House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Oldie

Mpc Rate Hold

What else could they do? HPC is a tick away and the B o E are in the middle of the minefield. The big question is how long can they ho0ld out against the surging rates everywhere else in the world--Japan in particular come Autumn?

BBC spin it as good news for higher house prices repeating yesterday's Halifax data:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4788858.stm

A steady inflation rate and signs of a gradual recovery in the housing market are believed to be behind the MPC's decision to keep rates frozen.
Since last month, the Halifax house price index has jumped 1.4%, while the service sector has expanded at its strongest pace in nearly two years.

"Steady" inflation! :lol::lol::D:lol::lol::lol: :angry:

Edited by Realistbear

What about the Japs, anyone? Wasn't their decision today?

(Do I get a birthday present?) ;)

Edited by megaflop

They think rates will now stay on hold for the rest of the year, begging your pardon but thats a farkin long old time in the economic world for things to stay unchanged.

I can't wait for the next Fed meeting :lol:

With the Japs on hold til the autumn, and some semi retarded people still calling for a quarter point cut in the uk, we aint gonna see any major rises here in 2006 - more HPI stagnation for the rest of the year, unless something BAD happens.

This means more sheeple will think they've achieved a soft landing, when in reality the're on that stuff in manic miner where the ground slowly disintegrated the longer you stood on it... and then fell to your death.

This means more sheeple will think they've achieved a soft landing, when in reality the're on that stuff in manic miner where the ground slowly disintegrated the longer you stood on it... and then fell to your death.

I like that imagery! I liked that game!

when in reality the're on that stuff in manic miner where the ground slowly disintegrated the longer you stood on it...

I never played manic miner but I did play ranting renter for a while and this had a similar feel...

Brilliant! I loved that game!! Thwey could do a new version called Manic MEWer :lol:

And there was me hoping for a 10% hike just for laffs. Then my massive 6.2k cash ISA might actually be on track to pay for my retirement in Skegness* in 25 years' time.

Looks like I'll have to invest in shares instead. This week is a good time, isn't it?

No? Oh, right. Maybe I'll invest it in an Ontrack course instead. I believe that's a sure-fire way to become a property millionaire... with the emphasis on the "air", obviously.

Andrew McP

*Actually 6k probably will buy me a huge retirement home in Skeggy in 25 years, what with it being about three feet under water by then.

And there was me hoping for a 10% hike just for laffs. Then my massive 6.2k cash ISA might actually be on track to pay for my retirement in Skegness* in 25 years' time.

Looks like I'll have to invest in shares instead. This week is a good time, isn't it?

You sound like me - similiar cash isa, and justinvested in shares, though not done very well in last

few days!!

Please, can someone reassure me that this is the end of those tiresome storys of the "next rate cut".

There will be no more cuts, thats it done finito over ...................

Up up and away

well we've had.....wait until february(been and gone)

....wait until april....(looks like no change)

...wait until august(personally looks more like 25bp hike!!!)

...so much for that series of rate cuts that the VI's promised!!!!!

With the Japs on hold til the autumn, and some semi retarded people still calling for a quarter point cut in the uk, we aint gonna see any major rises here in 2006 - more HPI stagnation for the rest of the year, unless something BAD happens.

I don't think so. Look at Sterling. The pressure is starting to mount on it. Doing nothing ain't gonna work.