House Price Crash Forum

Investing In Property Shares On Aim

dogbox

HOLA441

Ive found a British property company investing in Berlin called Speyside (SYG.AIM, 33p) listed on the AIM market.

Having never bought an equity on this market I dont know how its done. Can anyone assist.

Please feel free to move off topic shortly.

HOLA442

Ive found a British property company investing in Berlin called Speyside (SYG.AIM, 33p) listed on the AIM market.

Having never bought an equity on this market I dont know how its done. Can anyone assist.

dogbox,

Speymill Group is currently around 70p (not 33p!) having peaked at 87p on 1 March. Speymill Group share price - these shares were only 5p a year ago and have had a decent run up so all the good news may be in the price??

My understanding is that they are launching a new fund which will invest in Berlin properties which will be traded on AIM. I understand the fund will be similar to Black Sea Property Fund (uk:BKSA)

If you buy shares in Speymill, you are buying shares in their asset management business (Which should benefit from their deal to manage the Berlin properties) but not the actual Berlin properties

(I think!)

M21er

HOLA443
HOLA444

Ive found a British property company ... listed on the AIM market.

Same as the fully listed market: just phone your broker. Bid off spread is only ~1%, so it must be fairly liquid at least at the moment, tho spreads could widen sharply on bad news (one of the drawbacks with aim shares).... curious choice ....

HOLA445

Open an account here:-

http://www.iii.co.uk/

Then when you have placed some dosh in it you will be able to trade quite easily for £10 a time. A highly respected site.

HOLA446

dogbox,

Further to my reply above, this is probably the company you're referring to rather than Speymill Group itself

Speymill Deutsche Immobilien Company plc

News from Morningstar

Speymill Deutsche To List On London's AIM 17 March

03-03-06 07:03 AM EST

Edited Press Release

LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Isle of Man-based Speymill Deutsche Immobilien Company plc said Friday that it is to seek a listing on the U.K.'s Alternative Investment Market.

The newly incorporated company said it has been established to invest in the German property market, predominantly in the residential sector.

Speymill said it expects to make its debut on Mar. 17, 2006, admitting Ordinary shares of 10 pence each, but did not provide details of the capital it plans to raise or of the number of shares it is to list.

The company has appointed London-based firms Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance Limited as advisor, and Fairfax I. S. Limited as its broker.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

03-03-06 0703ET

Copyright © 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Regards

M21er

HOLA447

Speymill is being headed up by Jim Mellon.

Currently the head of Charlemagne Capital, and about 220 on the UK rich list, so there's some serious money lurking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Times_Rich_List_2005

http://www.charlemagnecapital.com/home.asp

He's made a lot of his money from property and hotels, and I believe Speymill is going to focus on the Berlin property market.

I think this may be the site in a few weeks:

http://www.speymill.com/

He also thinks UK property is in deep trouble, read his book if you like.

Quite a lot of it makes sense, but I wish he'd left out the fortune tellers!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1...6206238-3666050

Edited by BandWagon

• 2 years later...
HOLA448