House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo-silver or lead?

1988- 1994? No 2006

The LR shows the top price paid in this (new) development was £1.45 million on 18/12/2003. This was off plan speculation.

The best flat (duplex penthouse 4x balconies)in the whole development has just come the market at offers in the region of £895k.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-598...pa_n=8&tr_t=buy

A stunning appartment and definately worth £700 to £750k.

Buy high sell cheap!

Soft Landing!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

Edited by Pablo-silver or lead?

The LR shows the top price paid in this (new) development was £1.45 million on 18/12/2003. This was off plan speculation.

The best flat (duplex penthouse 4x balconies)in the whole development has just come the market at offers in the region of £895k.

Buy high sell cheap!

Soft Landing!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

1.45M? Poole? Cheap "wall decking"? :lol::lol::lol:

Fact, Poole Quay is a higher value and nicer place to live than Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds city centres. The speculative peak in this area was late 2003 early 2004. The Ripple effect from the South/London puts the North about 2 years behind us in the cycle. As well as the example at the start of this thread, there are many other Luxury, Prestigious, Executive, Architect designed apartments being offered for sale well below the prices paid a couple of years ago. IMHO many of the most expensive apartments sold in the Black pudding and Cotton belt of the North will soon (18 months to 2 yrs) be selling at 35 to 40% below the top prices paid. Anyone got a logical argument to show why this will not happen, especially as the prices up north have risen so far from historical norms?

Pablo Silver or Lead?

Buy high sell cheap!

Soft Landing!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

and just to the back of this development is the 3-bed budget version!

The former is much nicer and almost 3 times the price. I wonder how much the service charges are??

and in the same area and for those of you with even smaller budgets here is the poundstretcher version complete with tenant!!

Edited by Shamus

Shamus there’s a few council blocks just off the quay one is called Nelson and the other Rodney Court. Can’t help thinking of Nelson Mandela Court where Rodney and Del lived in Only Fools and Horses.

I viewed the 3 bed budget version (it’s in Compass Point, Castle St) in 1992 it was on for £97,000. Here’s the history of that one:_

1988 Sold £180,000

1993/4 Sold £ 95,500

2004 For Sale £ 375,000

2005 For sale £ 345,000

2006 For sale £ 325,000

2007 Sold £ 260,000?

29929BlackTuesday

Pablo Escobar was a very persuasive man. His technique for getting people to do his bidding (from the lowest street drug dealer to the highest Government official) was. Do what I say and I’ll make you rich (silver). Don’t do as I say and you and your whole family will be killed in the most hideous way (Lead/Bullets). You don’t build the biggest drugs empire in the world without killing over 3000 people. But they say he was nice to animals!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

Thing is Pablo,

this development was blown up beyond reason in terms of hype, and a lot of the early flats sold were to people like Eddie Jordan et al. who probably were shown some loverly marketing bumpf all about the new boat marina and how prestigious it all was with no mention of the council flats within spitting distance.

However lately the place looks more like something out of Beirut as far as I can see, last time I was on the quay none of the sooper upmarket shops on the ground level were occupied and the concrete blockades all round that part of the quay now make you think of car bombs.

The whole place is a blot on the landscape and everyone knows it, I dont think you can take the superhype 2-3 years ago that ramped these flats up as the norm.

The biggest laugh, one that makes me chuckle every time, 1 million pounds for a flat that overlooks a quarter circle parade of Weston-super-mare type fish'n'chip shops and cockles and doughnuts "The grease bowl" - I am sitting here with such a grin at the thought of it.

What really gets my goat however is the £300K plus for cruddy looking 3 bed detached places round oakdale, parkstone etc. These houses imho should be 250K-260K. But whats really surprising is the number of properties being sold in these areas. Its getting me thinking the release valve has not yet popped in the Poole/Bournemouth areas.

Guest Winners and Losers

But they say he was nice to animals!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

We like him! :)

What does it mean? The lead/silver thing that is.

Pablo Escobar was a bad boy Colombian drug lord, when he wanted his own way with the judges/police/authorities he would select his target and give them the option of accepting a bribe and staying alive (pablo silver) or being shot dead (lead). Ad hominem.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Pablo Escobar was a bad boy Colombian drug lord, when he wanted his own way with the judges/police/authorities he would select his target and give them the option of accepting a bribe and staying alive (pablo silver) or being shot dead (lead). Ad hominem.

An offer they couldn't refuse.