House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
doomwatch

Spring Campaign

Over the last month I have noticed an up surge in the amount of EA junk mail, obviously aimed to

encourage people back into the dead market this spring.

Whilst HPC is a worthwhile endeavour, it's still largely virtual. Maybe it's time to act against this endless

torrent of EA flyers/magazines/flyers etc with a simple, yet effective campaign.

Something that springs (no pun intended) to mind would be to agree a common HPC poster/flyer that can be printed out and fixed to EA windows. Probably the most effective time for this is a Sat morning. As 1st April falls on a Sat this year, it would seem like a good common date to aim for to annoy EAs around the country.

Obviously the poster(s) would need to be fixed on so that it lasted at least most of the morning & provided maximum annoyance to the chinless wonders. A possible way to do this would be to use wall paper paste ?

And more than one poster would have them busy all morning, while prospective clients looked on and realised the mistake they were about to make.

Any agreement or better suggestions ?

I am definetley very very keen for a house price crash but.............

You should not deface or vandalise other peoples property . It is morally wrong . By all means do mail shots etc etc but I think you are going too far . I also believe vistors to this site seeing these outrageous post are put off and don't read any further.

We need much better ideas than this

Guest Fiddlesticks

There is the "first-time buyers beware" leaflet that someone did a while ago.

http://www.firsttimebuyerhelp.co.uk/upload...e/ftbbeware.pdf

I seem to recall that this was originally part of a strategy to sow seeds of discontent among FTBs (was it last spring?). It could be pressed back into service, but its a bit dated now. The graph is out of date (and personally I don't think the updated one has quite the same impact). And it's not very easy to maintain a position that house prices have been falling since July 2004, which is what the leaflet claims.

However, the various leaflet campaigns, petitions, press offensives etc that we have launched have made bugger all difference as far as I can see. Markets move when markets want to, and it's better to let the invisible hand do its job.

How about bananas in the Foxton minis' tailpipes a la Beverly Hills Cop?

Does that really work?

Think you need to use a potato.

what about tie a length of rope to one EA front door handle and then tying the rope to the other EAs door handle next door. then call them up on the phone and say "theres a large flat going for £10k outside your door. quick !!"

we can all watch from a safe distance with a virtual cam as they each try to get out.

with hilarious results.

I am definetley very very keen for a house price crash but.............

You should not deface or vandalise other peoples property . It is morally wrong . By all means do mail shots etc etc but I think you are going too far . I also believe vistors to this site seeing these outrageous post are put off and don't read any further.

We need much better ideas than this

boring. people like you have made the UK the depressing place it is today. :angry:

Guest Fiddlesticks

boring. people like you have made the UK the depressing place it is today. :angry:

Is sticking a notice to someone's window actually a criminal offence? It's not exactly permanent damage.

Think you need to use a potato.

A piece of wood, a hammer, and a potato. Thats what you need. Hammer the potato into the exhaust (potato must be bigger than exhaust) then push it further up with the piece of wood.

The car wont be able to run until the potato is found.

I wouldnt reccomend it though in case you get caught.

A piece of wood, a hammer, and a potato. Thats what you need. Hammer the potato into the exhaust (potato must be bigger than exhaust) then push it further up with the piece of wood.

The car wont be able to run until the potato is found.

I wouldnt reccomend it though in case you get caught.

Can I vote Sine270 as our chief anarchist?

Agreed generally poor idea.

Maybe there is a property purchase equivalent of knock down ginger?

btp

Or take one spark plug out. :D

Chewing gum over the petrol cap works wonders. There is a small hole in the key hole, or on cars with no locking cap the hole is visible on the inside. The fuel pump will create a vacuum in the tank, and as soon as this happens the car will run out of fuel.

When taking off the petrol cap, an inrushing of air can be hear if you listen carefully, and then the car will run another 2 miles or so before conking out.

Very frustrating and funny.

On modern cars the check engine light comes on for some reason too (so I am told.....distance.....distance)