House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Grim For Homeowners As Running Costs Soar By 7%!

Sky-high house prices meant the situation was particularly acute in London , with homeowners in the capital shelling out an average of £8133 last year

Average total cost of housing in London is £8K a year? I like the way they try to make it sound affordable to anyone looking!

Average house price must be something over 200K in London, that means that interest only mortgage is over £10K a year alone, before adding in bills and council tax and a method of paying back that money!

Average total cost of housing in London is £8K a year? I like the way they try to make it sound affordable to anyone looking!

Average house price must be something over 200K in London, that means that interest only mortgage is over £10K a year alone, before adding in bills and council tax and a method of paying back that money!

Again...('Clears throat')

Very few have bought at peak.. most owe against debt pre-boom..

duh

Again...('Clears throat')

Very few have bought at peak.. most owe against debt pre-boom..

duh

I realise that, but I was on about the way the report is presented to potiential ftbs as: 'owning a house costs £8k a year when you are paying around that in rent'. In reality it will cost them much more if they decide to buy!

Like I've said before CPI will be trebling in the next three months.

Don't be stupid, that would have already happened given the present circumstances, the ONS are fiddling quicker than an Irish jig.

I realise that, but I was on about the way the report is presented to potiential ftbs as: 'owning a house costs £8k a year when you are paying around that in rent'. In reality it will cost them much more if they decide to buy!

I think this is a very important point, and shows the problem in applying statistics across the whole population to potential buyers in the current market.

Billy Shears.

I think this is a very important point, and shows the problem in applying statistics across the whole population to potential buyers in the current market.

Billy Shears.

they do it with incomings ie wages so why not do it with outgoings too.

50k a year average household income MY ****