House Price Crash Forum
erd

Rightmove's Share Price

The price (335p) is at the top end of the revised price range, valuing the company at £425 million!

http://fool.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/articles/2...700546019Z.html

At 8:55am, it is trading at 381, mind you only 18% of the companies stock is available, I doubt that price will last until normal trading starts next Wednesday (not that I expect anyone here bought any, not even ttrtr :lol:)

EPIC is RMV

The price (335p) is at the top end of the revised price range, valuing the company at £425 million!

http://fool.uk-wire.com/cgi-bin/articles/2...700546019Z.html

At 8:55am, it is trading at 381, mind you only 18% of the companies stock is available, I doubt that price will last until normal trading starts next Wednesday (not that I expect anyone here bought any, not even ttrtr :lol:)

EPIC is RMV

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm a property bear but an equities bull at the moment. Never underestimate the novelty factor of a stock.

When normal trading begins next week I'll buy about 5k worth and look to make around 20% before dumping it (best not to be greedy).

Party Gaming had a good initial run when it floated and I employed exactly the same strategy.

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm a property bear but an equities bull at the moment. Never underestimate the novelty factor of a stock.

When normal trading begins next week I'll buy about 5k worth and look to make around 20% before dumping it (best not to be greedy).

Party Gaming had a good initial run when it floated and I employed exactly the same strategy.

I would be interested in following what happens with your Rightmove purchase. Would you be prepared to post how much stock you buy for how much and when and how much you sell it for later?

Billy Shears

Dr Drubb, you are probably the best person to answer this question but surely 335 per share for Rightmove floatation is seriously overvalued.

Anyone know their turnover? Seems like the last tech boom and we all know what happen there..

Let’s hope their shares drop to their true value over the coming months... Could be another trigger????

I would be interested in following what happens with your Rightmove purchase. Would you be prepared to post how much stock you buy for how much and when and how much you sell it for later?

Billy Shears

Yeah, sure. Could be interesting.......

I'm going to wait until my spead betting company offers Right Move. Then I'll go short. The fundamentals speak for themselves so I'll just need a bit of technical to time my entry!

What is Rightmove's turnover?

What are their profits?

Look for value... gambling on short term sentiment is a dangerous game.

You're more or less right. I'll be gambling on the moronic sheep-like tendencies of the market. On this occasion I won't be looking to 'fundamentals'. Looking at a 2 month time frame.

Didn't someone once say, "no one ever lost money underestimating the idiocy of the public".

You're more or less right. I'll be gambling on the moronic sheep-like tendencies of the market. On this occasion I won't be looking to 'fundamentals'. Looking at a 2 month time frame.

Didn't someone once say, "no one ever lost money underestimating the idiocy of the public".

Yes they did didn't they. Also once heard a phrase along the lines "pride comes before a fall" ;)

Interest in the flotation was probably booseted by the extra publicity generated by HPC. So well done, the owners of Rightmove have got a bigger profit thanks to HPC........... and who are the owners of Rightmove? Well done, money for the EA's generated by HPC. Is that what everyone wanted?

Interest in the flotation was probably booseted by the extra publicity generated by HPC. So well done, the owners of Rightmove have got a bigger profit thanks to HPC........... and who are the owners of Rightmove? Well done, money for the EA's generated by HPC. Is that what everyone wanted?

Well done, I'm not sure we would really generate such publicity, well done. Well done.

You won`t keep them for 2 months surely? ;) Think I`ll have a little punt myself, 10kish, not on the basis that the fundamentals of the company are good, they`re not, but on your analysis :P Isn`t it strange that despite your expertise in such matters we`re both relying on the twit factor quotient of the floatation for a return, it`s not ironic, or moronic, just plain laughable :lol:

You won`t keep them for 2 months surely? ;) Think I`ll have a little punt myself, 10kish, not on the basis that the fundamentals of the company are good, they`re not, but on your analysis :P Isn`t it strange that despite your expertise in such matters we`re both relying on the twit factor quotient of the floatation for a return, it`s not ironic, or moronic, just plain laughable :lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Anyone know their turnover?

Excuse the poor html , I'm not very good. Someone can put it right I'm sure.

D

RIGHTMOVE: THE FINANCIALS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------YEAR TO 31 DEC REVENUE (£M) OPERATING PROFIT (£M) CASH FROM OPERATIONS (£M)  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------2003*				   4.9							0.80									  0.4  2004					9.2							2.80									 3.1  2005				   18.2							8.71									 10.5  % CHANGE				+98						   +211									 +239  
Edited by Dames

Guest The_Oldie

CWD have fallen to 485 from a high of (I think) 527 last week. Now that Rightmove has floated, what will happen to CWD share price, as it seems to have been a "proxy" for Rightmove?

£18 Million t/o last year up from £9M in 2004 and probably £26M this year, costs, I'd imagine are fairly fixed and probably quite low - they recieve (or rather, receive) their revenue by charging each EA/rental agent £250 per office per month for as many ads as they like.

They are, however, almost unique - any EA or serious rental agent really has to be with them - I certainly wouldn't use an EA who didn't. Doubling the £250 to £500 over the next few years is almost a certainty and probably works out at less than £100 per sale. They will also be hitting the HIPPs market in a big (and profitable) way.

Am watching the price and will enter on any drop.

Edit - spelling - i before e except after c

Edited by 737

Since they're just middlemen, are they not immune to some degree from the effects of a HPC? As long as there are transactions, they are making money. A house price crash should not massively harm the stock as it would improve transaction volumes. Stagnation of the housing market would be most detrimental to it.

Since they're just middlemen, are they not immune to some degree from the effects of a HPC? As long as there are transactions, they are making money. A house price crash should not massively harm the stock as it would improve transaction volumes. Stagnation of the housing market would be most detrimental to it.

"As long as there are transactions," - There’s no great correlation between volume of transactions (either sales or listings) and income! Their income, as I said above, is directly related to the number of EAs offices registered with RightMove each month (and the ammount they can charge per office).

Edited by 737

Yeah but if branches close then they're screwed. A hpc will mean that EA branches close.

I don't think that findaproperty.com are that bad...

Yeah but if branches close then they're screwed. A hpc will mean that EA branches close.

I don't think that findaproperty.com are that bad...

"Yeah but if branches close then they're screwed. A hpc will mean that EA branches close."

IF, if, there's a HPC and maybe 10% of EA's offices close then they will almost certainly put their price up by (an extra) 10%, after all the properties normally sold by the closed office will probably be being carried by the nearest other in the group or another agent using RM.

"I don't think that findaproperty.com are that bad..."

Two thirds of EA's use Rightmove and it is now established as very much the number one in the market - numbers 2, 3 and 4 are almost irrelevant. How many agents or buyers use findaproperty - ( your post is the first I've heard of them! BTW)

OK, but all it is a glorified webpage. Someone else could easily do it, or even, perish the thought, create a webpage that sells house ALL ON ITS OWN...

OK, but all it is a glorified webpage. Someone else could easily do it, or even, perish the thought, create a webpage that sells house ALL ON ITS OWN...

So how much is HPC going to float for???

Yes, sure ! And anyone can make coca-cola.

FOOKING BBC AGAIN!!!

We know whose side they are on dont we???

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4792294.stm

Bet they say FECK ALL if they plummet!

TWATS!!!!

The picture of the EA, Nigel Ponce-Smythe, shows a big smile as something is created out of nothing again. This is what the UK is doing to replace the loss of real production. Another internet bubble in the making.