House Price Crash Forum

Kirsty Helps Ftb's

Guest Winners and Losers

HOLA441
Guest Winners and Losers

On this morning.

'Kirsty Allsop is here to explain why she is telling David Cameron to help FTB's on the ladder'

Can't wait!

HOLA442
HOLA443

On this morning.

'Kirsty Allsop is here to explain why she is telling David Cameron to help FTB's on the ladder'

Can't wait!

Apparently her 'help' will be to suggest that HIPs are cancelled. Cheers Kirsty, that will help massively.........

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Winners and Losers

She has just said 'we need FTB's to keep the property market moving'. No kidding.

'Stagnating market is going to get alot worse'

'It will cause a false bubble' :blink: , which will cause a slowdown'

And finally, 'I would support anyone who supports FTB's' - why isn't she supporting HPC then?

I thought prices were rising and properties were flying off the shelves? What is this about stagnation, bubbles and slowdown Kirsty?

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA446
HOLA447

She has just said 'we need FTB's to keep the property market moving'. No kidding.

I thought prices were rising and properties were flying off the shelves?

She is a one woman campaign to encourage mysogony and blatant sexism.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Winners and Losers

Maybe she is having trouble off loading her 1 bedder for 500k? Needs those FTB's to get things moving. Soooooo selfish! :)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I thought prices were rising and properties were flying off the shelves?

so essentially she did not say how to help FTB's, she was saying that without FTB's the market will fail??

Guys, have any of you noticed that she is a bear..?

Now, she has not spent countless hours looking into the economic fundamentals as us saddo's have, she has not spent enough time to have that "Eureka" moment when you finally have the dawning realisation what an Economic cycle is.. That Speculation on draws money from other speculators until you have the last man holding.. Blah.. Blah.. Sorry, see I can't not rattle on..

So she does nto seem to realise why prices are so high now, or the more important fundamental fact that if house prices were meant to be this high, this is how much they would have cost 8 years ago..

Bus she does seem perceptive enough to see the Market as dead,

The reason that market failures surprises people is that they have not needed to ever understand economic cycles and only learn

1: When the Economic Cycle goes into a downturn (Kirsty and the like)

2: When the upturn of the Economic cycle greatly impacts your life (That would be us here)

I knew that the housing market failed in 1989, i didn't know why until a couple of years ago.. But I am learning more and more each day.

Everyone out there will learn, its becoming very evident that people around me are seeing it now. We just had a head start.

Without FTB's the market is doomed.

I earn good money for the area but 4 times my salary buys me a rubbish studio flat in a converted house in a dodgy area.

So tough on the FTB front.

Imagine what you would have thought seeing the programme..

As a FTB that thought the market was doing well and you had no choice...

Wnat impression would it have had on you?

Edited by apom

HOLA4413

I just like the idea that HIPS will add 1K onto a price, and that this stops FTBs.

As a FTB, could I just point out that I need to earn 50K for a 3x salary morgage to buy a property.,

I don't give a monkeys about an extra grand......

It's interesting that she suggested we live in a "false bubble"....

Bubbles on bubbles....

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Send your comments direct to the programme here:

breakfast.tv@bbc.co.uk

Just sent mine:

Dear Sir,

Home Information Packs will help First Time Buyers by highlighting problems before they have spent any money. Yes, mortgage lenders may still insist on a valuation but competition means these are either free or a very low proportion of the mortgage cost.

Would Kirstie prefer it if I got a full building survey done on every house I'm interested in?

If Kirstie was really the friend of the First Time Buyer she would not suggest shared ownership, buying with friends, help from parents or interest only loans. All these do is prop up an unhealthy market. The real issue is that houses are just too expensive. The market cycles up and down. We are currrently at a peak. Now is not a good time to pay bubble prices.

HOLA4416

Thankfully I missed this, I've taken to watching GMTV in the morning yes it's dire, but at least doesn't give me high blood pressure.

Did they have anyone arguing for HIPs, if not then how is this fair and balanced journalism? Particularly as there is political activity involved as well. I'm sure this is the sort of stuff OFCOM should be dealing with.

HOLA4417

Yeah, it was just her "scrap HIPS" cr@p.

"I'd support anything that helped first time buyers [get sucked into the buttom of the pyramid]," she says.

you tell me:

peelabledadweeb25.jpg

The question is will labour and mr brown stick with this HIPs or will it go the way of SIPPs at the eleventh hour ?

I'd like some guarantee before I invest any money in it.

HOLA4418

If she wants to help FTB scrap stamp duty for FTB.

How will scrapping stamp duty help? It's only 1% of the purchase price where applicable. If a 1% reduction was all that FTBs needed we'd all be negotiating 1% off the asking prices and buying houses. :rolleyes:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The programme is reporting that they received a few hundred emails about hospital parking charges. They were surprised by the "huge" response.

So, everyone here should send a simple email now; suggested keywords:

HIPs favour buyers not sellers.

First Time Buyers priced out.

House Price Bubble.

Market Peak.

Expect Prices to Fall.

Shared ownership not the answer.

Email: breakfast.tv@bbc.co.uk

Edited by Tester

HOLA4421

so essentially she did not say how to help FTB's,

That'll be up to David Cameron. Kirsty is just Cameron's latest media puppet. Remember Geldof helps Tory poverty policy ? And Otis Ferry? Jamie Oliver? It seems likely that at the pace Cameron is collecting celebs he'll outrank CAA before year end.

Watching the next Tory Party conference will be like watching the Baftas if he "hires" any more media darlings.

(incidentally, Cameron and Allsopp are relatives : News of Other James I Descendants, 2006 )

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4422

The programme is reporting that they received a few hundred emails about hospital parking charges. They were surprised by the "huge" response.

So, everyone here should send a simple email now; suggested keywords:

HIPs favour buyers not sellers.

First Time Buyers priced out.

House Price Bubble.

Market Peak.

Expect Prices to Fall.

Shared ownership not the answer.

Email: breakfast.tv@bbc.co.uk

I just told em that the way to help FTBs is cheaper housing :D

HOLA4423

The question is will labour and mr brown stick with this HIPs or will it go the way of SIPPs at the eleventh hour ?

I'd like some guarantee before I invest any money in it.

You really must learn to use emoticons .. then again, it was funnier without.

We need a sincere-fool emoticon, a la Ardal O'Hanlon.

dougalface.jpg

Anyone reckon they could iconise that?

HOLA4424

It's only her plan to help EA and not FTB by scrapping HIPs.

If she wants to help FTB scrap stamp duty for FTB.

I disagree. Removing stamp duty would have the immediate effect of raising prices by the equivalent amount. Net result - the money just passes from the treasury's pocket into the sellers pocket.

HOLA4425

I disagree. Removing stamp duty would have the immediate effect of raising prices by the equivalent amount. Net result - the money just passes from the treasury's pocket into the sellers pocket.

Quite right. Home many people who think their homes are worth £260k but sell them below £250k - a lot I should imagine, this actually helps keep a lid on the market. I'm sure moving the lower band upto £120k gave the lower end of the market some oomph.