for 2 hours, 4 hours etc have also risen by similar amounts. Just at the time that retail is experiencing a slump as well. Have these people no brains?

Whilst I'm ranting about inflation, I tend to agree with all on here, most of it is hidden. Consider this - before Christmas I bought a 24 case of 330ml Budweiser for £8 at a big supermarket (usual price about £12). Last week, they were selling a 24 case of 300ml Budweiser for £15 !!! And to add insult to injury, some pubs have started selling these too, but of course at the same price as the larger bottles.....

Inflation 2% ? Goverment Bullsh1t - 100%

1st time in my own place and was shocked to see £322 pa for water. This normal ? A pokey little one bed flat in p'boro ? I have a shower every day, a crap every other, wash-up and 3 brews a day....£322 I ask you

You don't tell us if you have a meter or not.

Edit:

Back to the Council Tax, could be an interesting time in Wales (which has already had its revaluation of CT) this year as there will be no tranistional relief this year (I think) - e.g. people who went up from Band B to Band D last year paid their CT at a transitional Band C.

This could well be a shock to the system as the rise is bound be above the 5% national average - particularly for over stretched FTBs who are likely to be in properties that have jumped at least 2 bands. A double whammy, the x% rise plus a change in property band - ouch.

HPC Wales 2006? In places like Cardiff and Swansea, could this prove to be the trigger?

Edited by mustrum_ridcully

Simple, have a plumber fit an internal isolation valve - or do it yourself!

We still waiting for ours, and I beleive we are in for a big hyke this year of near 5% - our local council (lib dems) are being slated by the Manchester councilor (labour) for such a large increase, where there's is about 2.5% or somthing. What is a little less obvious is they are making large cuts to the Police force :rolleyes: Typical really isn't it!