House Price Crash Forum

long term property fundamentals.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZZ - If you care to take a moment to read my post in context, I was being 'patronisingly sarcastic'. I'm well aware there aren't enough houses in this country to support demand. You'd also do well to note that most houses in this country have more than one person living in them.

Also, whilst I'm here; before you call me a stupid **** you'd do well to take in mind the fact that at 22 years old I'm wealthier (self made) than most of the people on here thanks to a little thing called FAITH IN THE PROPERTY MARKET.

Then again, resorting to swear words in a reasoned argument never was a sign of very high intelligence.

There there now,

T

Fair point, my sarcastic rant didn't really contribute much. I just felt the need to belittle our extremist friend Bruno for his radical views.

I don't even feel the need to post a reasoned argument against him, as people like him don't seem to listen to logical debate.

There you go, the olive branch. Now I'd like an apology for calling me a stupid ****. Go on, I dare you... :P

:ph34r: wow - now I see where you hone your argumentative skills so well.

I'll have to persuade Clottie over to this forum, she'll get this place in order in no time...

Anyway back to topic - nobody seems to have given a direct answer to my question: what do you all think will happen when all these home-owning biddies pop their clogs and all those inherited dwellings become the unecumbered property of their offspring?

Asterisk free answers please.

"when all these home-owning biddies pop their clogs and all those inherited dwellings become the unecumbered property of their offspring?"

This is not a given Timbo. The old biddies can give their property to the old people's home, to charity, to Battersea Dogs Home; no-one in this country is obliged to leave their property to their children, if they even have any(children or property); if you think huge swathes of the population dying off increases housing demand you've got the market upside-down.

you ain't seen nothing yet Timbo......LOL.

ZZ is the ''tame one''  :lol:

Thats typical - BBB is WELL OFF target in his figures.

Ministers admitted that 272,000 foreigners arrived in the UK with the right to work or claim benefits last year - and conceded that the numbers had been "significantly undercounted" in earlier years.

I am amazed that there is a persistant denial by bears on this thread of facts and figures unless it plays into thier idea of a crash.

Yes -everyone may well try to take off to another country, but the trouble is - they have IMMIGRATION QUOTAS!!!

The other thing bears argue about is the past - this has all covertly occurred in the past - Blunckett is now expanding the scheme with NO UPPER LIMITS in the future for employers. He is proad to have the biggest immigration scheme in the world, and in history, all without asking the electorate!

Of course all I get is called racist etc... Anything to deny having to argue with the numbers and tricky little things called facts.

Thats typical - BBB is WELL OFF target in his figures.

Ministers admitted that 272,000 foreigners arrived in the UK with the right to work or claim benefits last year - and conceded that the numbers had been "significantly undercounted" in earlier years.

I am amazed that there is a persistant denial by bears on this thread of facts and figures unless it plays into thier idea of a crash.

Yes -everyone may well try to take off to another country, but the trouble is - they have IMMIGRATION QUOTAS!!!

errrrr BRAIN clamp......my figures are for the end of o3 check my link......

loosen that brain clamp from your own head first though please.

there is nothing wrong with my figures and facts, just because it was'nt originally immigration figures we were talking about therefore i did'nt feel the need to seek them out. :P it was ''natural'' population growth exclusive of immigration.

anyway i'll let you loose again now, you're becoming useful to us on these pesky bears :D

ZZ - True, but whoever the estate passes to really is irrelevant, what it does mean is that there will be a lot of property becoming empty all at once. Where I think we're differing on this is that I see it as positive (the inheritees will suddenly have more property to sell and pay off their own mortgages, thus lowering interest rates, or upon sale some cash to pour back into the property market and invest in the economy) and you see the market being flooded, thus causing prices to dip.

I think we may both be right, the flood may cause a temporary dip, but the additional cash released will almost certainly stimulate growth, as the age demographic will have been corrected and there will be a young populous again.

The amount of housing released by natures 'cull' will nowhere near fill the housing deficit anyway.

I appreciate your viewpoint probably has more credance than mine, but never mind.

I think I'll do lots of buying during that dip... B)

The MPC seem to take the level of gearing fairly seriously, at least big Merv does on a personal level.

The consumer debt burden was a key factor in the last interest rate rises, inflation has fallen and rates have stayed.

You'll probably kill me on this, as macroeconomics is by no means a speciality of mine. Good thing that one wasn't a big crux of my post...

I can tell you with absolute certainty that people paying off their mortgages does not lower interest rates; if anything, people NOT paying off their mortgages lowers interest rates, as it makes them more sensitive to interest rates and so the BoE is careful not to raise them too far and spark a crash. Also, interest rates are mostly used to control inflation, rather than the debt burden in itself. I also disagree with you that "nature's cull" will cause a temporary dip in the market; I think we're looking at a long-term revaluation of property prices to substantially lower levels. But I guess you knew I was going to say that! :)

errrrr BRAIN clamp......my figures are for the end of o3 check my link......

loosen that brain clamp from your own head first though please.

there is nothing wrong with my figures and facts, just because it was'nt originally immigration figures we were talking about therefore i did'nt feel the need to seek them out.  :P it was ''natural'' population growth exclusive of immigration.

Its nice that you are linking from a site trying to call on a population stabililzation program!

The actual population figure popped through 60.2m some time ago, and with the 'undercount' is well on course for 65m in just a few years.